Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2020, 05:51 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,718,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Right. Honestly, I generally have a problem with differential treatment for those who have wealth and power vs. those without. But, come on. He's the president of the United States speaking to the American people from a US monument. This was not some egregious abuse of power.
Just another infomercial. He has debased so much, c'mon. No one is supposed to notice?

Another rally, this one obscenely at Abraham Lincoln's Memorial. Speaking to the American people...nah. Trump never speaks to the American people. He speaks to the white folk in the red states.

Fox produced another rally, again, for the perpetual candidate who only knows how to campaign to keep the job he doesn't have any interest in doing.

Yep another sham and tinsel infomercial.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 05-05-2020 at 06:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2020, 06:20 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,033,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The left still hasn't forgiven Lincoln for freeing the slaves. You lost, get over it.
Stop lying.

The GOP isn’t the party of Lincoln.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:22 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,890,561 times
Most? Yeah, I can see the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES getting approval...

Old 05-05-2020, 06:24 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,718,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The left still hasn't forgiven Lincoln for freeing the slaves. You lost, get over it.
Proof: The Kool-Aid is laced.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:27 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,076,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
On the list of things to be outraged about, this should be around #9,408,987,293
Absolutely but I think it spotlights Trump privilege. He would never understand why the image of him being able to do a rally type interview in front of the statue right now while everyday Americans are being told to not travel, not allowed to go, etc.....kind of speaks of privilege...lol.

This isn't a huge thing.
It's not an outrage.
Don't get dramatic -- it's just a little point but consistent with his tone deaf approach.

Trump tries to create TV moments -- and it just is so phony, staged and overworked.

You know what would have been better --- an interview in a relaxed location at the White House or Camp David, with Trump seen as hunkering down with his family....and dealing with working at home.

Again -- not a huge issue so don't get overly dramatic as some kind of big attack -- it's just a comment on his messaging.

I think it would go a long way for Trump to appear like his family is maybe just like us a little tiny bit.

But there is a complete disconnect.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:28 AM

57,410 posts, read 26,339,824 times
Probably not the best president to be holding a town hall at the Lincoln Monument even though he claims he was better than all the presidents put together.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,076,865 times
And the take away from that interview is that Trump thinks he is being treated worse than a PResident who was shot in cold blood.

There's some kind of disconnect in his brain. I'm not sure if he blacks out facts on purpose or if the does it to try and rewrite history. IT's confusing.

Old 05-05-2020, 06:51 AM

11,233 posts, read 8,328,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
On the list of things to be outraged about, this should be around #9,408,987,293

I didn't watch it. I heard he claimed he has been treated worse than any other POTUS (I've seen him say it before). Is that true? Did he REALLY claim to be treated worse than Lincoln, the man who was assassinated, while sitting on his monument? If so, that probably ranks higher than him breaking his own rules to hold a campaign rally on tax-payer dollars, I agree.

I was also pretty upset that he used taxpayer money to send me a letter claiming credit for the $1200 check that Senate and House approved. All he had to do was sign his name on the bill. Again, I think it's outrageous that he uses Taxpayer money to fund his campaign. I don't like it when any past POTUS does this, but it has never been done to the extent that Trump has done.

Really sick that he still has idiots believing he doesn't benefit or get paid from being POTUS, while he rips off the American public's tax dollars, and uses laws (and ignores others) to enrich himself.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:09 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,996,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I didn't watch it. I heard he claimed he has been treated worse than any other POTUS (I've seen him say it before). Is that true? Did he REALLY claim to be treated worse than Lincoln, the man who was assassinated, while sitting on his monument? If so, that probably ranks higher than him breaking his own rules to hold a campaign rally on tax-payer dollars, I agree.

I was also pretty upset that he used taxpayer money to send me a letter claiming credit for the $1200 check that Senate and House approved. All he had to do was sign his name on the bill. Again, I think it's outrageous that he uses Taxpayer money to fund his campaign. I don't like it when any past POTUS does this, but it has never been done to the extent that Trump has done.

Really sick that he still has idiots believing he doesn't benefit or get paid from being POTUS, while he rips off the American public's tax dollars, and uses laws (and ignores others) to enrich himself.
I don't know. Trump or any other POTUS, this is what bothers me most. I got plenty of other stuff in my life that I DO control, and I focus on that stuff. What some idiot POTUS does really has minimal effect on my life compared to the stuff I do control. I feel bad for the little minds like his and those who fall all over themselves every day to praise him or try to hang him, they've all lost sight of the bigger picture and the more important things in life.

Old 05-05-2020, 07:12 AM

37,971 posts, read 17,916,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Stop lying.
In this thread the filthy lies are coming from your posts and the repulsive left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
The GOP isn’t the party of Lincoln.
Agreed, they are less racist than Lincoln. The racism overwhelmingly was and still is the left.
The dems are still the party of slavery, the party of the klan, the party of Exec Order 9066, the Party of Jim Crow, the Party that didn't support the 4 Civil rights Acts like the right did, the party of klansmen Sen Byrd and their Presidential Candidate George Wallace. It's the left that treats Blacks like children who can't make it so we need welfare and Affirmative Action. According to the left, blacks can't figure out how to obtain a voter ID.

Own your parties racist past and present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies