Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 01:07 PM

1,031 posts, read 639,556 times

Advertisements

I've been working with young at risk male black youth for multiple decades as an athletic coach in the public school systems (licensed in numerous States) and one thing is abundantly clear... these kids are at a higher risk of gun violence than any other demographic in American history

the reasons for this are many but the topic we should be discussing here today is the fact that you should never try to disarm someone who has a gun pointed at you if you are not defending your property/loved ones and thus cannot flee

This young man should have fled immediately not attacked the men with guns

The last thing on God's green earth he should have done is run toward TWO individuals who had a gun pointed at him, grab that gun and begin attacking one individual with his free hand in some kind of crazy disarmimg attempt senario...thats a 99% fatal decition

What was he hoping to do knockout the man and take his gun away?

He would have certainly been shot by the second individual!

Suicide!!!!

if you have a gun pointed at someone and they grab that gun and begin to punch you in the face you must fire with lethal Force because there's a very good chance that that individual is going to take your gun away and kill you with it...in fact many are killed with their own gun after losing it in a grappling match...its a common scenario

I used to train police in hand-to-hand combat and back in the early 90s I was told that most police were actually killed with their own guns

I don't believe these men intended to shoot this victim but we're forced to when the young man closed, engauged and attacked.

I believe they thought they had a thief caught red-handed and we're about to be neighborhood Heroes by using their guns to control the situation.

Stupid vigilantes emboldened by their weapons

I don't know EXACTLY what precipitated this entire incident but what I have gathered so far is that he was looking into a house under construction and these two men confronted him because they believed he was part of a group of Thieves committing recent break-ins

These two individuals should NEVER have confronted him!

they should have simply kept their eyes on him and called UNIFORMED law enforcement to check out the situation

By setting up a literal ambush they put him in a scenario where he made a terrible decision to attack two armed men and it cost him his life

I would be very curious to know if they identified themselves initially while trying to effect a citizen's arrest or simply drove in front of him and set up an ambush

Any former law enforcement officer should know better then to try to effect a citizen's arrest in the middle of a public road without uniform or backup in a scenario where property crime is simply suspected

Both parties are at fault

This is almost an identical scenario to the Trayvon Martin situation

Never attack a man who is following you with a gun...

Never attack a man who has a gun pointed at you

you should carry a gun yourself so you can defend yourself with lethal Force or run like your life depends on it

https://youtu.be/qEOBDlg9rp8

https://youtu.be/hBHBTi7CZa4

Old 05-08-2020, 01:15 PM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
Your arguing, Stand Your Ground laws are dangerous and irresponsible.
In Essence: "People should not defend themselves and should obey a threat making demands" is what your arguing.

Just trying to clarify exactly what your arguing here. I disagree.

Old 05-08-2020, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Your arguing, Stand Your Ground laws are dangerous and irresponsible.
In Essence: "People should not defend themselves and should obey a threat making demands" is what your arguing.

Just trying to clarify exactly what your arguing here. I disagree.

From the OP

"you should carry a gun yourself so you can defend yourself with lethal Force or run like your life depends on it
"

Old 05-08-2020, 01:55 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
From the OP

"you should carry a gun yourself so you can defend yourself with lethal Force or run like your life depends on it
"
So it would have been better if Arbrey had a gun and pulled it out against 2-3 armed antagonists?

Better for whom?

Old 05-08-2020, 01:56 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,932,094 times
Sorry, even Trump doesn't agree.

Old 05-08-2020, 01:59 PM

7,135 posts, read 4,546,769 times
I hope the 2 killers spend the rest of their lives in prison.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
So it would have been better if Arbrey had a gun and pulled it out against 2-3 armed antagonists?

Better for whom?
I think he would have had a better chance of survival if he would have ran away

He would have had the second-best chance of survival if he pulled his own gun and defended himself

He had the lowest chance of survival if he tried to physically overpower and disarm 2 men who were clearly larger and stronger than he was

Old 05-08-2020, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Sorry, even Trump doesn't agree.
I universally disagree with Donald Trump on virtually every facet of decision making so no surprise there

Old 05-08-2020, 02:19 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boer View Post
I think he would have had a better chance of survival if he would have ran away

He would have had the second-best chance of survival if he pulled his own gun and defended himself

He had the lowest chance of survival if he tried to physically overpower and disarm 2 men who were clearly larger and stronger than he was
There were three men pursuing him. The men had a vehicle, he did not. His chances of evading his pursuers wasn't high, either. And he didn't know why they were pursuing him or who they were. He wasn't trying to disarm 2 men. I think he was trying to level the playing field by obtaining one of the weapons.

Old 05-08-2020, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
I hope the 2 killers spend the rest of their lives in prison.
I think it's likely they will even though they didn't intend to kill him as he forced their hand by attacking two men with guns

I don't know Georgia law but most southern hillbilly type States like that likely allow you to pull a gun and aim it at someone you suspect of committing a felony crime and if they attack you you can legally kill them

I think what these men did was absolutely terrible but likely legal

Had he turned/run and been shot in the back they should spend the rest of their lives in prison but the fact that he attacked them gave them the legal right to kill him even though they were largely responsible for the incidents escalation

Don't let the Rabid race-baiting social justice Warrior idiots muck up the proper application of American Justice

Idiotic emboldend morons like these two jackasses should still only be convicted if they broke the law

All they have to do is claim they parked their truck and began to look for the suspect and were surprised when he ran around the side of the truck and grabbed the shotgun while trying to punch one of them in the face

Thats a licence to kill

Last edited by Boer; 05-08-2020 at 02:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies