Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 04:50 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,521,965 times

Advertisements

I listen to his broadcasts I don’t think he makes light of c19
Are you using a cnn translator Device when you hear him speak?

Old 05-11-2020, 05:01 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,817,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So, Trump acts like Covid-19 is no big whoop, yet he, Pence and their close staff members are being tested daily. That's a lot of testing for a nothingburger. Shame some of his supporters don't actually read between the lines.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white...b6d34558af388b
So what is your beef? The 73 year old leader of the free world should just wing it? He's more essential than you or I that's for damn sure. Stupid premise for a thread.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,575,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
So what is your beef? The 73 year old leader of the free world should just wing it? He's more essential than you or I that's for damn sure. Stupid premise for a thread.
I wouldn't be expected to be tested at the level of the POTUS.

But don't go around telling the people that tests aren't necessary when you, your staff, and everyone that comes into contact with you are being tested daily.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I wouldn't be expected to be tested at the level of the POTUS.

But don't go around telling the people that tests aren't necessary when you, your staff, and everyone that comes into contact with you are being tested daily.
I didn't hear any of this said today. There are tests available for anyone who needs one. If your doctor says get a test then get a farking test.

Edit - Do you make all your personal decisions based on what the POTUS says? Or is this just another reason to beotch about Trump?

Old 05-11-2020, 05:22 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,845,882 times
Quote:
My beef is he acts like this virus is a mere inconvenience, so much so that many of his supporters are also acting the same. I find it comical that some come on this forum touting the anti-constitutionality of wearing face masks when the WH is demanding it now; this after Trump has REFUSED to wear one since this thing started. Must be something to this virus thing after all.

BTW, in answer to your question about winging it? That's exactly what he has done from day one. And nobody forced you to read or respond to this thread.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:24 PM

Quote:
I didn't hear any of this said today. There are tests available for anyone who needs one. If your doctor says get a test then get a farking test.

Edit - Do you make all your personal decisions based on what the POTUS says? Or is this just another reason to beotch about Trump?
No, he didn't say it today. But at the very least he has downplayed this pandemic from the start. Everybody including Trump should have been wearing masks and social distancing from the get go.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
No - they aren't.

They are only available for those WITH symptoms and, in some places, you'll be lucky to get THAT. Considering that spreaders of the disease are often non-symptomatic - doesn't do all that much good.

Stop repeating Trump's lies.

"Everyone who wants a test, can get a test".

No. They cannot.

Since you made it personal, rest assured I wouldn't make ONE decision in my life based on what the mentally unfit squatter in the WH says or doesn't say.

Won't be injecting any bleach anytime soon, that's for sure.
So you are suggesting we test 325 million people every day? Until when? If you need a test get a test.

I don't make personal decisions based on anything any politician says. Especially not medical ones.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
And there it is right there.

You think you have some self-imposed moral responsibility to vomit your dislike of the President onto others. You really feel compelled to “spread awareness”, as if people who don’t belong to the same political party as you are incapable of receiving and discerning information for themselves. You feel somehow responsible for playing “newsie” because you don’t think other people are able to figure things out on their own.

Bless your heart. So much care and kindness for others.
Yes, I like to get the facts out there. Helps people understand what's going on. If you don't like what I post, you don't have to read it.

When I see misinformation posted or in this instance, people screaming about losing their liberties because of having to wear a little face mask, then yes, I like to point out that the one they are emulating is now recognizing the seriousness of this disease and is starting to act accordingly. Maybe it will help those who spit on people when they go into businesses and are asked to put on a mask to actually do it instead of acting like an idiot. Maybe those who think their rights are being trampled by the requests to wear masks and thus feel it necessary to show up with their bazookas strapped to their backs may actually start thinking there is something to this. So yeah, facts matter. And they need to get out there. And if you cared about the facts, then you too would be posting information like this.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No, he didn't say it today. But at the very least he has downplayed this pandemic from the start. Everybody including Trump should have been wearing masks and social distancing from the get go.
Downplayed this pandemic while shutting down the economy and putting out guidelines for safety? If you thought you needed a mask then put one on your face for pete's sake.

IMO the government effs up most things no matter who sits behind that desk. People who think government can save you are deluded.

Old 05-11-2020, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Downplayed this pandemic while shutting down the economy and putting out guidelines for safety? If you thought you needed a mask then put one on your face for pete's sake.

IMO the government effs up most things no matter who sits behind that desk. People who think government can save you are deluded.
Yes, downplayed it for months before he was finally dragged, kicking and screaming, into actually doing something. He was so concerned about the economy and the inconvenience it would put on his re-election bid that he delayed doing anything way past the time he should have acted. He's still fumbling. It would have been great had we had the leadership we needed and that he had supported all his governors instead of picking fights with some and, tweeting that people should be demanding their liberty. It would have been great had he made sure each and every state had the PPE they needed. But alas, it was not to be, so here we are.

I do wear a mask, BTW. I just thought it would be helpful to some to know that Trump has mandated that his staffers now wear them so they won't feel like their liberties are being infringed upon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies