Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2020, 12:04 PM

5,938 posts, read 4,702,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Oh stop it. When Did Trump ever say it was no Big Whoop. Stop the BS already...
Uh... what planet are you hailing from? The one where Trump lost his ability to speak so therefore he says nothing?

Just a small sample:
Jan 22: Are you worried about this pandemic? "We have it totally under control."
Feb 10: "A lot of people think [coronavirus] goes away in April with the heat"
Feb 14: "We are in very good shape"
Feb 18: "It is going to work out fine"
Feb 22: (One month later) "It is a problem that is just going to go away."
Feb 26: "Because of all we've done, the risk to American people is very low" - I think 76,000 Americans feel otherwise including the 22M unemployed
Feb 27: "Like a miracle, one day it will just disappear"
Feb 28: "Coronavirus is the Democrats' new hoax" - at a rally instead of taking action
Mar 11: "Due to the actions we took, we have fewer cases than in Europe"

I could go on, but you get the point. All of that is what you say when you think something isn't a a "Big Whoop."

How about instead of spending that time at a rally to deride Democrats, maybe work out a plan with your Coronavirus Task Force. How about calling in Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi and McConnell and say "Listen, there's a good chance we may go back to 8, 9 10% unemployment in a hurry. People will be hurting for money. Let's get ahead of the game and negotiate a bill and have it ready to go.

Trump spent a lot of time making it out as "No Big Whoop" and his supporters are fooling themselves if they believe that revisionist history. Then again, they are used to getting fooled.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:39 PM

18,741 posts, read 7,623,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
Jan 22: Are you worried about this pandemic? "We have it totally under control."
Feb 10: "A lot of people think [coronavirus] goes away in April with the heat"
Feb 14: "We are in very good shape"
Feb 18: "It is going to work out fine"
Feb 22: (One month later) "It is a problem that is just going to go away."
Feb 26: "Because of all we've done, the risk to American people is very low" - I think 76,000 Americans feel otherwise including the 22M unemployed
Feb 27: "Like a miracle, one day it will just disappear"
Feb 28: "Coronavirus is the Democrats' new hoax" - at a rally instead of taking action
Mar 11: "Due to the actions we took, we have fewer cases than in Europe"
So, President Trump has not said or implied "it's no big whoop" in the last three months, as the scale of the pandemic developed and became more clear?

Thanks for establishing that, as well as disproving your own thread's premise.

On to the next Democrat "outrage".....

Old 05-11-2020, 12:44 PM

15,854 posts, read 6,557,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
It’s an interesting study in mania, watching progressives fall over each other to be the FIRST to post every single new anti-Trump article they can rustle up on the Internet ... every single day. They are never comfortable with their own beliefs, it seems. They are manically driven to “make others aware” of the things that bother them.
I know members of the right often label it "mania" so it can pass their confirmation bias filter. It can be dismissed because it's a supposed product of mental illness, rather than legitimate concerns by fellow citizens.

Old 05-11-2020, 12:52 PM

19,229 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Its a good example of karma, he and his team have never practiced what has been preached with distancing and masks even for the sake of the public it has come home to roost, karma..

Old 05-11-2020, 12:55 PM

7,596 posts, read 4,168,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
So, Trump acts like Covid-19 is no big whoop, yet he, Pence and their close staff members are being tested daily. That's a lot of testing for a nothingburger. Shame some of his supporters don't actually read between the lines.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/white...b6d34558af388b
Yes. That is why it is important to avoid reading between the lines or trying to conclude what his is thinking based on his behavior. He can deny what ever you say and his supporters will retort, "He didn't explicitly say that."

Old 05-11-2020, 01:00 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times
When you tally up all the faults of a person who hasn't a single redeeming quality, it's astonishing the number of people in here who can still support such a man.

Old 05-11-2020, 01:08 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,821,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...so...T.D.S. has been replaced with O.M.B.S....carry on...

p.s..the 'shame game' you so love to play doesn't work anymore..
Blame game? I posted an article about what's going on the White House. Sorry if facts offend you. So Trump deflects and downplays the seriousness of this virus. Meanwhile, he and his buddies are getting daily tests. Does that not bother you?

Old 05-11-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
I’m sure we’d all be better off with a President acting as ridiculously hysterical as half the posters here do.
How is my posting an article about Trump getting tested every day because he's worried about this virus hysteria on my part? Seems more like it's hysteria on his part, since I haven't even gotten one test yet.

Old 05-11-2020, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Oh stop it. When Did Trump ever say it was no Big Whoop. Stop the BS already...
Where did I say Trump said the virus was no big whoop? He doesn't have to say it, his actions say it all. The fact that he's trying to move onto other things, stop the coronavirus briefings, going against what medical experts are saying, trying to get everything open without being extremely careful and taking the most precautionary of steps tells me he's not taking this virus as seriously as he ought to. If facts bother you, the problem isn't with the facts.

Last edited by trobesmom; 05-11-2020 at 01:29 PM..

Old 05-11-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
It’s an interesting study in mania, watching progressives fall over each other to be the FIRST to post every single new anti-Trump article they can rustle up on the Internet ... every single day. They are never comfortable with their own beliefs, it seems. They are manically driven to “make others aware” of the things that bother them.
He downplays a deadly virus, saying we may not even need a vaccine for it to go away, and yet he and his staff are tested daily. Do you guys not see the cognitive dissonance going on here? Never mind, I already know the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.