Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2020, 06:30 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
We hear the endless whining on this forum that California is a "failed state" and that there is a "mass exodus" because it has become such a "terrible" place to live. Obviously, the conservatives on this forum are taking marching orders from people in the media that have repeated the same tropes, namely on platforms such as VOA, Fox News, Breitbart, etc.

What is incredibly ironic is the fact that many of the commentators that are chief critics of California politics voluntarily choose to reside in California.

Let's name some of the conservatives/Republicans that choose to live in California. Key word choose because it's 2020 and you don't need to be in Hollywood or Silicon Valley to be an influencer anymore.

- Ben Shapiro
- Mike Rowe
- Peter Thiel
- Dave Rubin
- Dinesh D'Souza
- Ann Coulter
- Frank Luntz
- Dennis Prager
- Palmer Luckey
- Tomi Lahren
- the list goes on...

The Ayn Rand Institute is located in Irvine of all places, one of the most heavily regulated cities in the most heavily regulated state in the nation.

And if they don't live in California, they more than likely reside in New York City. Rush Limbaugh has famously lectured about the "importance of not forgetting about rural America" from comfort of his NYC penthouse.

It is interesting that the liberal elite more or less reside where their audience is. The same cannot be said for conservatives.
Wow....very interesting but it sounds oddly like you are for segregation by political views. I guess it really is ingrained into the left. Think like I do, or go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2020, 06:33 AM

30,377 posts, read 19,177,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wow....very interesting but it sounds oddly like you are for segregation by political views. I guess it really is ingrained into the left. Think like I do, or go away.
Their religion is political correctness and they have the same tolerance as The Inquisition....so yeah, they want to burn anyone that doesn't fall in line with their religion of atheism and political correctness.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:11 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
I hope flipping the seat from Dem to Repub in the recent special election is a harbinger of things to come. I think that seat was in Orange County where that Loony Leftist Congresswoman who liked to brush her secretary's hair while she was naked and had affairs with men and women on her staff.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:14 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,588,145 times
Quote:

And if they don't live in California, they more than likely reside in New York City. Rush Limbaugh has famously lectured about the "importance of not forgetting about rural America" from comfort of his NYC penthouse
Do try to keep up. Rush has lived in his house on the beach in Florida for many years. Got sick of NY taxes like most expats.

Old 05-14-2020, 03:14 AM

3,976 posts, read 1,992,378 times
Quote:
We hear the endless whining on this forum that California is a "failed state" and that there is a "mass exodus" because it has become such a "terrible" place to live. Obviously, the conservatives on this forum are taking marching orders from people in the media that have repeated the same tropes, namely on platforms such as VOA, Fox News, Breitbart, etc.

What is incredibly ironic is the fact that many of the commentators that are chief critics of California politics voluntarily choose to reside in California.

Let's name some of the conservatives/Republicans that choose to live in California. Key word choose because it's 2020 and you don't need to be in Hollywood or Silicon Valley to be an influencer anymore.

- Ben Shapiro
- Mike Rowe
- Peter Thiel
- Dave Rubin
- Dinesh D'Souza
- Ann Coulter
- Frank Luntz
- Dennis Prager
- Palmer Luckey
- Tomi Lahren
- the list goes on...

The Ayn Rand Institute is located in Irvine of all places, one of the most heavily regulated cities in the most heavily regulated state in the nation.

And if they don't live in California, they more than likely reside in New York City. Rush Limbaugh has famously lectured about the "importance of not forgetting about rural America" from comfort of his NYC penthouse.

It is interesting that the liberal elite more or less reside where their audience is. The same cannot be said for conservatives.

Mike Rowe? Lol. I guess his message of hard work, personal responsibility and perseverance doesn't sit well with many Kalifornia lefties who think one should just wait for that Gubmint check.

A couple on your list have stated they want to change Kalifornia from within. Not sure I buy it either. Nice weather and a long coastline overriding their aversion to the nanny state, high tax coercive environment.

Old 05-14-2020, 07:52 AM

900 posts, read 375,821 times
California = Status, nobody wants to live in a Texas hole, people want to live where the money is, where the media is, where things happen.

Living in California was and still is the dream of many people, for a long time California represented the American dream, people are bombarded every day with things that come from California ...

Old 05-14-2020, 09:42 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,635,416 times
CA is a beautiful place. There are many places there I'd love to live. Where I have lived at one point or another. The people on the OPs list can afford to live there.

Their politics differing from the governing body notwithstanding. If financial status were no object I wouldnt mind settling in one of a lot of places in CA, my own political leanings aside.

So I fail to understand the OPs take that these people he lists living there is damning in some manner.

Old 05-14-2020, 09:45 AM

14,489 posts, read 12,128,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Believe it or not, but personal politics is not the sole determining factor in people's decision of where to live.

And some of them actually enjoy the challenge of swimming up stream.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies