Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2020, 09:57 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
He needs to not be petty in this case and just do it, if it's a tradition. What votes does he think he is getting by acting like this? Redneck southerners?
That's just it. Like many of the hateful and spiteful things Trump does, it is simply to be petty and cruel.

Not meeting with Obama doesn't gain him anything politically, it won't move the needle much in any way. The far-right nutters are going to vote for him regardless, so not holding the portrait ceremony for the first time since the 1970s isn't going to gain Trump any additional votes.

Trump hates Obama and is jealous of him, so Trump will do ANYTHING he can do take a shot at Obama, even if it means breaking a 42-year tradition. Because Trump is that small and insecure of a man.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:05 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
That's just it. Like many of the hateful and spiteful things Trump does, it is simply to be petty and cruel.

Not meeting with Obama doesn't gain him anything politically, it won't move the needle much in any way. The far-right nutters are going to vote for him regardless, so not holding the portrait ceremony for the first time since the 1970s isn't going to gain Trump any additional votes.

Trump hates Obama and is jealous of him, so Trump will do ANYTHING he can do take a shot at Obama, even if it means breaking a 42-year tradition. Because Trump is that small and insecure of a man.
Trump seems determined to alienate what few supporters he has among African-Americans. Not smart politics.

Old 05-21-2020, 10:15 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
SAY......wasn't the guy before the one who sent back the bust of Winston Churchill to its giving country......causing speculation of "WHAT WAS HE THINKING?".

I don't want a boy scout for president, I don't want someone who is popular like the class favorite, I want someone who will protect US interests......POPULARITY BE DAMNED!
Nailed it. Especially now we need a sumbitch, not a cream puff. Sure, the world just LOVED Obama. He showered rainbows and unicorns where so ever he went.

And the country got used for a doormat to wipe his feet on when he entered foriegn halls of power. As far as stuff like the portrait unveiling hes just playing the same game back on the Dems they're playing with him.

Like Pelosi ripping up the SOTU, all the general nastiness and disrespect. Why should he accord respect hes not been given and will never get from those clowns?

I have no issue with our president being a sumbitch. I was leery of him going in. But I've gotten behind him, and not because hes a nice guy.

And I'm fed up to the gills with this addiction the left has to labeling anything and everything they disagree with as racism, xenophobia, whatever. Not pandering to the world and to agenda driven domestic groups determined to glom onto power is NOT hatred, racism or xenophobia.

Being fed up with throwing rose petals on a hog pen and calling it like it is isnt hatred. Real hatred is a whole lot uglier and if certain folks see what Trump is doing and saying as hatred they need to ruck up.

Old 05-21-2020, 12:34 PM

10,464 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yep! Obama was in on the Russia hoax in an attempt to oust the duly elected president who succeeded him. First time for everything, I suppose.
Yep. And after Trump wins his second term, by the time his reign is up, he would undid all of Obama's actions and make it like he never even existed.

Old 05-21-2020, 02:43 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Mr Obama has unfinished business to discuss with the house investigative committee we can put up painting after

Old 05-21-2020, 03:43 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Trump is such a small, small man who will forever be obsessed with his hatred for Obama. That's what happens when you follow after a man who was incredibly popular with Americans and the world. He can't accept that, so he has to act out like the three year old that he is.
No fan of Trump but to say that Obama was "incredibly popular" is quite the stretch! I guess he was......with liberals! His approval rate at this time of his first term was only slightly better than Trump!

Old 05-21-2020, 05:34 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
No fan of Trump but to say that Obama was "incredibly popular" is quite the stretch! I guess he was......with liberals! His approval rate at this time of his first term was only slightly better than Trump!
You're right, lol. He was certainly incredibly popular with me and lots of people I know.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:58 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,143,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trump is refusing to unveil Obama's portrait at the White House, breaking a 40-year tradition.

President Donald Trump won't be unveiling former President Barack Obama's portrait at the White House, breaking a 40-year tradition, NBC News reported on Tuesday. Obama would also not be interested in attending such an event, according to the report, which cited people familiar with the matter. The White House and a representative for Obama did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Insider.

For decades, first-term presidents have held ceremonies in the East Room to unveil the portraits of their immediate predecessors. Obama did so for former President George W. Bush in 2012, for example.
Every time you think Trump has reached the heights of grudge-holding and pettiness, he continues to amaze.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:46 PM

764 posts, read 392,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Trump is refusing to unveil Obama's portrait at the White House, breaking a 40-year tradition.

President Donald Trump won't be unveiling former President Barack Obama's portrait at the White House, breaking a 40-year tradition, NBC News reported on Tuesday.

Obama would also not be interested in attending such an event, according to the report, which cited people familiar with the matter.

The White House and a representative for Obama did not immediately respond to requests for comment from Insider.

For decades, first-term presidents have held ceremonies in the East Room to unveil the portraits of their immediate predecessors. Obama did so for former President George W. Bush in 2012, for example.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...e-house-2020-5
GOOD He knows the evil Obama did to our country and mr Obama continues to criticize him. what a scumbucket. Throw his portrait out!

Old 05-21-2020, 08:28 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
As leery as I was of Trump in 2016 he has won me over in ways that matter. He is the first president since I started voting that has actually tried very hard and succeeded in some aspects to actually keep campaign promises.

The only other one to do that I bring to mind was TR. The big ones he has not succeeded with are due to Dem stonewalling and obstruction.

One big campaign promise Obama overtly reneged on was overturning the Patriot Act. That alone had me considering voting for him. But that was outweighed by to much other stuff and he actually expanded it after being elected.

Being the consummate politician he wasnt going to turn any power loose. Well, he did turn it loose on the people and his opponents. Obama was NOT a respected president overseas or across borders at all.

Trump is not the public orator Obama was. His vocabulary is not impressive, and I do think he is a crass locker room boor at times. He has a record as a womanizer and hes certainly not a diplomat.

But, honeyed words, a soft demeanor and a general nice guy is not what is needed. And I dont care a fart in a high wind how many beds heas hopped or crude jokes hes made.

Hes the first prez in a long time to actually put NK on notice. He's hardly sucking up to Kim. He stood up to the Chinese, and put Europe on notice that the US is done cove6their shortfalls with NATO. Bout time we did that

Laughing stock? Oh sure, Europe is miffed with him. So? So are the Chinese. So? If ticking off Europe is sucking up to Putin then I guess he is.

We've been carrying Europe for far to long.
I've known you for a long time and have always respected (and generally agreed with) your opinions. But when it comes to Trump we'll have to agree to disagree. No hard feelings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies