Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should face masks be mandatory?
Yes, when you are out in public. 25 17.12%
Yes, but only in indoor settings. 26 17.81%
No, my body, my choice 95 65.07%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 05:02 PM

17,587 posts, read 13,362,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Oh the vaccine is going to be mandatory here in NJ for sure. I don’t like the idea but it’s coming. I suspect they’ll force it on you like other vaccines. They’ll say, “We aren’t forcing anyone to get it but you need to have it to go to school, go to a public park, go to a public building, file a tax return, get a driver’s license, or use a public restroom.”
That will be wonderful when it happens!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2020, 05:03 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Thank you from those of us who will.
And thank YOU for staying out of the businesses who don't.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:13 PM

14,950 posts, read 12,153,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
So a manufactured/overblown "crisis" that is engineered to look, walk, and quack like a real crisis couldn't be equally exploited?
Exactly. Manufacture the crisis for the express purpose of exploitation.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:17 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Not wearing a mask in a supermarket is a sign of weakness.
It says you are bowing to peer pressure.
The anti-maskers are the real sheep now -- afraid to make their own choice in the matter, worried that their right-leaning friends might disapprove.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:22 PM

3,560 posts, read 1,654,871 times
Seriously there are better fights to pick than not wanting to wear a mask. Expecting me to vote in a crowded precinct polling place or making me drive miles and miles since nobody wants to volunteer as poll worker. Thats inconvenient cause of some FAKE claim people will fraudulently vote otherwise.

HOwever I will say if stores want customers to wear a mask they should furnish a fresh disposable one at the entrance to the store. I have yet to see any local store actually sell masks unless they hide them on some back shelf that I havent seen. You can buy an expensive pig in poke cloth mask online. Seriously, $10 or $20 for a mask??? Guess I could wear pair mens briefs over my head... But since I only go to town for groceries, I dont wear one. Nobody asks me to in this state though some do wear them. Cant remember now but think in this state there have been like 6000 tested positive cases. Somewhere between 100 to 200 deaths. No doubt that will rise as more idiots are wanting pool parties unmasked and without any social distance. All you feeling your rights are being violated, all I can suggest, BIG GROUP HUG. Get your attempt at suicide over with.

I guess if stores or govt insisted, then I would buy a stapler and some rubber bands and make a mask out of fan folded paper towel to meet the appearance mandate. Saw some youtube where they did that. Do I think typical mask does all that much, no, its more a feel good thing, convince people that they can do something for the "war effort" sort of stuff. They did similar gimmicky stuff in the two world wars and even W wanted people to go out buy stuff after 9-11. I have no objection if they insist, not going be that much of an inconvenience. Even doctors and hospitals still having problem getting enough of the real masks. Still suspect they need one of those properly sealed "ebola" hazmat suits to truly be protected.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:25 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelassie View Post
And thank YOU for staying out of the businesses who don't.
Like I said, I only go get groceries so not really in any other businesses. Not sure why my wearing a mask would bother you, but you're welcome.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:30 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJ99 View Post
its more a feel good thing, convince people that they can do something for the "war effort" sort of stuff. They did similar gimmicky stuff in the two world wars

The difference is back in WWII through about 1968, Americans had a positive "can do" attitude. Many of the anti-mask Trump supporters are the opposite, they are negative and have a "you can't make me" attitude. Hate to say it but they are not good citizens, really.

Old 05-26-2020, 05:47 PM

1,254 posts, read 1,059,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
You are being inconsiderate. How the Hell would you feel if one of us with co-morbidities catches the virus from you (Maybe even someone in your own family!!)

Wear a damn mask when out in public. It's not for your protection, it is to protect others

I already said I would wear one if it was confirmed that I had the disease. A bunch of doctors have come out and said there is no reason for healthy people to wear a mask, even that it is counterproductive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
That will be wonderful when it happens!

No it won't and it will be resisted! I have had to switch from multiple MD's because they kept pushing vaccines and drugs on me. I finally got a DO now that is much better. At least I have a choice. I cannot risk the side effects from vaccines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Not wearing a mask in a supermarket is a sign of weakness.
It says you are bowing to peer pressure.
The anti-maskers are the real sheep now -- afraid to make their own choice in the matter, worried that their right-leaning friends might disapprove.

I am doing the same thing I always have done in my 43 years. The people wearing who are wearing a mask are bowing down to peer pressure. My choice is not to wear a mask, like it has always been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
The difference is back in WWII through about 1968, Americans had a positive "can do" attitude. Many of the anti-mask Trump supporters are the opposite, they are negative and have a "you can't make me" attitude. Hate to say it but they are not good citizens, really.

I voted for Obama in 2008 and 2012, and then supported Bernie in both 2016 and 2020. This is not about being a Trump supporter as I cannot stand him. This is about freedom from having a dog muzzle being forced on my face. I have posted before that first it will be the mask, then the vaccine, and then finally the chip. It is incrementalism, so the mask needs to be resisted.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:18 PM

2,264 posts, read 972,524 times
Meanwhile thousands of Americans are having ventilator masks put on their faces to keep them alive because asymptomatic clowns are transmitting the coronavirus because they refuse to wear cloth face masks.

So it goes.

Old 05-26-2020, 06:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
So masks should not be mandatory. But the fact that so many Americans are so against any kind of social responsibility is indicative of American ideology and why what Sweden did would never work here.

I ran errands today -- at the pet store, at a clothing store and at the grocery setore.

Pet store -- nobody wore a mask...but honestly I don't think I got within 10 ft. of anybody ---- at the register there was a plexiglass between me and the masked cashier. I sanitized my hand before and after pushing the button on the credit card machine.

At the clothing store -- mask were worn by staff but 95 per cent of customers didn't. I had mine on but did shift it when I wasn't near anybody. I don't think I have COVID but what if I did......

Grocery store -- more people wearing masks....but lots of folks not bothering.

For the most part people are staying away from each other. Washing hands will be the biggest factor.

No sniffles, coughs or sneezing anywhere. So funny because we can all agree that normally people freely cough, sneeze, sniff as they go about their day to day. Maybe this will stop that nasty habit for a bit....lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies