Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 08:27 AM

989 posts, read 456,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Especially that 2nd term. Once he was reelected almost nothing was accomplished for those 4 years.

Except plotting to overthrow the next election.
Still, Trump has somehow managed to surpass him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Trump hardly sleeps. If you add up all the hours he is up and working versus the hours Obama worked, Trump blows by Obama.
Not working though. Just watching news shows about himself and tweeting. See how I did that. If you can make up BS, I can make up BS. Did you actually add up HOURS one president worked over another? How would you even get access to that info. Honestly, the stuff you people pull out of your backsides.

Old 05-24-2020, 08:39 AM

1,858 posts, read 798,204 times
Wonder if hes even good. I dont even play golf and I feel I would do better. I could totally seeing trump though going full Kim Jong-il and just lowering his score to beat me if I did better. Thats how he is, isnt he

Old 05-24-2020, 08:54 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times
anyone that is whining about Trump golfing now that didn't whine about Obama golfing during Ebola or Harvey has a hypocritical position.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:29 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
anyone that is whining about Trump golfing now that didn't whine about Obama golfing during Ebola or Harvey has a hypocritical position.
Actually, anyone that attacked Obama for golfing (Trump and his supporters) that defends Trump now is being hypocritical, especially since Trump golfs so much more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SItU_PMMeA

Old 05-24-2020, 09:34 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
anybody got links to these "OMG Obama is playing golf" threads mentioned?

I want to see if I was a hypocrite or not. kthx.

the Sept 2016 criticism - valid. Prior to announcing his candidacy? Not so much.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
anybody got links to these "OMG Obama is playing golf" threads mentioned?

I want to see if I was a hypocrite or not. kthx.

the Sept 2016 criticism - valid. Prior to announcing his candidacy? Not so much.
Use an advanced search. You can do the work yourself.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Trump hardly sleeps. If you add up all the hours he is up and working versus the hours Obama worked, Trump blows by Obama.
LOL. He hardly sleeps because he's up all night tweeting insults at movie stars and news channels.

Good grief.

His own staff admits to this.

I do agree that compared to Obama, Trump blows.

Old 05-24-2020, 09:46 AM

1,417 posts, read 735,151 times
Good for him; he is showing leadership. It is time to build herd immunity. There are no guarantees in life, death is part of the cycle of life. This whole thing is ridiculous, some people will die, but those who die likley have already lived their life or have an underlying health issue that already diminished their quality of life or genetics that likely should be removed from the gene pool. We will be a stronger nation after a cleansing. If I am taken, so be it. Go out golf, french kiss a stranger, whatever. It is time to spike the number of cases, weed out the weak, and strengthen the herd.

This whole thing has been political football. A shame we shred the greatest economy in this nation's history over the Fauci fairy tales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
I believe Darwin referred to it as Survival of the Fittest.......

Hope you and yours fall above the line...
Simple reality "we" already reproduced and placed 4 healthy, well adjusted young adults into society. (ages 19-25), all four have graduated from college and are well compensated professionals doing relatively meaningful work. I am in my mid 50s and though I do fairly important work yet, the truth is, I am very expendable. I have served my purpose to society and culture, my life now is of little consequence. Although I employ many people, the truth is those businesses will continue to employ people even after my death. And while I am healthy now, at some point the odds are I will shift from being neutral or a net positive to a detriment to society as I age. So once again there is no loss in my departure, premature or not. People really need to get over their importance. When you die almost everything that mattered to you is no longer of importance to anyone, all the nuances that make you, you are gone. The chemicals that make up your body are released to be recycled into some other form, but you are gone and few of us mattered at all, and few have led a life worth preserving, myself included.

This virus takes out the weak, the old, the decrepit with minimal risk to the healthy. Building herd immunity is the key and this asinine lockdown is preventing that. Coronavrius is a catch all for a family of related virus, none of which mankind has never developed a vaccine for despite great efforts (SARs, MERs) so while we may one day get a vaccine we should also be executing contingent paths, one of which is herd immunity.

Last edited by GhostOfAndrewJackson; 05-24-2020 at 10:46 AM..

Old 05-24-2020, 09:51 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Eh.

His golfing isn’t making the situation any worse, and it’s not as if there is anything he could actively be doing today, right now, instead of golfing, that would make it any better.

At least if he’s golfing he’s not tweeting.

Trump is celebrating Memorial Day week end by golfing. Why should it be any different than the coasting that he's been doing for the last 3.5 years.

God forbid he should spend time trying to understand what his advisors are telling him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies