Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 05:33 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
Well, that was a huge deflection without answering my question.

I take you answer to mean that you were NOT okay with Obama's golfing. But you are okay with Trump's. And you are absolutely fine that Trump criticized Obama's golfing. And you are pissed that anyone dare criticize Trump's golfing. Got it.
Trump owns the golf course. He works 18-hours a day without pay. Obama owns "the police acted stupidly" and smokes Parliaments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 05:34 AM

59,106 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
It's one of the few fair points that the Trump haters actually have. Trump has played a lot of golf, more than Obama played, after criticizing him for it.
" Trump has played a lot of golf," Actually we do NOT know how much he has ACTUALLY PLAYED.

How many hole HAS he played? NOT how many times has he "gone to play golf"

List ALL the people he has taken with him.

He OWNS the course and COULD just want to talk privately with his "guest" and mix in a few holes to relax his guest.

How many pictures have we seen of him playing golf?

My guess is the Secret Device DENY many of the press from even entering the golf course when Trump is there.

Remember, many on the left claim he is "on vacation" when he goes home for the weekend.

With stupid TDS driven claims like that, why should be believe ANYTHING they say?

We see a LOT of claims and not much to back them up.

"For this president,(obama) its role (Camp David) has receded. When he wants to woo or entertain foreign leaders such as Chinese President Xi Jinping or Jordan’s King Abdullah II, Obama has opted for California’s Sunnylands retreat, which offers plenty of sunshine and an 18-hole golf course. When he’s looking to relax on his own, the woods are rarely his first choice.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...506_story.html

"President Obama has visited the California desert three times in the past year (6 months) and has done what so many people do when they visit: played a lot of golf."
And NEVER a compliant for the left and media but I repeat myself.

"Obama's trip is occurring under the specter of increased violence in Iraq, and the president has been criticized by Republicans for taking a long weekend while the country descends into further violence. On Sunday, al-Qaeda-inspired militants posted photos on Twitter that purported to show them executing dozens of people, and the Associated Press reported that a string of explosions rocked Baghdad, killing at least 1"

Again, where was the left media complaining about "people dying while obama plays golf".

How much did ALL THOSE TRIPS TO CA. COST?

Last edited by Quick Enough; 05-25-2020 at 05:49 AM..

Old 05-25-2020, 05:39 AM

989 posts, read 456,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Trump owns the golf course. He works 18-hours a day without pay. Obama owns "the police acted stupidly" and smokes Parliaments.
Wow you've really made your case with that zinger. Good for you.

Old 05-25-2020, 05:40 AM

989 posts, read 456,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Orange man bad. The end.
Sucks after 8 years of Black Man Bad doesn't it.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
I can appreciate the humor that someone that feels Trump screws up everything is complaining that he's golfing and not more involved.
They whined and complained that Trump did NOT talk enough about the virus so he started having a DAILY briefing with the virus task force with the media covered and were allowed to ask question .

Then some of the left media STOPPED airing them.

If he stumps his toe, it would be all all over the left media, "Trump is so clumsy, he can't even walk!"

Old 05-25-2020, 06:10 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Don't recall that verbiage, but there is a significant difference. Obama had a complicit media that covered for him even as his administration conspired to prevent his successor from taking office.

Old 05-25-2020, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
When dems change their minds they are "evolving"

When repubs change they minds they are "flip flopping" and "lying".

Obama "promised" (lied) a LOT of things and I DON'T recall all the complaints from his supporters. WHY?
Quote:
Well, that was a huge deflection without answering my question.

I take you answer to mean that you were NOT okay with Obama's golfing. But you are okay with Trump's. And you are absolutely fine that Trump criticized Obama's golfing. And you are pissed that anyone dare criticize Trump's golfing. Got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner
I wonder how you felt when Obama golfed.

"I wonder how you felt when Obama golfed"

Have no problem with it.

Not my problem you have a reading comprehension problem!

Old 05-25-2020, 07:04 AM

78,433 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Im happy with him playing golf everyday, and off Twitter. Let the expert medical people handle it. That wont happen.
His flapping his gums so to speak on platforms like Twitter is inevitable. As long as he's making noise but letting wiser for knowledgeable people do their thing that's pretty much the best we can hope for.

Still think it's funny, I mean seriously the OP is basically complaining that Trump isn't more involved.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:04 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
And believe me - this forum was chock full of conservatives whining for 8 years.

Naturally, they don't like it when the shoe is on the other foot.

Old 05-25-2020, 08:35 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
Just like Nero fiddled while Rome burned. He might as well go golfing, he isn't doing anything productive during this crisis. Much better if he stays out of the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies