Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2020, 11:15 AM

589 posts, read 301,696 times

Advertisements

Only vaccine I've received was MMR, when I had to get it for entering public school as a small child. So, at that time, I had no personal choice and wasn't able to make a decision on my own. That will be the only and last time I get anything government requires me to get. No vaccine for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2020, 11:16 AM

15,772 posts, read 9,609,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelinnen View Post
My body my choice..NO
So you're pro-choice? Cool

Old 05-25-2020, 11:18 AM

19,106 posts, read 12,823,436 times
Everyone has the right to their own personal health decisions, even if it's reckless. But those rights end when it affects other people's rights. So if a proven vaccine is available and a person refuses to inoculate, then public gathering places such as schools, stores, offices should have every right to deny entry on the basis of a menace to public health and safety

Old 05-25-2020, 11:45 AM

37,293 posts, read 41,544,323 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
How effective are they? 100%? 50%? 30%? At 30% effectiveness whats the point.
Would you want a device on your car that would reduce the risk of serious injury or death in a crash by 30%? Do you use seat belts? They do not 100% guarantee that you will not be seriously injured or die.

Quote:
Means nothing. I am not so-called “anti-vax” as you are more than welcome to go ahead and get one. I want a 100% guaranteed antidote, not to be confused with a vaccine. A 100% cure. Nothing more. Nothing Less.
There is no "antidote" that is 100% guaranteed for any disease and there never will be.

Quote:
You mean there are no formulations that may require tweaking or fine tuning – they never alter the vaccine once they release it? How are you so knowledgeable in all this? Any citable evidence?
The tweaking and fine tuning is done before the vaccine is approved.

Serious adverse reactions may not show up until after millions of doses of a vaccine have been administered. That rarely happens but may result in a vaccine being replaced with an improved version.

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/parents...d-vaccine.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Everything I've read that the experts have written says that they think a vaccine will be years away and most likely won't be of any use. I had a tetanus shot and a pneumonia vaccine after a car accident several years back but that was it. TDAP a few years before that. I did try to get a shingles vaccine at my Dr's suggestion but they didn't have it. Now I'll probably just not get one.
I'll NEVER get a vaccine if Bill Gates or any Rockefeller is in any way tied to it.
Which "experts"? If the "experts" did not think a vaccine is possible they would not be working on them.

You would reject a safe, effective vaccine just because someone named Gates or Rockefeller supported its development and use? That sounds silly to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylo View Post
What makes you think it will take millions to die before it peters out?
It is well on its way. If all mitigation efforts are stopped it will come back. Millions are not out of the question.

Old 05-25-2020, 11:46 AM

2,339 posts, read 2,081,011 times
Depends on where you live ad how stupid your politicians are I guess. Here we have a premier who changes his message every week, depending on how bad things get. And the stupid people--the "covidiots"--are getting emboldend by it. I avoid these people and I suggest everyone else does too. And now the infection rate is going the wrong way after weeks of steady decline.

But yeah, when it comes out I'm getting it and I'm sure the government will try to make life very difficult for those idiots who refuse, as they should.

Old 05-25-2020, 01:24 PM

21,933 posts, read 28,366,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It is well on its way. If all mitigation efforts are stopped it will come back. Millions are not out of the question.
There's no scientific basis for that.

Old 05-25-2020, 01:33 PM

19,772 posts, read 10,219,206 times
This will be an RNA vaccine, the kind with virus in it. I will pass.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:39 PM

15,905 posts, read 21,539,101 times
If I could get on the Oxford trial today, I'd drive for hours to get it.

Yes, I will be first in line to get the vaccine.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:48 PM

9,610 posts, read 4,421,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
Personally absolutely “NOT”! Am I being selfish or exercising my constitutional rights!

You're not exercising your rights, but you are being selfish. Where do some of you get these outlandish ideas regarding your rights?

I will absolutely get vaccinated.

Old 05-25-2020, 02:50 PM

19,772 posts, read 10,219,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
You're not exercising your rights, but you are being selfish. Where do some of you get these outlandish ideas regarding your rights?

I will absolutely get vaccinated.
You will be a guinea pig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies