Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2020, 09:37 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,529,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
the murder should be what makes you angry. you all want riots to stop, STOP SUPPORTING THE POLICE KILLING AND BRUTALIZING PEOPLE. THE LOOTING IS A REACTION, BE MAD ABOUT THE ACTION.
The protesting is a reaction. The looting is simply opportunistic criminality.

One can abhor the police actions and condemn the looters, like the family of the deceased have reportedly done. They aren't mutually exclusive.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:38 PM

28,954 posts, read 30,307,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
I hope this will be an exception to the rule, but the rule in the US is, bad cops can pretty much assault and kill people at will, and no matter how egregious the violence is, and no matter how flimsy the excuse is, criminal charges are very rare, and convictions are almost unheard of. In other words, there is little to no accountability for bad cops, and they know that too.
I heard on the news tonight they were fired and charges were being brought up against them?

as I said before, they need to pay for this crime....

Here is the problem, due to all the police brutality, and b/c cops get paid so little, no one wants the job any longer, (it's like screw that, I'm not putting my life on the line to get shot at by some crazy cop hater) so in order to attract people to apply, they have lowered the testing standards, which in the future, will attract more bad cops I fear....

Old 05-27-2020, 09:39 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,400,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
You are comparing peaceful protestors who happened to be armed because it's their right under 2nd amendment to looters?
No. I’m comparing them to quietly kneeling athletes.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:42 PM

12,520 posts, read 9,606,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I heard on the news tonight they were fired and charges were being brought up against them?
Yes, this incident had multiple witnesses plus video evidence plus there's been a large backlash that to some extent has been across the country. This isn't typical.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:44 PM

28,954 posts, read 30,307,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Can you blame them? They are tired of being murdered by the police.
most of the time the looters are kids and thugs just looking for an excuse to loot....

sorry but 2 wrongs do not make a right.....

they need to call in the national guard, b/c I fear it's going to get worse....

Old 05-27-2020, 09:48 PM

29,839 posts, read 24,942,627 times
Soooo, is this is why we can't have nice things...?

Old 05-27-2020, 09:48 PM

12,520 posts, read 9,606,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

as I said before, they need to pay for this crime....

Here is the problem, due to all the police brutality, and b/c cops get paid so little, no one wants the job any longer, (it's like screw that, I'm not putting my life on the line to get shot at by some crazy cop hater) so in order to attract people to apply, they have lowered the testing standards, which in the future, will attract more bad cops I fear....
All cops aren't like this. They need to hold bad cops accountable - they can't be above the law or they can be more dangerous with the uniform and the system protecting them than the thug on the street. There's nothing on the books that says cops are above the law. It's just a failure of our justice system in practice to enforce the laws when it comes to police. No wonder some of them become arrogant and abusive, or worse - there are no consequences. It's basically a corrupt system that chooses to look the other way when cops commit crimes.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:51 PM

14,235 posts, read 4,605,890 times
We have a lot of mentally ill people in America, including some posters on C-D.

Those mentally ill people threatened to do harm to the cop’s families (wife, children, parents, dogs) even though those mental people have never heard of George Floyd until a few days ago.

So you are going to do harm to an innocent child because child’s father, a cop, killed another person that you don’t know?

Old 05-27-2020, 09:52 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,607,257 times
Keep this up and they will need to reinstate those four cops for riot control.

Old 05-27-2020, 09:55 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,607,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
Nothing says "justice for George Floyd" like setting an autozone on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biL1ebTCySE
That will teach autozone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies