Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2020, 02:03 PM

8,955 posts, read 2,554,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
Of course it's BS. The man was murdered in plain sight. His airway was compromised, his heart could not get enough oxygen...and the ME slurs the victim. How do you know it's murder. He would not have died without the knee to the airway. It's impossible to state how angry this makes people.

Welcome to Minef'nsotta.
I don't think that's actually what happened, his airway was not compromised, the blood supply to his brain was. Had his airway been compromised, he couldn't have been able to speak.....but if you cut off the air supply to the brain for long enough, I'll kill you just the same.

There's no way this wasn't murder

Old 05-29-2020, 02:03 PM

5,208 posts, read 4,667,902 times
Not to make light of this situation but if these cops go free, I think a potential defense for future murders should be, being shot or stabbed triggered his underlying conditions.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:10 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,093,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I don't think that's actually what happened, his airway was not compromised, the blood supply to his brain was. Had his airway been compromised, he couldn't have been able to speak.....but if you cut off the air supply to the brain for long enough, I'll kill you just the same.

six of one half dozen of the other....that ME is going to be the laughing stock on tonights news and not a funny one...How corrupt.

....He WILL have to find a hotel....if one exists in town.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adhom View Post
Not to make light of this situation but if these cops go free, I think a potential defense for future murders should be, being shot or stabbed triggered his underlying conditions.
That is actually going to be his lawyers defense. This guy is never going to see a courtroom. His crime was so sinister that he is going to get his due long before he sees the jury....

Old 05-29-2020, 02:18 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Member1 View Post
The autopsy hasn't been completed, but the medical examiner has just released its initial findings:
https://twitter.com/kscullinfox9/sta...53234970918922

Well there you have it that is why he wasn't charged with 2nd degree murder. Any competent attorney could win that case with those findings. 3rd degree is appropriate and hopefully is convicted on.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Well there you have it that is why he wasn't charged with 2nd degree murder. Any competent attorney could win that case with those findings. 3rd degree is appropriate and hopefully is convicted on.
The ME findings will be disputed by eminent pathologists and on tonights news.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:30 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,203,209 times
Quote:
That is actually going to be his lawyers defense. This guy is never going to see a courtroom. His crime was so sinister that he is going to get his due long before he sees the jury....
Quote:
It’s likely not going to be a valid defense. It’s called the eggshell skull rule, a legal principal that applies in criminal and tort law. Essentially, you take the victim as you find them, and their frailty is not your defense.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eggshell_skull

Old 05-29-2020, 02:31 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,352,206 times
Quote:
The ME findings will be disputed by eminent pathologists and on tonights news.

Won't matter. His findings are what will be used in court. In every trial like this there are always 'experts' who will testify otherwise but in the end it rarely matters because they weren't the one doing the actual autopsy.

A charge of 2nd degree manslaughter with those autopsy results leaves the door wide open for an acquittal.

A charge of 3rd degree manslaughter with those autopsy results leaves a far greater chance of conviction and justice.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:31 PM

1,710 posts, read 1,462,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post

Im guessing he gets manslaughter. He can fight he was following police procedures to the best of his ability.

I bet he makes a plea for manslaughter gets like 5-15 out in 3.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:34 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,792,298 times
Quote:
Should have just been manslaughter NO WAY they can prove murder. The knee technique the officers were using is standard police procedure to restrain someone resisting arrest/high on drugs(pcp?). The mistake the officer made was not letting up when the perp went silent but it’s difficult to tell how much pressure he was applying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies