Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2020, 10:04 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,105,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
First, let me state that my entire immediate family caught it and recovered over 6 weeks ago. Tests confirmed. Next, I will honor private property and I wore one inside a gas station but that is it. The hysteria brought on by the media is getting ridiculous. I went to take out the trash and this woman literally ran through my wife's flowers trying to "avoid" me and my trash can. I've seen people dash into the street to avoid someone walking their way. I've heard of near fights in stores simply based on who is doing what related to it.

Sorry, I'm not wearing a C02 re-breather if I don't have to. I'm a long ways from having to go into any store. I avoided the hysteria over TP, hand sanitizer and now meat. Pure madness.
I agree...

However, the madness wouldn't be any different whether or not mask or no mask is worn/recommended.

A lot of fights in stores are people who are refusing to respect private property and private business owners.

Reminds me of parenting and children

Parents encourage our young children to avoid strangers for their safety.

Well... not all strangers are dangerous.... in fact MOST are friendly.

Do you think think parents are being hysterical and mad since statistically most strangers bare no illwill against children? Sometimes simplified messaging is what is needed to encourage the wider populace, which in many ways acts like children. That messaging can be taken many different ways. No different with simplifying discussion with children. You'd rather them just err on the side of caution and assume the worst in strangers...

Sometimes, the "hysteria" isn't from media but an individual's internalized interpretation of the news. I don't recall anyone in media or news channels saying that there is impending shortage in TP... but yet there was a run on stores for TP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies