Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 10:01 AM

25,743 posts, read 12,824,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Is he working at all? Looks like he has checked out during the most civil unrest I have seen in my life.
You must learn the responsibilities of the Federal Government. These local inner city riots are NOT the jurisdiction of the Federal Government.

The Federal Government is responsible for National Defense, the currency, taxing, treaties, transportation, the judicial system, things like that...NOT local law enforcement.

The Feds are required by the Constitution to stay out of matters like this unless Congress authorizes the Feds to act. Pelosi and Shumer would need to come to Trump to ask for help. They'd both rather let every inner city in America burn to the ground, before asking Trump for help.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:03 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,176,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
In a key moment to try and unite the country....

In a key moment to try and gain black voters for November....

Is Trump talking about new national police training and healing? Is Trump proposing new laws governing the conduct of police for states to pass or perhaps a national standard that states must accept based on getting funding? Is Trump calling on key figures to have a round table discussion?

Trump is busy tweeting in ways that make it worse.
Why does it has anything to do with Trump?

As far as this go, this is all local. Police is all local. Who appoints the police commissioner? Who write the police paycheck?

Old 06-01-2020, 10:06 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Trump isn't a great leader, but unfortunately Democrats went completely to the left and are now encouraging civil insurrection and violence. I could never vote for a Democrat at this time. So I will vote for Trump.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:12 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
In a key moment to try and unite the country....

In a key moment to try and gain black voters for November....

Is Trump talking about new national police training and healing? Is Trump proposing new laws governing the conduct of police for states to pass or perhaps a national standard that states must accept based on getting funding? Is Trump calling on key figures to have a round table discussion?

Trump is busy tweeting in ways that make it worse.

Trump never been great, impossible it never happen! Instead we have useless unstable moron pissing himself in basement with the lights out, but he been there for a long time! ......
Attached Thumbnails
Trump is Failing in a Key Moment-screenshot_2020-06-01-trump-coward.png  

Old 06-01-2020, 10:18 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Who would you say is a good example of a "statesman"?
I would say Reagan, FDR, Bush 2 for a while after 9/11. Obama was clearly the POTUS for only the democrats and Trump is the POTUS only for Republicans. Perhaps we are in a world where statesmen no longer exist here.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:22 AM

57,301 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Why does it has anything to do with Trump?

As far as this go, this is all local. Police is all local. Who appoints the police commissioner? Who write the police paycheck?
There are riots in over 10 cities across the country, certainly not his problem specifically but is he the president of the nation or not. Pretty poor leadership to threaten gun violence as a reaction and criticize the response in the individual cities and claim he is sending in the military.

If it has nothing to do with Trump he should just shut up, because right now he is only making a very bad situation worse inciting and criticizing.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:26 AM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Trump isn't a great leader, but unfortunately Democrats went completely to the left and are now encouraging civil insurrection and violence. I could never vote for a Democrat at this time. So I will vote for Trump.
It is just so obvious these are the same people that were protesting after he was elected and were part of the "resist" movement.

Just a few more months until I once again get the opportunity to speak (via voting) whereupon these same people will claim that I didn't know what I was doing and the Russians (lets me original this time and claim aliens) interfered.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:30 AM

3,158 posts, read 4,591,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are riots in over 10 cities across the country, certainly not his problem specifically but is he the president of the nation or not. Pretty poor leadership to threaten gun violence as a reaction and criticize the response in the individual cities and claim he is sending in the military.

If it has nothing to do with Trump he should just shut up, because right now he is only making a very bad situation worse inciting and criticizing.

Trump has never learned Respect is earned, and never given over freely, no matter the heading or title before ones name... "Trump has not earned the privilege or right of the title President!"

Old 06-01-2020, 10:37 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I think that is a pretty broad brush you're painting with there. Which Dems are encouraging civil insurrection and violence? Links please.

Old 06-01-2020, 10:38 AM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
It is just so obvious these are the same people that were protesting after he was elected and were part of the "resist" movement.

Just a few more months until I once again get the opportunity to speak (via voting) whereupon these same people will claim that I didn't know what I was doing and the Russians (lets me original this time and claim aliens) interfered.
It's so easy to come on a random forum and just spout things like they're fact. But if you have a link or a source confirming your assertion, I would love to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies