Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 09:19 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,498,256 times

Advertisements

Expecting Trump to step up in a moment of crisis is like expecting Kim Kardashian to walk out of her home without makeup. Not going to happen and for the same reason. they are both elites who could care less about the average american.

Old 05-31-2020, 10:05 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
He just showing his true colors. What’s new? The black vote is gone!
Well not in the numbers he and Republicans think he has.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:27 AM

6,995 posts, read 2,711,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
America is on fire. Literally. Protests in 46 cities across 24 states.

Peaceful protests and violent riots have been going on for five days now, and nothing from Trump. He doesn't address the nation because he doesn't care

Instead, he continues to rage-tweet from the bunker under the White House.

Donald Trump is an absolute joke. He's a joke of a president, a joke of a leader, and a joke of a man.
President Trump represents the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. These riots are the responsibility of the governors. President Trump will give them whatever support they need as soon as they admit they are unable to do the job themselves.

You don't want a dictator do you????

Old 06-01-2020, 05:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,307,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Trump knows this is all planned and staged by the elite and are trying to use this to destroy the country. It's all false flags, and he knows it.
He knows that much of this is planned and orchestrated by white supremacists, who see the Trump Presidency as their chance to finally declare a race war, for them it's now or never, and they (along with others, I'm sure) are using the unrest to agitate and further their cause.

Personally, I think Trump is probably on board with it, but I have no proof, and nobody has proof to the opposite, it's just an opinion, but the FACT is that it's happening on his clock, and like the OP stated, he's not really doing anything to help, just fanning the flames, whether intentional or not.

Here's my question: Does the Trump base realize this is going on? The left base had to realize a couple years ago that groups like Antifa and BLM were using unrest to further their cause. The left denounced it, and has made greater efforts to keep protests peaceful. Now these right-wing groups are trying to tear our country apart. Will the right-leaning base (FINALLY) realize that while they may not be sympathetic to these extremists, that their platform is being hijacked for bad reasons?

I'm no Trump fan, but I know a lot of people who support him that are otherwise good people. Some of them are waking up to the realization that their conservative platform is being hijacked by white supremacists, and that their POTUS is (willingly or gullibly) is helping them.

At best, we should not be blaming this all on the rioters. They tried peaceful protest for decades and it has not worked. I don't condone the violence and looting, but I do understand how it can happen. Add in these right-wing agitators who WANT to see this happen, and it's almost inevitable. Add in a divisive POTUS who uses the death of a black man, and the axiety it has caused in the community as a chance to gain votes, rather than a chance to unite and bring people together. What do you expect to happen?

Old 06-01-2020, 05:42 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Trump is the very epitome of "the elite", at least the nouveau riche part of it.
So was JFK, RFK ted kenedy, nancy pelosi, diane feinstien, al gore., etc.

Funny it never bothered the dems then but now....!

Hypocrites to the core!

Old 06-01-2020, 05:44 AM

59,112 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheArchitect View Post
Trump has only ever failed in key moments, this isn't news. It would be newsworthy if he actually showed competence during a crisis
It would be newsworthy if the left actually showed competence during a crisis!

Old 06-01-2020, 05:50 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
A time of crisis once again in the country and why is the President playing partisan politics on Social Media instead of trying to bring a nation together..

Old 06-01-2020, 06:06 AM

764 posts, read 392,635 times
Democrats do not care about blacks and will NEVER EVER help them. Lower their self esteem stick them on welfare like obama did! Trump gave them jobs. MINNEAPOLIS A DEM STATE TRAINED ITS OFFICERS TO DO WHAT THIS OFFICER DID, THE DEMS KILLED HIM!

Old 06-01-2020, 06:16 AM

17,803 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Looking forward to Trump claiming credit for resolving the current "American carnage" that he said he already stopped three years ago.

Old 06-01-2020, 08:20 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,667,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuakerBaker View Post
Trump is busy tweeting in ways that make it worse.
Whats making it worse is the mass media glorifying the "protestors" just like they glorified the coronovirus deaths.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies