Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would You Approve if Trump Uses Force to Stop the Rioting?
Yes 64 71.11%
No 23 25.56%
Can't Decide 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 08:38 AM

29,827 posts, read 24,922,073 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I agree.

Honestly. There are posters on this forum who get up in the morning and say oh look, the sun's up. Thanks Trump!

And of course, there are TDSers who wake up every morning searching for the next thing to be outraged about. Except their puppet masters at CNN and the rest of the lame stream media basically just spoon feed it to them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 08:40 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
If the riots don't stop, and Trump has no other option left but to send in the military for example, would you approve?
Absolutely.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:44 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
Trump pretty much did the same with COVID-19, and the left slammed him relentlessly over it. It seems they want Trump to take an authoritarian approach and push these mayors aside so he can take control of the situation like a dictator.
This is why the task is futile. The left and its propaganda arm media will twist any action (or inaction) on the part of the President in the worst possible light. Intelligent people see this and get it, but there are a lot of low information and dense members in our society that will not, or not care. The left owns those types.

My hope is that Trump treads carefully, accepts the wisdom of his advisors, and takes a path that the leftist trash can't bash him for. Easier said than done, but the best way might just be to let the cities burn. Almost all the innocent victims in these cities are democrats, and I'm pretty sure that they are smart enough to know that the people who are destroying their livelihoods are not Trump supporters.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:47 AM

2,949 posts, read 1,356,057 times
Yes, I approve and believe the military should take whatever action is necessary to stop the rioters, including shooting them to stop the violence. The rioters are injuring/killing innocent people.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:48 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
The sad thing is those who are trying to peacefully protest to change our broken system will be lumped in with the criminal looting element. I understand stopping crimes from happening, but I'm afraid innocent people trying to find justice for George Floyd will become the collateral damage.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:56 AM

11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The sad thing is those who are trying to peacefully protest to change our broken system will be lumped in with the criminal looting element.
Are the peaceful protesters doing anything to thwart the violent rioters and looters around them?

Sometimes I just don't understand what the left wants or expects the police or NG to do. Everything with leftists is a one way street. Rioters and looters can run wild, destroy and hurt people, yet if an officer shoots or beats one up it is automatically police brutality. If it happens to be a white cop and a black rioter (odds are high), it becomes that much more volatile.

Make no mistake. This is all a game to the left and they have the upper hand just because of the PC world we live in. The right needs to remain strategic and careful.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:00 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Are the peaceful protesters doing anything to thwart the violent rioters and looters around them?

Sometimes I just don't understand what the left wants or expects the police or NG to do. Everything with leftists is a one way street. Rioters and looters can run wild, destroy and hurt people, yet if an officer shoots or beats one up it is automatically police brutality. If it happens to be a white cop and a black rioter (odds are high), it becomes that much more volatile.

Make no mistake. This is all a game to the left and they have the upper hand just because of the PC world we live in. The right needs to remain strategic and careful.
I don't know what the peaceful protesters are doing as I'm not there. I can't imagine there's much they can do, being unarmed. It's a shame that they're both getting lumped into the same group. The looting and burning needs to be stopped, but the message of the peaceful protesters needs to be heard.

I disagree that this is a game of the left. This isn't a right or left thing. Police brutality like what happendc to George Floyd is epidemic in this country, and this conversation needs to happen. I understand people having enough. I've had enough and if I lived close to a place where protests are taking place, I would lend my voice to their cause.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:01 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,102,322 times
Quote:
And of course, there are TDSers who wake up every morning searching for the next thing to be outraged about. Except their puppet masters at CNN and the rest of the lame stream media basically just spoon feed it to them.

Thats right they don't have that single mindset of the faithful as they wake up, fall in ranks and read the evening tweets from fearless leader.....

Old 05-31-2020, 09:06 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,035 times
No, that is the states call.
It all needs to be handled under the terms of the Constitution.
This is not Communist China.

Old 05-31-2020, 09:18 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,170,583 times
What a dumb poll. I could insult the intelligence of the OP here, as he does to me, but I have higher standards than that.

It's a dumb poll because the President cannot command the military on US soil against civilians except in rare and dire situations, limited to foreign invasions and insurrections against the federal government. Like COVID, the Governors are in command here and may direct the National Guard to restore civil order. See the Posse Comitatus Act.

The governors may request that the President send US troop to assist the National Guard. But that's a far cry from Trump riding in on a white horse and putting down the rioters, which is the right wing fantasy the OP is trying to project here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies