Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 07:51 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,725,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Blacks only protest.

So now we need segregation !!!

How about a reservation for black people ? Is that the idea and intention its leading up to ?
If that keeps other groups from sabotaging it.....yes.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:52 AM

18,471 posts, read 7,112,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Exactly. It turns people against your cause. So this behavior by whites is helping to discredit the cause of blacks. If whites think police brutality is a human cause, why don’t they protest when whites are killed?

Maybe because we know that not all cops are bad, and the media will just blow it up and make the situation worse, possibly causing even more deaths.....

Maybe because we know that protests have a way of turning in to riots? ......and we'd rather not burn down and destroy are own neighborhoods, also possibly causing more deaths and destruction against people who had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT?

And we think the issue is better handled peacefully through the justice system and the ballot box?

Any more questions?

Old 05-31-2020, 07:55 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,655,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I think that blacks should have a blacks only demonstration against police brutality and other issues. I live in Minneapolis and from the second day of protest on, whites are causing most of the problems. I think other groups are piggybacking on black protest and have their own agenda and it’s drowning out the black voice.

All this mayhem, in the end, is going to be rooted and blamed on blacks having the inferior mentality of “the victim”. Sure, blacks looted, we will own our bad actors for that. However, all the other mayhem here is coming from whites. Black protest usually burn out after the 3rd night following a police incident. This mayhem, here, is being fueled by whites.

Let us speak and demonstrate for ourselves!
If cops over stepping and going to far was truly a Black only issue I might agree. But it's not. Oh sure , we're all supposed to think it is, that Black people are the only ones done wrong by LE, but the reality is quite different.

I've been singled out by LE on lots o occasions and I'm as White as the day is long. I ride a motorcycle, I wear a cowboy hat, I have a beard, my hair has been longer, than considered appropriate lots of reasons.

Its NOT just a skinny color thing.

Old 05-31-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Maybe because we know that not all cops are bad, and the media will just blow it up and make the situation worse, possibly causing even more deaths.....

Maybe because we know that protests have a way of turning in to riots? ......and we'd rather not burn down and destroy are own neighborhoods, also possibly causing more deaths and destruction against people who had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT?

And we think the issue is better handled peacefully through the justice system and the ballot box?

Any more questions?
But it’s okay for whites to do that when blacks protest how blacks are treated by the police, but not when whites are treated bad by the police?

Old 05-31-2020, 07:58 AM

35,760 posts, read 21,122,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
I think the police should protest and riot every time a black person kills a cop.....

Just sayin'
one is anti law- the other supposed to be pro law-- not equal here bud

Old 05-31-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
If cops over stepping and going to far was truly a Black only issue I might agree. But it's not. Oh sure , we're all supposed to think it is, that Black people are the only ones done wrong by LE, but the reality is quite different.

I've been singled out by LE on lots o occasions and I'm as White as the day is long. I ride a motorcycle, I wear a cowboy hat, I have a beard, my hair has been longer, than considered appropriate lots of reasons.

Its NOT just a skinny color thing.
If it’s a problem for whites, then whites are derelict in not protesting when whites are killed. By protesting, ONLY, when blacks decide to protest their treatment at the hands of the police, it’s not seen as a problem with the police, but rather, a problem with the perception of the black community seeing themselves always as the victim.

If whites protest when whites are killed, then society, in general, will take it seriously and make changes. Right now society sees this as more black victim mentality.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:03 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 20 days ago)

35,673 posts, read 18,045,481 times
So, Indentured Servant. I think we all agree we've seen white people breaking windows. Maybe lighting fires, etc. Yep.

What I haven't seen, is white people in a group beating a defenseless human to death (Chauvin notwithstanding, we all did see that).

I haven't seen that. Maybe the videos just haven't been shown. What I have seen, is one demographic beating another totally helpless and on the ground, demographic either to death or very nearly. And I can't unsee that.

So this "y'all are giving us a bad name" is kind of a hard statement to defend.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:04 AM

14,551 posts, read 12,197,918 times
Unfortunately what’s being lost here is that once you form a mob, mobs are very difficult to control… They behave like mobs. They don’t follow rules, they’re protesting some kind of oppression by breaking rules. You can’t control who’s going to join in or what they’re gonna do.

I see this every time there’s a protest in major cities anymore… Always complaints that it started out really peacefully and then everyone is surprised when it gets out-of-control.

It’s entirely predictable.

Maybe what’s needed is a better form of communication.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:07 AM

17,835 posts, read 13,750,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Most of the time the person killed by the cop is a criminal with a significant history of not being able to function productively in society. So lots of whites feel it is no big loss that the criminal is no longer around to cause more problems.

Black people tend to be more forgiving or accepting of people with criminal records than whites and feel more empathy towards the criminal and more outrage toward the police.
I'd agree with this to some extent but the black mistrust for law enforcement has been an issue for generations. Thus the outrage.

I think about the only way a white conservative could understand this outrage would be for them to pretend that every cop was a MSM journalist.

Old 05-31-2020, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
So, Indentured Servant. I think we all agree we've seen white people breaking windows. Maybe lighting fires, etc. Yep.

What I haven't seen, is white people in a group beating a defenseless human to death (Chauvin notwithstanding, we all did see that).

I haven't seen that. Maybe the videos just haven't been shown. What I have seen, is one demographic beating another totally helpless and on the ground, demographic either to death or very nearly. And I can't unsee that.

So this "y'all are giving us a bad name" is kind of a hard statement to defend.
You must have missed it. You did not see the white police officer take that life?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.