Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2020, 02:28 PM

5,893 posts, read 3,335,671 times

Advertisements

99.9% of the blacks that get killed by the police are because the cops were totally justified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2020, 02:34 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,197,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
99.9% of the blacks that get killed by the police are because the cops were totally justified.

Clash of cultures, justified or not.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:37 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,763,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I understand the outrage over Floyd. What that officer did is inexcusable. We can argue over whether it was racially motivated or not, but it was wrong, and killings like that by police against all races need to be addressed.

That being said, the data clearly show that black Americans should be far more afraid of other blacks than they should be whites or the police. In 2019, 235 blacks where killed by police. In 2014 (latest data I could find) 229 blacks were killed by whites (500 whites killed by blacks) leaving about 6,750 blacks being killed by other blacks. Admittedly the data leaves a bit to be desired as they don’t have race information for all killings, so do with that what you want. Given the data we do have, it is really frustrating as a white guy to always hear that we are the enemy and the bad guy. I have never said a racist thing to a person of any color and have friends and pastors of color that I respect a lot.

When I see this kind of data, it makes me want to ignore all the yelling. Sources of data below.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...by-the-numbers
Wrong. All that data does is show and rationalize why whites and white police fear blacks more than others...and hence treat them worse based upon those fears.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:40 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,181,643 times
The out of control Black violent crime rate is something that we aren't supposed to talk about. The news media ignores it. Instead, Black problems are blamed on White people. Most Black people seem to have a difficult time accepting that a large part of the conditions that they face are because of their own actions and the actions of other Blacks.

Old 05-31-2020, 02:45 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,763,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The out of control Black violent crime rate is something that we aren't supposed to talk about. The news media ignores it. Instead, Black problems are blamed on White people. Most Black people seem to have a difficult time accepting that a large part of the conditions that they face are because of their own actions and the actions of other Blacks.
And this says that there is a greater fear of blacks as a threat in America. However, if you were a LEO and shot a black guy reaching for his wallet to show you his ID, and you thought he was reaching for a gun to kill you, you would swear it had NOTHING to do with his race. Yet, you argue that blacks should be feared based on statistics.

You can’t have it both ways.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:09 PM

4,718 posts, read 2,006,952 times
first not black but i have had this discussion with a couple of my black guy friends who i grew up with and basically family. it was never about fear for them, it was about anger concerning those who they were taught to respect and trust(both air force brats)and feeling that trust was abused by some officers who got off on it. i.e. nothing makes you more angry then being accused while doing nothing wrong.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:12 PM

31,302 posts, read 20,837,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
I understand the outrage over Floyd. What that officer did is inexcusable. We can argue over whether it was racially motivated or not, but it was wrong, and killings like that by police against all races need to be addressed.

That being said, the data clearly show that black Americans should be far more afraid of other blacks than they should be whites or the police. In 2019, 235 blacks where killed by police. In 2014 (latest data I could find) 229 blacks were killed by whites (500 whites killed by blacks) leaving about 6,750 blacks being killed by other blacks. Admittedly the data leaves a bit to be desired as they don’t have race information for all killings, so do with that what you want. Given the data we do have, it is really frustrating as a white guy to always hear that we are the enemy and the bad guy. I have never said a racist thing to a person of any color and have friends and pastors of color that I respect a lot.

When I see this kind of data, it makes me want to ignore all the yelling. Sources of data below.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...olice-by-race/

https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...by-the-numbers
You are letting the facts cloud your ability to think like a racist.

Old 05-31-2020, 03:29 PM

2,772 posts, read 910,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Wrong. All that data does is show and rationalize why whites and white police fear blacks more than others...and hence treat them worse based upon those fears.
You are missing out Indentured Servant. You need to seek the good life on the African continent. There are so many countries to pick from. Somalia would be a great place to put down new roots, so to speak, and thrive in a genuine African culture unsullied by nasty, racist European influences. No need to try and change the barbaric U.S.A. into an African American friendly place when you can go live in the real deal where your values and world view would be more fully appreciated. As an added bonus, if you are carrying a few extra pounds like I am, you'll drop it quickly following the typical Somalian diet. But before you do, read Keith Richburg's book "Out of America". I read in when it was release in 1997. A real eye opener.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:07 PM

4,022 posts, read 1,454,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
My post wasnt about who white people fear. Actually according to the data, white people should fear whites more than blacks or the police at least as far as homicide. I don't fear blacks any more than whites or Asians or Latinos, it all depends on the vibe I get from them not color of skin. Remember, a portion of the police force in larger cities is of non white race. Do they fear blacks more? Respectfully, I am not sure what your point is.

Old 05-31-2020, 04:09 PM

24,985 posts, read 9,722,959 times
As a black man, if I had the choice between interacting with white police or interacting with gang members, I choose the police 100% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies