Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 02:34 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Independent autopsy finds asphyxiation caused Floyd’s death. And your initial one didn’t, why not? Which one is the “more correct” one? Nobody believes the first one because we all saw the video. Why would anyone trust the authorities because they always try to cover up everything for upper levels. Their is no faith in how the prosecution handles things.

Move that charge to 2nd degree murder

https://abcnews.go.com/US/independen...ry?id=70994827
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Pretty sure 99% of the world knew that the Minneapolis autopsy was BS.

"He had high blood pressure and umm......oh yeah, he was on drugs! Ignore what you saw on that video. Thanks!"
How come we didn't believe the experts on the first autopsy?

I thought experts couldn't be challenged.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:37 PM

52,269 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Overcharging? The cop had a hand-cuffed man on the ground with his boot on his neck for almost ten minutes. At the first sign the man couldn't breathe, he should have gotten him up. Overcharge? There is nothing they could charge him with that would be an overcharge.
I generally give cops the benefit of the doubt and am pretty quick to defend them.

This event was not one of those times. I was enraged watching that vid clip.

The thing that just jumps out at me is just how damn unnecessary it was on top of it all. The guy is laying his stomach with his hands cuffed behind his back.

How much of a threat was he? I mean what warranted his even putting his knee on his back at all? Even that seems to be unnecessary let alone on the guys throat.

I don't know if he had intent to kill the guy or was he just being mind numbingly stupid or what.

I find it hard to lay on my stomach and breathe properly without my hands behind my back, I imagine being on your belly alone is tough. Floyd looked like he was a stocky guy with a beer belly. That makes it even tougher to breathe on your stomach.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:40 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I generally give cops the benefit of the doubt and am pretty quick to defend them.

This event was not one of those times. I was enraged watching that vid clip.

The thing that just jumps out at me is just how damn unnecessary it was on top of it all. The guy is laying his stomach with his hands cuffed behind his back.

How much of a threat was he? I mean what warranted his even putting his knee on his back at all? Even that seems to be unnecessary let alone on the guys throat.

I don't know if he had intent to kill the guy or was he just being mind numbingly stupid or what.

I find it hard to lay on my stomach and breathe properly without my hands behind my back, I imagine being on your belly alone is tough. Floyd looked like he was a stocky guy with a beer belly. That makes it even tougher to breathe on your stomach.
Exactly, Chowhound. He was already handcuffed. Why the additional strong-arm tactics? The fact that it lasted almost ten minutes is unfathomable.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:41 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,338 times
Quote:
Overcharging? The cop had a hand-cuffed man on the ground with his boot on his neck for almost ten minutes. At the first sign the man couldn't breathe, he should have gotten him up. Overcharge? There is nothing they could charge him with that would be an overcharge.

Do you believe any prosecutor would be able to prove that the cop woke up that morning with premeditated intent to go and find George Floyd and kill him? Because that is what you are asking him to do.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:44 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Do you believe any prosecutor would be able to prove that the cop woke up that morning with premeditated intent to go and find George Floyd and kill him? Because that is what you are asking him to do.
I don’t many people understand the legal definitions of murder charges, and how overcharging only results in a lack of conviction. Please people ... read the definitions of the varying degrees of murder. You’ll see that charging this officer with Murder 1 will never result in conviction.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:47 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HouseBuilder328 View Post
Independent autopsy finds asphyxiation caused Floyd’s death.
First line of the article:

An independent autopsy ordered by George Floyd's family. . . .

In other words, it's not an independent autopsy.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 06-01-2020 at 02:56 PM..

Old 06-01-2020, 02:47 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronricks View Post
Yes. While it may feel great to jack this cop up as much as you can, there are rules about what constitutes a level of crime. Some prosecutors intentionally overcharge because they know it will get the cops off.

We are a nation of laws and as much as lawbreakers tempt to act otherwise, we always need to remember that.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:48 PM

2,074 posts, read 1,353,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I don’t many people understand the legal definitions of murder charges, and how overcharging only results in a lack of conviction. Please people ... read the definitions of the varying degrees of murder. You’ll see that charging this officer with Murder 1 will never result in conviction.

People with these crazy fantasies of a murder 1 or murder 2 charge are begging for this cop to get off and they don't even realize it.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:52 PM

18,562 posts, read 7,372,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
This was the same stupid logic the cops used. Your windpipe doesn't need to be completely closed. If you can't get enough oxygen into your lungs, you will eventually pass unconscious.
Actually, you pass out when you can't/don't expel the CO2 that builds up.

Old 06-01-2020, 02:52 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Is that what the ink blot test told you ?

You don't know a boot from a knee !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies