Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2020, 04:51 PM

8,496 posts, read 3,338,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Finally, a liberal with the ability to differentiate rioters from protesters, I rep'd your post. Once we can take alt-left groups and criminals out of the equation, we might be surprised on how much the left and right agree on issues and we can (gasp!) work together on solutions.
Thanks, I noticed "thought" in how you also wrote. This all gets pretty complicated. My brother lives in a DC war zone. He's extremely unhappy the CVS in his building has been looted - twice. His condo has boarded up some windows. Hired an extra security force. We were to go downtown today to see him after 2 1/2 months but had to cancel. My brother said some of the rioter types were robbing people on the streets with no guarantee daylight would be safe.

But then at the same time DB wasn't that happy how the police were going after people in the street below his balcony even though it was then after curfew. It looked pretty rough. Folks weren't being allowed to disperse but herded. Me, maybe I might be a little less sympathetic than him since this was by now well after the curfew. The streets should have been clear period but then maybe the degree of force should be proportionate to intent - although admittedly the police might not always be able to tell.

My brother took a pic for me from his balcony. Someone shooting video from his building on another balcony got a rubber bullet sent their way. A Blackhawk helicopter maneuver over his building reportedly almost went awry. That he sent me audio of.

No way, though, do I appreciate Trump wading into these complexities with the photo ops. And the Lafayette Square pre-curfew protestors were reported to be pretty chill (particularly last night).

Old 06-02-2020, 05:30 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,547,333 times
I don't know how it is in other places, but in Chicago, it does not feel safe at all. Essential businesses that have remained open throughout this pandemic are now closing due to protests, rioting, and looting. This requires a military response.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:38 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,213,988 times
Trump's army is positioned outside of DC and people are exercising their rights in much greater numbers than last night. Tonight could be a confrontation between a free people, the first amendment, and a military that was once respected as a defender of freedom.

Old 06-02-2020, 05:39 PM

29,511 posts, read 22,636,772 times
How 'nice' some of them think this is so funny.

Also, how did they get the keys to those cars??

Looters Snag 50+ Cars Including $100K Hellcats, Chargers, Challengers, And Trackhawks

Quote:
Adding insult to injury, people have turned to looting and ravaging businesses, even the small local stores that are already trying to stay afloat due to COVID-19 and the plummeting economy. One particular Dodge dealership located in San Leandro, California, was a recent target of such mayhem. Not only was the dealership heavily damaged, but more than 50 of their high-performance vehicles were stolen and driven right off the lot. That includes almost every single one of their Dodge Challenger Hellcats worth $100,000 apiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pZWqr0qeKQ

Old 06-02-2020, 05:47 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Suburban_Guy, in the link you posted he says they broke into the dealership and stole the keys.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:05 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,586,985 times
Riot at LA Mayor’s house now.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:12 PM

Well after 7 pm and live feed still shows lots of “protesters” still milling about.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:29 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,538,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Who ever brought the nine year old there should be put in jail for child endangerment.

Using a child as a human shield is disgusting.
damn straight.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:35 PM

37,960 posts, read 22,141,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
And most importantly; no one is being denied to vote, so if the residents of the city do not like how things are, simply show up and vote, run for office, etc.

But the demographics of the protesters are also the same demographics that have the lowest voting turn out rate.
we are talking about states and cities run by Democrats, with mostly democrat populations. The Dems are the ones who mostly seem to have their protests turn violent. The occupy wall street protrsts, black lives matter, and the Ferguson riots, Oakland riots, and now the George riots, all tun violent with arson, looting and ssault. It's who those people are.

The largest protests by the so called right, were the TEA party, and the "can we go back to work" protests, and they were lways peaceful.

And yet the dems still ppaint themselves as the peaceful types, and stoke fears about the republicans. No matter how many dem protests turn violent, they never admit the truth about how violent the left is.

Old 06-02-2020, 06:36 PM

Mob of white liberals outside the white house after curfew. I wonder how long before they have antifa gas them and blame the cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies