Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2020, 04:51 PM

5,985 posts, read 2,918,690 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I'm sorry you feel that way - I'm just disgusted with the far left agenda that has destroyed my party. It's sad that a party that gave such hope for equality for all people has turned it's back on white people. Depending on your tone - yep - I'll argue with you - when people deflect they don't want a discussion just to shove their opinions down others throats and you as a responsible adult should see that.
I used to be republican. That party has destroyed itself. Take this thread. Cops clearly killed a man who was restrained and some some people somehow still blame the victim.

Reality is we need more than two parties. The republican party is no longer a rational choice for conservatives. Its drifting into authoritarianism. Reality is we need more social programs. We need to reform police departments. We need to acknowledge change by looking at issues, instead of resorting to the ignorant, emotional "the other side is evil" stance.

Old 06-10-2020, 04:57 PM

17,631 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lekrii View Post
I used to be republican. That party has destroyed itself. Take this thread. Cops clearly killed a man who was restrained and some some people somehow still blame the victim.

Reality is we need more than two parties. The republican party is no longer a rational choice for conservatives. Its drifting into authoritarianism. Reality is we need more social programs. We need to reform police departments. We need to acknowledge change by looking at issues, instead of resorting to the ignorant, emotional "the other side is evil" stance.
You're nuts. The only authoritarians out there are Democrat mayors and governors who arrested American citizens for trying to make a living and then cheered and refused to arrest criminals burning and looting cities.

You were probably a Republican 20 years ago or longer, like that traitor Colin Powell.

We need "more social programs" is about the stupidest thing I've read on this board in a long time. The social programs in place now have failed miserably in every possible aspect. All you need to do is turn on the television if you want proof of that. So the solution is to double down on programs that are proven failures? Brilliant.

As far as the other side being evil, it's hard to draw any other conclusion when you look at their conduct over the past 3 years. It's pretty clear that Democrats care more about beating Donald Trump than they do about anything else.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
You're nuts. The only authoritarians out there are Democrat mayors and governors who arrested American citizens for trying to make a living and then cheered and refused to arrest criminals burning and looting cities.

You were probably a Republican 20 years ago or longer, like that traitor Colin Powell.

We need "more social programs" is about the stupidest thing I've read on this board in a long time. The social programs in place now have failed miserably in every possible aspect. All you need to do is turn on the television if you want proof of that. So the solution is to double down on programs that are proven failures? Brilliant.

As far as the other side being evil, it's hard to draw any other conclusion when you look at their conduct over the past 3 years. It's pretty clear that Democrats care more about beating Donald Trump than they do about anything else.
You could not have done a better job proving my point if you tried. Repiblicans need to bring back compassionate conservatism if they want to move forward.

All the best to you, I hope you get help with any anger issues you have.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:03 PM

17,631 posts, read 6,914,908 times
Quote:
You could not have done a better job proving my point if you tried. Repiblicans need to bring back compassionate conservatism if they want to move forward.
No, we need competent leadership that delivers results, which is exactly what Trump is and has been doing despite the obstruction and treason of the media and Democrats.

Old 06-10-2020, 05:41 PM

11,790 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:

And I'll disagree with many of your thoughts. I do believe we need more than 2 parties but being a moderate/conservative democrat - I feel more of a bond with the republican party. If Kennedy was still alive he would no longer be considered a Democrat because as much as he wanted to help people - he also expected them to be responsible for their actions and help others.

We don't need more social programs - social programs have failed since we first enacted them - we need to help people while letting them know that this help is not permanent - they are expected to grow and become an active part of society that needs to contribute.

A man died in police custody but I firmly believe that the man would have been dead within a year or incarcerated. I'm over feeling sorry for people that haven't taken advantage of the social programs available to them and instead lead a life of crime. I'm over giving them available tools in prison to come out a better person and them resorting to crime once released. I'm over men not taking responsibility for their children and considering them a notch on their belt.

I spent my younger years protesting for equality - working with Big Brothers, campaigning for Democratic candidates, and championing for the reform of criminals so they have the tools to reenter society and be given a 2nd chance. I've seen all of my endeavors fail because many on the left only kick a gift horse in the mouth and nothing is ever enough.

I'd also like to say that looking at your posting history - you are pretty argumentative yourself if you don't like the way people respond to you - so pot calling kettle!

Old 06-10-2020, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
And I'll disagree with many of your thoughts. I do believe we need more than 2 parties but being a moderate/conservative democrat - I feel more of a bond with the republican party. If Kennedy was still alive he would no longer be considered a Democrat because as much as he wanted to help people - he also expected them to be responsible for their actions and help others.

We don't need more social programs - social programs have failed since we first enacted them - we need to help people while letting them know that this help is not permanent - they are expected to grow and become an active part of society that needs to contribute.

A man died in police custody but I firmly believe that the man would have been dead within a year or incarcerated. I'm over feeling sorry for people that haven't taken advantage of the social programs available to them and instead lead a life of crime. I'm over giving them available tools in prison to come out a better person and them resorting to crime once released. I'm over men not taking responsibility for their children and considering them a notch on their belt.

I spent my younger years protesting for equality - working with Big Brothers, campaigning for Democratic candidates, and championing for the reform of criminals so they have the tools to reenter society and be given a 2nd chance. I've seen all of my endeavors fail because many on the left only kick a gift horse in the mouth and nothing is ever enough.

I'd also like to say that looking at your posting history - you are pretty argumentative yourself if you don't like the way people respond to you - so pot calling kettle!
What specific social programs do you think failed? You say we need to help people while letting them know the help isn't permanent....that's a good description of social programs.

So that I understand what you're saying, you think the police were justified in killing Floyd because he had a drug problem, and a criminal record? Because let's be clear, a man didn't die in police custody, cops killed a man they had in their custody, and it took nationwide protests for them to be charged with a crime. What tools do you think people have in prison? US prisons don't reform anyone. In fact, sending young people to prison for petty crimes is one of the most sure ways to create a career criminal. You keep calling yourself a moderate democrat, but I really don't see what that's coming from. Your views are very far right of middle.

Old 06-10-2020, 07:35 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:

Reality is we need more than two parties. The republican party is no longer a rational choice for conservatives. Its drifting into authoritarianism.
That is preposterous. Trump acts like a private citizen. He tweets his opinions, and that's about it.

Old 06-10-2020, 08:26 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ubevw1YEqvY

Old 06-10-2020, 08:46 PM

29,519 posts, read 22,661,647 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IKkjqw3OKo

Old 06-10-2020, 09:04 PM

2,006 posts, read 762,185 times
Quote:
What specific social programs do you think failed? You say we need to help people while letting them know the help isn't permanent....that's a good description of social programs.

So that I understand what you're saying, you think the police were justified in killing Floyd because he had a drug problem, and a criminal record? Because let's be clear, a man didn't die in police custody, cops killed a man they had in their custody, and it took nationwide protests for them to be charged with a crime. What tools do you think people have in prison? US prisons don't reform anyone. In fact, sending young people to prison for petty crimes is one of the most sure ways to create a career criminal. You keep calling yourself a moderate democrat, but I really don't see what that's coming from. Your views are very far right of middle.
I’ve never heard of someone being sent to prison for a petty crime.

Can you cite some examples?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies