Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2020, 05:58 PM

57,397 posts, read 26,310,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Alas, it is indeed going somewhere; hell in a handbasket comes to mind.
Minneapolis has already "ended the contract" with police in their schools. I am guessing the teachers' input was not taken into consideration.
Assuming schools will even be open anytime soon.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:09 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,096,287 times
Secretary of Defense Mark Esper bypassed Trump, without consulting him, and ordered all troops to not use rifles or ammunition tonight during DC protests.

Well done, Mr Secretary.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:16 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,521,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Secretary of Defense Mark Esper bypassed Trump, without consulting him, and ordered all troops to not use rifles or ammunition tonight during DC protests.

Well done, Mr Secretary.
Esper will be fired. That’s insubordination. If I countermanded a direct order from my boss, I’d be putting my personal belongings in a box that same day.

Old 06-05-2020, 06:20 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,239,289 times
LEMMINGS OVER A CLIFF

Kudos to the world's greatest propaganda ministry, that promulgated the BIG LIE, that a meth + fentanyl addled ex-con resisting arrest, thus committing an assault and battery, was a sweet, gentle harmless victim of police brutality, when in fact he died of natural causes he aggravated by his substance abuse. (He wasn't suffocated, because they tried to revive him with CPR - for a heart attack - no evidence of asphyxiation.)
But facts are politically incorrect, after all.
Burn, baby, burn...

Only black FELONS matter.
Black on black killings are not worthy of protest and rioting, so the MSM ignores that, and so does BLM. Hypocrites, all.

Old 06-05-2020, 07:53 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,944,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VexedAndSolitary View Post
Alas, it is indeed going somewhere; hell in a handbasket comes to mind.
Minneapolis has already "ended the contract" with police in their schools. I am guessing the teachers' input was not taken into consideration.
There has been some issues with police in schools though. A number of Autistic children have been handcuffed when they had an episode that teachers and staff couldn't control. At one point even myself as an educator might have agreed with it, now I don't. Do I think this was part of the decision, no. However it isn't as cut and dry as you conservatives make it out that this is out of spite...

Old 06-05-2020, 08:19 PM

13,235 posts, read 21,858,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
LEMMINGS OVER A CLIFF

Kudos to the world's greatest propaganda ministry, that promulgated the BIG LIE, that a meth + fentanyl addled ex-con resisting arrest, thus committing an assault and battery, was a sweet, gentle harmless victim of police brutality, when in fact he died of natural causes he aggravated by his substance abuse. (He wasn't suffocated, because they tried to revive him with CPR - for a heart attack - no evidence of asphyxiation.)
Burn, baby, burn...

Black on black killings are not worthy of protest and rioting, so the MSM ignores that, and so does BLM. Hypocrites, all.

I actually laughed out loud at this!

According to you, George Floyd just happened to die of natural causes while a cop had his knee on this neck with his hands cuffed behind his back. Sheer coincidence, it was!

Maybe you can get a job on the cop's legal defense team. They'd love to have you.

Old 06-05-2020, 08:26 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Assuming schools will even be open anytime soon.
They have totally capitulated on the coronavirus lockdowns. There’s no going back now.

Old 06-05-2020, 09:44 PM

27,693 posts, read 16,186,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
LEMMINGS OVER A CLIFF

Burn, baby, burn...

If he would have lived, it would have been in federal pen for passing counterfit bills.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:21 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,155,357 times
Default In Dozens of American Cities Officers Kneel, and Protestors Embrace Them During Rallies Against Bad Policing

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/prot...es-nationwide/

Here's to hoping that this spreads, and that the community and the police can treat each other with more enduring humanity.

Old 06-05-2020, 10:24 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,765,973 times
I don't get why police are classified as "other". Are they not part of the community???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.