Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 01:13 PM

860 posts, read 322,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
I am a "full on" racist, yes. I do believe the country - and any country where blacks and whites have been forced to live together - has suffered since the beginning with racial clashes and will continue because of its own greed.
I am so glad, being a person of color, that I do not look at things the way you do. I have a cousin who thinks like you. He has a miserable life as he is always upset about something. I have a great life because I make the most of it. I create my opportunities and then I make the most of them. I have wonderful relations with the white community. Many of my dearest friends are white. I hope you can see the light someday. Life is better in the light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2020, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
I succeed no problem. I was brought up to NOT think of myself as a victim. I was brought up the know I can overcome any challenge. I am successful and have a great life. We all can progress if we just stop holding OURSELVES back by playing the victim all the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
This is racist!
Can I assume you were being sarcastic, being that I am NOT white?

Old 06-02-2020, 01:15 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,582,163 times
Quote:
Can I assume you were being sarcastic?
Of course. Unfortunately plenty of black people think that way.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:19 PM

11,819 posts, read 5,811,315 times
Quote:
Can I assume you were being sarcastic, being that I am NOT white?
life explorer likes being sarcastic - I always have to stop and think before responding to him!

But I'm mad - you can sit there and say some of your best friends are white people - but I can't say that some of my best friends are black when I'm called racist - as I'm told that makes me more racist that I pointed out I have black friends.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:20 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,409 times
Quote:
I succeed no problem. I was brought up to NOT think of myself as a victim. I was brought up the know I can overcome any challenge. I am successful and have a great life. We all can progress if we just stop holding OURSELVES back by playing the victim all the time.
There's no such thing as "playing the victim."

Black men did not design and build militaries to fight a war against their invaders, did not create the modern world we live in today. Black people did not organize any fight, just sold off and out. Black women did not protect our own offspring, neither have the men who do nothing but jump from one woman to the next because the majority were not nurtured and it is pretty darned impossible to learn something if you are already learning challenged.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:22 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,186,409 times
Quote:
I am so glad, being a person of color, that I do not look at things the way you do. I have a cousin who thinks like you. He has a miserable life as he is always upset about something. I have a great life because I make the most of it. I create my opportunities and then I make the most of them. I have wonderful relations with the white community. Many of my dearest friends are white. I hope you can see the light someday. Life is better in the light.
I've made the most of my life. It works for me.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:26 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,849,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Then why do infinitely more white men get arrested than black women? Are the police sexist too?
Yes, they are sexist.

But police arrest infinitely more white men than black women because, I'm guessing black women commit infinitely less crime than white men. Simple.

Last edited by newdixiegirl; 06-02-2020 at 01:37 PM..

Old 06-02-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
life explorer likes being sarcastic - I always have to stop and think before responding to him!

But I'm mad - you can sit there and say some of your best friends are white people - but I can't say that some of my best friends are black when I'm called racist - as I'm told that makes me more racist that I pointed out I have black friends.
If you and I were friends, I would be happy for you to say we are friends. I love my white friends and they love me. I have no issue with my white friends saying they are friends with me. Do not let people give you a hard time about it. That is a problem they have, not you.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:28 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,223,704 times
The real racists vs “Killer Bees”

The Africanized honeybees, commonly called “killer bees,” have an instinctive behavior to attack en masse when their hive is trespassed. Though tiny, when they collectively attack, they can wound and kill creatures far larger than themselves. In fact, when a single bee would sting an attacker, chemical signals would alarm other bees to come. Such a response is an effective deterrent to predators.

Americans once were like “killer bees.” When trespassed upon, the victim was not left to his own feeble devices. The community and the servant government were his allies, swarming to inflict justice in response to his injury.
“In Europe a criminal is an unhappy being who is struggling for his life against the ministers of justice, whilst the population is merely a spectator of the conflict; in America he is looked upon as an enemy of the human race, and the whole of mankind is against him.”
- - - Tocqueville, Alexis de, 1805-1859. . . Democracy in America, volume 1
An example of modern unAmerican sentiment is the code of silence with regard to law breakers. That many have been taught that “snitches” are evil, expose how upside down things have become. (“Snitches get stitches...”)

Imagine a beehive where the bees thought it was no longer important to defend it, and instead, attack those who raised the alarm? They would soon be extinct.

Anyone who thinks it is moral to protect trespassers with a code of silence is undeserving of equal protection of law, for they have become accessories after the fact. They are akin to subversives, who aid and abet the destruction of a nation, its property rights and its people. They are no longer part of the mutual cooperative for the protection of property rights.

Imagine what kind of neighbors they would be - keeping mum, while your property is burglarized. Or turn away while you or your loved ones were attacked.

Don't be that kind of person.
Tolerance of predators is unmerciful to their next victim. And to protect them is shameful and evil. Frankly, such behavior is uncivilized, and worthy of our disdain and contempt.

Old 06-02-2020, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
There's no such thing as "playing the victim."
There sure is. And there is such a thing is racism against whites from blacks and browns. The entire "no such thing" is just what us minorities have used to squash other people's voices. Be smarter than that. Be the change you want to see happen. Do not perpetuate the stereotypes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies