Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 09:52 AM

10,073 posts, read 14,453,980 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post

Go ahead, vote for these people. I couldn't care less about Trump. I didn't vote for him, and he didn't turn New York into a burned out, smashed out war zone. My vote doesn't matter in a blue state anyway. The Democrats who are soft on crime are the lower level politicians. I will NEVER vote for these clowns again after several nights of the sickening feeling of knowing that my safety did not matter to them. My house, my kids, my business--didn't matter. And their crime bills and policies set the stage for people thinking property crime was ok because they will just be let out the next day. Setting fires is okay. Nobody to stop them. That is anarchy. But wow did they threaten with the law if someone tried to go swimming. Can't have that.
This is so terrible and sorry you have been affected by the riots and looting and destruction. But you and your opinion is completely based in reality from experience. It is the disgust that the majority of Americans are thinking about the Democrat party in general right now.

Democrats support these far left fringe policies like defunding the police, riots, violence and looting--until it affects them and their families, personally. Then, they cry for police protection, safe neighborhoods and peace for their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2020, 09:56 AM

1,411 posts, read 566,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
So why why WHY is Biden still so far ahead of Trump in the polls — it boggles the mind.
What planet do these people live on......
Sadly, but not surprisingly, this once great country has an apparently unlimited supply of unthinking, clueless bozos that if they think at all, is in lockstep with the latest groupthink or what they briefly view on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
A generation or more has been indoctrinated by the leftist education system, mas media, and the vile mass "culture."
I give this country 50 years, tops, before it breaks up, maybe even just 30 years.

Old 06-08-2020, 09:57 AM

3,648 posts, read 1,603,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
One wonders how any citizen who values the rule of law and protection under the law could possibly vote democrat.

Libs will not be happy until ALL urban centers in America look like Somalia, with armed war lords imposing their will on hapless residents like feudal lords.

This is exactly what's going to happen! If this defund happens then parts of major cities will become like the no-go zones in France:

Quote:
No-go Zones Are “Now Foreign Enclaves ... at War With France and With Western Civilization
But there is a group police have been told not to stop at all: People living in Muslim dominated no-go zones, euphemistically called zones-urbaines-sensibles (“sensitive urban zones”).
In fact, the cops aren’t even supposed to venture near such places...
https://www.thenewamerican.com/world...n-civilization
Quote:
France: No-Go Zones Now in Heart of Big Cities
In the heart of Paris, Bordeaux, Toulouse, Marseille, Grenoble, Avignon, districts here and there have been "privatized" by a mix of drug traffickers, Salafist zealots and Islamic youth gangs...
https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/1...ce-no-go-zones
This is what's going to happen in sections of urban areas. They will become too 'hot' to police.

Last edited by james112; 06-08-2020 at 10:06 AM..

Old 06-08-2020, 09:59 AM

764 posts, read 392,635 times
Quote:
Defunding police departments? Allowing looting and rioting to go unchecked? Encouraging assaults on police officers?

The democrat party has morphed into an insane collection of idiots who want to institute mob rule and tribalism in America.

If the dems had their way, every US city would look like Mogadishu, in which war lords preside over the population with violence and feudal order.
These idiots want us to be a third world country. what fun!

Old 06-08-2020, 10:01 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The younger generations have now been so deeply indoctrinated with this liberal hate-America anarchy crap and the ubiquitous systemic racism myth from kindergarten through college that I really fear for America’s future.....
Agreed- it is a systemic wide embracement of insanity.

Civilized, modern humans do not advocate burning cities, looting, and intimidation by widespread violence.

A liberal's perception of ideal law enforcement is more akin to roaming barbarian tribes exerting their will over an undefended population whenever and wherever they want.

Want to be accepted in society? Start by behaving like a civilized individual who can live by the rule of law, not by war lord rule.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:04 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Agreed- it is a systemic wide embracement of insanity.

Civilized, modern humans do not advocate burning cities, looting, and intimidation by widespread violence.

A liberal's perception of ideal law enforcement is more akin to roaming barbarian tribes exerting their will over an undefended population whenever and wherever they want.

Want to be accepted in society? Start by behaving like a civilized individual who can live by the rule of law, not by war lord rule.
They want lawlessness and violence because then they can come in with severe draconian BIG GOVERNMENT solutions to "fix" everything.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:04 AM

5,209 posts, read 1,797,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I'm responding to people saying it's the Dems that are the looters and rioters. I'm just trying to find a link or source to that assertion. I see where Cuomo ripped into DeBlasio and the police department for their lack of responses to the looting and violence so not sure where you came up with his not responding.
https://www.lohud.com/story/news/pol...ty/3123904001/
Look up any one of the countless videos of NYC massive looting (Herald Square Macys), smashing, burning cop cars, a cop getting run over with a car, stabbed in the neck, Soho getting destroyed, Fordham Road in the Bronx in flames on Monday night.

Okay, you got me. Cuomo didn't actually say "Please keep rioting." What he said was, after the first night of mayhem, that the NYPD could do the job. Then after they clearly were outmanned, he said they were doing a bad job, but the National Guard wasn't necessary. Then, with a police force unable to control things, and NO National Guard, that is a tacit approval. And there was more rioting. What would you call it if you COULD stop a riot, but you didn't.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:06 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
How can you look at it any other way? They want to defund police departments. In my city we have never had a problem with the police, and we have a percentage of our population that is not white. But they are in different socio-economic shape than the ones in Minneapolis. Why? Are the cops really bad when there has never been a complaint against my Department in a city pushing 70,000 residents?

Old 06-08-2020, 10:08 AM

10,073 posts, read 14,453,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Can you name a single Democratic official who is supporting "ANTIFA riots, violence and destruction"?

It's really the GOP that is spiraling out of control. Trump is flailing around trying to respond to events of the day, while establishment Republicans like George Bush, Colin Powell and James Mattis express their disgust with the way he is handling things.

Can you name ONE thing that Trump has done to make the racial conflict any better?
Can you name ONE thing in the past 3 months that Trump has done to combat the pandemic?
What has Trump done to save our economy from the effects of the pandemic?

If you don't like the way the country is going right now, you have to get rid of the man at the top.
I'd strongly suggest waking up to what's happening with the Democratic party, rather than exhibiting strong Trump dislike.

Trump was elected to shake up the office of the President, and he is doing just that.

The Democrats are imploding on themselves, and have been attempting since 2016 to discredit, bash, and bring down Trump.

The Democrats have been trying to kick Trump out of office since 2016, nonstop, with the media in bed with them.

But Trump has broken the Democrats, and the party is destructing.

Old 06-08-2020, 10:12 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,274,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Have police departments been defunded? Links? Who has allowed looting and violence to go unchecked? I haven't seen that. Do you have a link?
Have you not been watching the news???? It's everywhere and it's been going on for the past 2 weeks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies