Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2020, 07:49 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser Brody View Post
Only in America can an ethnic group, MINE, have Black Awareness Month, A Black Holiday, Black Colleges, Black Dating Sites, Black Bars & Clubs, Black Business Initiatives, Black Quotas and then turn around and call everyone else racist.

Think about it. So many special things just for my community and yet we claim everyone else is the problem.
I'm sure other minority races have this as well. Such as Native Americans, Asians, and Latinos. I'm fine with all of this, just don't lecture Whites when we do that. Afterall, I prefer to be among Whites than other races.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:53 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
U.S. history and culture created that, particularly black colleges/universities, but other groups have many of those things as well.

You’re also wrong that these things can only be found in the U.S. A number of them can be found in other multicultural countries.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:56 PM

860 posts, read 321,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The only ones that can help you is democrats, and you need their help, according to them !!!
They try to tell me this.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:58 PM

860 posts, read 321,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
U.S. history and culture created that, particularly black colleges/universities, but other groups have many of those things as well.

You’re also wrong that these things can only be found in the U.S. A number of them can be found in other multicultural countries.
The only in America thing was more that we call others racist or privileged even though WE are the ones getting all the special treatment.

Old 06-08-2020, 07:58 PM

7,343 posts, read 4,370,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
I live in the United States and we don't have a A Black Holiday, Black Colleges, Black Bars & Clubs, Black Business Initiatives, Black Quotas around here. It seems like a local issue and perhaps you should look at how you vote.

I can't speak for Black Dating Sites as I have never looked or came upon one (but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist).
Was this supposed to be a serious post?

Old 06-08-2020, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Oh come on. Don't act dumb.

The US Department of Education itself designates Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Sure you can go if you aren't black, but it doesn't happen 99% of the time.

There are black sororities and fraternities. No other organization could designate itself as "historically white".
It would be run out of town. We can't have "Columbus Day" anymore because that's racist, but we can have MLK Jr. Day. We have to tear down Confederate statues but we have Black History Month. My children have learned more about Harriet Tubman than any other figure in American history.

You sound ridiculous.

I have read a hundred times that these protests are a time to finally allow "honest conversations about race in this country." The truth is, no liberal is ready for an honest conversation about race in the US.
Depending on where you are, some HBCUs have a good bit of white or other groups.

HBCUs and black frats and sororities were all established because black people were not permitted to be part of the schools/Greek groups with whites. Historically white schools don’t need to designate themselves as such because everyone know at a certain point, non-whites - especially blacks - were excluded.

We still have Columbus Day in many places but the reality is that the whole story about him discovering anything is fabricated. MLK’s work was real.

Why would you complain about Black History Month? Do you complain about German Heritage Month or Polish Heritage Month? Hispanic heritage month? Or all the other heritage months?

Old 06-08-2020, 08:10 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,354,091 times
Please...Every march in the St. Patricks day parade in NYC? I have. Even had a couple of black class mates who joined us in the March. Does that mean we were white racists? Do not think so. Just shared an interest in the followers of St. Patrick.

I grew up in a border neighborhood in Louisville. Whites and Blacks shared the neighborhood with little friction. In fact my first heavy petting engagement was with a Black lady who taught me how to have a good time without intercourse. I thought she was an angel.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:11 PM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Only in America can an ethnic group, MINE, have Black Awareness Month, A Black Holiday, Black Colleges, Black Dating Sites, Black Bars & Clubs, Black Business Initiatives, Black Quotas and then turn around and call everyone else racist.

Think about it. So many special things just for my community and yet we claim everyone else is the problem.
It's not you, it's liberals. They are never satisfied, even if you continually give them everything they ask for it will never be enough. They will always come up with something else to complain about, some new way up citing new victim-hood, some new pretense to call their opponents bad names, and demand ever new concessions.

So why do Democrat libs continue to do this? Because creating the notions of victim-hood and extolling a never ending litany of grievances is how they think will keep people voting for them.

Remember, the evil Republican barbarians are at the gate, and the only ones who can save you.... are Democrats, cuz the repubs are racist, bigoted, he-man woman hating, bible thumping, war mongers who hate everyone, and want to poison you with dirty air and dirty water, by stealing form the poor to make billionaires wealthy

Old 06-08-2020, 08:11 PM

Quote:
The only in America thing was more that we call others racist or privileged even though WE are the ones getting all the special treatment.
Nothing special about being forced to have your own colleges/universities because you’re not accepted in others. That’s how HBCUs came about. These days anyone can attend them, just like any other school. What’s the big deal?

There are a whole heap of awareness months. Why are you only bothered by your supposed group?

Other groups have their own dating sites, bar & clubs and business initiatives etc. Quotas were outlawed.

So what special treatment are you talking about?

Old 06-08-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Please...Every march in the St. Patricks day parade in NYC? I have. Even had a couple of black class mates who joined us in the March. Does that mean we were white racists? Do not think so. Just shared an interest in the followers of St. Patrick.

I grew up in a border neighborhood in Louisville. Whites and Blacks shared the neighborhood with little friction. In fact my first heavy petting engagement was with a Black lady who taught me how to have a good time without intercourse. I thought she was an angel.
Right. I love to join all the festivities where there is food and dancing! With all the heritage months, there is so much to see and eat.

I never actually dated someone of my exact ethnic makeup because it’s really rare and I’m absolutely fine with that.

Only visited Louisville once but it seemed like a nice city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies