Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2020, 04:38 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times

Advertisements

Fake News....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2020, 05:07 PM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
The Democratic Party Is Not Our Friend

Doug Jones and the Democratic Party Just Screwed Black Voters ... Again

Black Americans are in an abusive relationship with the Democratic party

Opinion: the Democrats are not your friends

It isn't just my opinion. 90% loyalty for 50+ years no matter what they do means Democrats take the black vote entirely for granted. Think what you like, vote how you like, but the Democrats don't give two s**ts about black people beyond the biennial 90% vote currency guarantee. So they pay the lip service, give people like you a headline or two that "proves!" how awesome and necessary they are, and then in the Halls of Power, they go right back to doing exactly what their GOP symbiotes do, which is figure out the best ways to divvy up all the money on K-Street and Wall Street. Don't worry though, they'll smooch your rear end a bit every two years to keep the con going.

Old 06-14-2020, 05:26 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,115,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
The Democratic Party Is Not Our Friend

Doug Jones and the Democratic Party Just Screwed Black Voters ... Again

Black Americans are in an abusive relationship with the Democratic party

Opinion: the Democrats are not your friends

It isn't just my opinion. 90% loyalty for 50+ years no matter what they do means Democrats take the black vote entirely for granted. Think what you like, vote how you like, but the Democrats don't give two s**ts about black people beyond the biennial 90% vote currency guarantee. So they pay the lip service, give people like you a headline or two that "proves!" how awesome and necessary they are, and then in the Halls of Power, they go right back to doing exactly what their GOP symbiotes do, which is figure out the best ways to divvy up all the money on K-Street and Wall Street. Don't worry though, they'll smooch your rear end a bit every two years to keep the con going.
When your bs standard is that unless every agenda item that Black people want gets passed then it's easy to claim Black people are being used by Democrats. Thankfully it's mostly the ignorant Conservatives that buy into that trash opinion.

It's why you can spout stupid arguments like... Since neither party has delivered EVERYTHING Black America wants, both parties are the same.

That's why you'll never address the argument of "who's done more” for the Black community. It's hard to sell trash opinions when anyone can look at the scoreboard and see Republicans getting smoked.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
That's why you'll never address the argument of "who's done more” for the Black community. It's hard to sell trash opinions when anyone can look at the scoreboard and see Republicans getting smoked.
Historically...it's no question the Republicans have done more for the average black American. And it isn't really close. On actual civil rights legislation since 1863 to the present, no contest.

Now, that said, "civil rights" to Leviathan means something wholly different than an anarchist like me defines it, but according to their rules and definitions...just no question that Republicans have a better record.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Historically...it's no question the Republicans have done more for the average black American. And it isn't really close. On actual civil rights legislation since 1863 to the present, no contest.

Now, that said, "civil rights" to Leviathan means something wholly different than an anarchist like me defines it, but according to their rules and definitions...just no question that Republicans have a better record.
Yep and as that scoreboard shifted, the Black vote followed.
I always knew you were a closet Republican, resorting to their easily & oft debunked talking points.

Like I said earlier... you should really take your trash opinions somewhere where they aren't going to be rejected by someone with facts on their side.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Yep and as that scoreboard shifted, the Black vote followed.
I always knew you were a closet Republican, resorting to their easily & oft debunked talking points.

Like I said earlier... you should really take your trash opinions somewhere where they aren't going to be rejected by someone with facts on their side.
I voted Republican exactly once in my entire life...in 1988. Have you read my posts? I am no special fan of Republicans, and I don't think that either they or the Democrats are any friend of black people, nor have they ever been.

If to be white is to be inherently racist, as both white privilege and systemic racism theory posit, then both major parties consistently almost entirely of rich, old white people with both vast amounts of stored wealth and currency reservoirs in the form of rich, old, white donors...yeah, I think a black person is a fool to think either party will ever care about them. Only real difference between Republicans and Democrats on that score is Republicans don't pander to blacks nearly as hard in their rhetoric. Remember the sage words of El-Hajj Malik El-Shabbazz. The white conservative may indeed be the snarling wolf, but the white liberal is the smiling, cunning fox. Both will try to kill and eat the black man, but at least with the wolf, you'll see it coming and can have enough warning to avoid it.

But go ahead. Defend the devil you made your bargain with. I know both parties are devils and want my soul, and I won't sell it. You're giving yours away on the cheap.

Old 06-14-2020, 06:36 PM

Quote:
I voted Republican exactly once in my entire life...in 1988. Have you read my posts? I am no special fan of Republicans, and I don't think that either they or the Democrats are any friend of black people, nor have they ever been.

If to be white is to be inherently racist, as both white privilege and systemic racism theory posit, then both major parties consistently almost entirely of rich, old white people with both vast amounts of stored wealth and currency reservoirs in the form of rich, old, white donors...yeah, I think a black person is a fool to think either party will ever care about them. Only real difference between Republicans and Democrats on that score is Republicans don't pander to blacks nearly as hard in their rhetoric. Remember the sage words of El-Hajj Malik El-Shabbazz. The white conservative may indeed be the snarling wolf, but the white liberal is the smiling, cunning fox. Both will try to kill and eat the black man, but at least with the wolf, you'll see it coming and can have enough warning to avoid it.

But go ahead. Defend the devil you made your bargain with. I know both parties are devils and want my soul, and I won't sell it. You're giving yours away on the cheap.
Republicans have a vested interest in knowingly spreading their lies. It benefits them. An anarchist would have no benefit in spreading Republican lies unless that person is an idiot or complicit in spreading the Republican agenda. I'll give you credit that I don't think you're an idiot, so it's the latter.

When you keep repeating the same debunked talking points that neither party has done anything for Blacks, points that I debunked in THIS thread to YOU, you're cementing your agenda. And it's not the honest representation of both parties. If you're not a Republican, you sure like dressing up like one.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:11 PM

4,472 posts, read 3,827,390 times
She's not wrong.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:29 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,212,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't care about Republicans getting another black voter... I'm glad she simply embraces the truth.

I remember reading somewhere that the truth will set you free.

Don't be tied to any party. Live for what's true in the moment.
I think most sane people know the truth, but even knowing the truth doesn't fix anything. You're still stuck choosing the lesser of two evils.

Old 06-17-2020, 09:10 AM

29,503 posts, read 14,663,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I don't care about Republicans getting another black voter... I'm glad she simply embraces the truth.

I remember reading somewhere that the truth will set you free.

Don't be tied to any party. Live for what's true in the moment.

Absolutely correct !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies