Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2020, 09:21 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times

Advertisements

Historically all cities are unstable. Basically every city to achieve 1+ million in population before modern times later suffered near complete depopulation at some point. In a good location they can repopulation later on but urban unrest, pandemics, and being the main targets in war take a toll. There is nothing new about urban riots, they are very common throughout history. Any larger city could also have mass depopulation, including NYC. Right now NYC has a trickle leaving mainly due to very high COL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2020, 09:23 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LI7788 View Post

Was the apartment made of 24k gold? I've lived on LI my entire life and can tell you that's on the extraordinarily high end for a 2 bedroom apartment in that town.
Check out Avalon Commons, a 2 bedroom starts with $2740. You add a couple of basic perks to it. (Trash collection, Parking fee etc), and get a few optional amenities, (access to the pool etc) and it jumps to around $3500.00

I am actually shocked that the prices haven't gone up since I left.

Old 06-24-2020, 09:24 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Sadly, these people will move to more moderate areas and still vote democrat. This is not a good thing.
I wish these people would stay in the dung heaps they helped make if they intend to bring their blue state values with them. No one wants these hippies....no one

Old 06-24-2020, 09:49 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
I think all that matters in NYC anymore is this:

If you are a straight white man you need to leave. For everybody else, welcome aboard.

You either hate white men and want to kill all of them, or you need to leave because we hate white men and want them all dead.

It really has become just that sick of a mindset. Unless you hate all white men and want them all dead, then it’s great.

If you think all lives matter we need to kill you and destroy your life and your entire family. Or you can join us and we can hate white men together.
Looks like we are on our way to become another South Africa.

Old 06-24-2020, 10:58 AM

268 posts, read 177,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
I think all that matters in NYC anymore is this:

If you are a straight white man you need to leave. For everybody else, welcome aboard.

You either hate white men and want to kill all of them, or you need to leave because we hate white men and want them all dead.

It really has become just that sick of a mindset. Unless you hate all white men and want them all dead, then it’s great.
Please seek therapy.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:01 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,186,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
NYC is the most important city in the world if NYC declines like Detroit it would spell the end of U.S dominance worldwide as we are literally talking a more than trillion dollar economy.

I seriously doubt NYC would ever decline below 7.5 million but don’t think it will hit 10 million either, even with its astronomical rate of Covid-19. Its the most economically and one of the most culturally relevant cities worldwide.
These postings always have uninformed opinions. NYC metro area's GDP is $1.8 trillion. The GDP for metro Detroit is $268 billion. There is simply no comparison. Besides, it's not big news that people move out of a city when the economy dives downward.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:05 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
These postings always have uninformed opinions. NYC metro area's GDP is $1.8 trillion. The GDP for metro Detroit is $268 billion. There is simply no comparison. Besides, it's not big news that people move out of a city when the economy dives downward.
Also, financial, legal, and fashion powerhouses will always be in Manhattan. There is simply no replacing this in other American cities.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:14 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,055,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Also, financial, legal, and fashion powerhouses will always be in Manhattan. There is simply no replacing this in other American cities.

I think you are mistaken. All the latest data indicates that 100% of NYC inhabitants are planning to move to very sparsely populated towns in the rural south, and that they have sworn off liberal policies and will now praise Trump and his followers for their god-fearing wisdom.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:16 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,347,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_33 View Post
I think you are mistaken. All the latest data indicates that 100% of NYC inhabitants are planning to move to very sparsely populated towns in the rural south, and that they have sworn off liberal policies and will now praise Trump and his followers for their god-fearing wisdom.
I stand corrected.

Old 06-24-2020, 06:19 PM

653 posts, read 221,766 times
AOC made I clear she does not want companies there so this could make sense. People are probably moving to where they think jobs will be, which are pretty much heading to the southern half of the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies