Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 06:36 AM

43,312 posts, read 18,428,133 times

Advertisements

And the sad thing is that the Dems are silent on this. It's like parents letting their kids have a tantrum and going around the house destroying stuff.

The Dems need to realize their base have a lot of immature, high anxiety snowflakes that get triggered easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2020, 06:39 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,651,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well there aren't many confederate statues outside of the south so what are they going to do ? Well tear down other statues of course.
This is not going to stop at the Confederate statues though...do you think they will just stop there? LOL

Old 06-15-2020, 06:39 AM

2,306 posts, read 1,708,579 times
I kept saying (in other threads) this wouldn't happen and that it was just Confederate statues being removed or vandalized. I was obviously wrong and stand corrected. This also happened in my home state (they removed a statue of Caesar Rodney. He was a signer of the Declaration of Independence but also a slave owner). Does anyone know a good side to go with crow?

Old 06-15-2020, 06:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,651,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Time to fight back and start knocking down or vandalizing liberal stuff like MLK memorials, Native American monuments, etc.
This country is not in a great position for there to be another civil war starting up. If that happens, wont have to worry about Trump being re elected, because there will not be an election in November.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:49 AM

29,857 posts, read 24,978,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Trump didn't have to call it. EVERYONE knew what was coming.

They started tearing down Confederate statues, and we were all saying, "Soon they'll be tearing down statues of the founding fathers."

We were told to shut up. We were told that the Confederates were bad people, and that their statues had to come down because slavery. We were told that nobody was coming for the founding fathers, and then we were laughed at for even suggesting it.

This is why the left has no credibility anymore. Well, one of the very many reasons. If you keep moving the goal posts, people are going to start rooting for the other team.
Yup. 10 years ago, they were laughing at us for suggesting the left was moving far left towards Marxism. Today, Obama is now considered "centrist", which at that time, he was viewed as being radically and fundamentally different from the ordinary DNC candidates. Many called him a "Marxist". Now, full blown Marxists are taking over the democratic party and pushing it towards the far left end of the spectrum. Obama was just clearing the path for the radicals to prance down.

The left keeps becoming more radical as they shift further left, and laughing at people who point it out. They laugh when people say the ideas they are coming up with and supporting are radical. The left usually responds by accusing others of doing what they are being accused of. They usually don't deny it though. They just laugh, like clowns.

Quote:
And the sad thing is that the Dems are silent on this. It's like parents letting their kids have a tantrum and going around the house destroying stuff.

The Dems need to realize their base have a lot of immature, high anxiety snowflakes that get triggered easily.
When I was growing up, I learned about the confederacy, Nazis, etc. I was taught that it is our responsibility to learn from history, so that the mistakes of the past are not repeated. I don't know what the hell is being taught to kids these days. Censorship of history and lack of discipline is not going to make for a very bright future. It seems ignorance is the desired goal.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:51 AM

52,790 posts, read 34,663,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
So did I. Year Zero stuff happening.
same here.

these idiots don't deserve a country.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:58 AM

43,312 posts, read 18,428,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
This is not going to stop at the Confederate statues though...do you think they will just stop there? LOL
It already didn't. We got a Columbus statue beheaded in the northeast.

They won't stop until there are no more statues left.
And they they will start on something else.

Old 06-15-2020, 06:59 AM

24,579 posts, read 17,321,260 times
Quote:
People that respect historical artifacts don't get triggered by statues.
They look at them and see how far we've come.

They will not destroy public property like the other side.

This is what I have been saying since all this nonsense started.

Statues are reminders of the past both good and not so good but the lessons learned should not be forgotten.

It is really sad that a black person sees a statue of Robert E Lee and sees nothing but racist oppression when what they should see is a man on a horse that fought to preserve the heritage that he and so many others believed in part of which was an imprisoned worker the slave but their fight was for so much more than that. I see a statue of a brave general and I am amazed at how far we have come since those days. That should be the lesson that all black people are taught. They are not symbols of oppression but symbols as to how far they have come since those days. They can thumb their nose at those statues but don't tear them down.

That is how I feel but then again I appreciate our History.

Old 06-15-2020, 07:08 AM

2,189 posts, read 1,411,267 times
As mentioned the other day, before we know it half the names in the US will be changed. There are connection to things out there that people don't even realize yet.

Every group of people will have something to "complain" about.

Everyone needs to get a grip and let history stand. If you don't like it, you can always move. Many of the protesters aren't even from the area that they are protesting in or protesting about.

Reminds me of the story of the Airport. They build a house right next to it and then complain about the noise...

Old 06-15-2020, 07:11 AM

2,400 posts, read 757,529 times
Just ban all statues or depictions of anyone in public places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies