Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 06:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Are we as a nation done? First the Corona hit us then the economic decline sent us to the mat and now the BLM/antifa movement is ready with the knock out blow.
I can see why Trump supporters would be discouraged. Trump sold them the idea that America was nothing but carnage, and how he was going to fix everything (EASILY), but then we went the opposite way and the US actually did turn into carnage under his watch. All he could do is sit in the bunker, watch, and blame others. There is a concentrated effort to blame others but in the end you must realize he was not the solution for anything. All he had to do is "hold the roof up" and claim credit.

I didn't vote for him, so I have no need to feel depressed about it. I knew he was a disaster from day 1. I see better times. The CBO says the 'V' curve recovery won't be a full 'V', but a partial one, meaning most of the economy will bounce back rapidly, but to get back to positive GDP growth might take years. That is not the end of the world. Play your cards accordingly. The DOW took a big jump today based on better sales data, which supports the 'V' curve (partial or not) recovery view. All Trump has to do is stay out of the way. You can vote for him again, and get 4 more of years of the same blame-game, but in the end US will recover with, or without him.

As for BLM, they vented out, rioted, and vandalized things, and now they are running out of gas. They were nowhere near close to giving US a knock out blow. What are you talking about?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-16-2020 at 08:09 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 07:04 AM

1,411 posts, read 566,307 times
Based upon the current volatile. political climate, which has been festering over the past few years, and the current repugnant, cowardly, despicable groupthink mindset regarding the odious BLM, I also believe this once great country is on the ropes.
I think 50 years tops before it breaks up, but perhaps closer to 20 years. Perhaps into 3 or 4 distinct geographic entities.
I have absolutely no faith in the political class, regardless of party; the democrats are certainly onboard with BLM, while many Republicans lack the courage to stand up to it.. All of them are vile poltroons.
The lack of leadership, and the abundance of self serving, gutless time servers in government has led to this, aided and abetted by the mendacious "media", and 40 + years of brainwashing by the education establishment.
Say what you will about Trump, and his many faults, but if the sock puppet Biden is elected, he will nod his empty head yes for everything BLM and it's idiot supporters demand, absent any criticism from what will be left of the Republican party , and certainly none from a gleeful media echo chamber.
The self-loathing, clueless masses may well get what they deserve.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:06 AM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Are we as a nation done? First the Corona hit us then the economic decline sent us to the mat and now the BLM/antifa movement is ready with the knock out blow. We are all hurting in one way or another from the 3 assaults. We have politicians that are frozen in any response out of fear of being called out by the mob and other elected leaders that are siding with the rioters and looters by caving to their demands.

Chaz? Heck the elected in Seattle are calling it the Summer of Love.

The AG in my state said at a rally that "sometimes the forest has to burn to promote new growth". It not her property that is being destroyed and torched..

They like to blame Trump for it all as if this wouldn't have happened under Hillary, reminder we had riots under Obama and he applauded BLM. Do people really think that Biden has all the answers? Do they really think that if elected all this strife will vanish?

The mob is gearing up to run the show right into the ground and our elected are running scared. If you don't kneel fast enough the mob will destroy you. BLM enjoys complete immunity from criticism. One can be fired from their job, or literally beaten up for saying "all lives matter".

Tucker Carlson had an excellent opinion piece last night

https://www.foxnews.com/category/sho...kers-monologue

He talks about the popularity of BLM and how they got there through shaming people and destruction. If you disagree with them they will burn you down. They are beholding to no one and that is scary.

Whether Trump or Biden is in the WH next year this "movement" is not going to stop. They are now shaping our politics by influencing our weak elected to bend to their demands. Are reparations coming down the line?

So what happens when the BLM movement influences our elected to disband the Police and suddenly the criminals can operate without worry?

We have the Corona that is here to stay and now we have a violent movement where the rioters when they are actually arrested they are quickly released and the charges dropped against them. How much of America has to burn? Did you plan on traveling this Summer? Do you have fear of taking a wrong turn off the road and into the middle of a riot or stuck in traffic for hours due to protesters shutting down the road?

It has been a nice run for America but I fear we are done and that is sad because there is so much still to see and do or at least there was.
Nice run? Hardly.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:12 AM

2,008 posts, read 1,248,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is the disease. Biden is the medicine. It's gonna be OK.
funniest thing I’ve read in a while!

Old 06-16-2020, 07:15 AM

2,400 posts, read 755,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump is the disease. Biden is the medicine. It's gonna be OK.
Wow

Old 06-16-2020, 07:18 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,215,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Well, I'd rather a POTUS pondering pudding than whom he can screw over every day and what meaningless nonsense he can pat himself on the back for allegedly doing.

Please give us some examples of what you are charging him with.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:23 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,076,143 times
Like the fall of Rome. The barbarians are at the gates and we'll go into the dark ages. Mercury in the vaccines must have been the reason just like lead in the drinking vessels of Rome.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:26 AM

7,272 posts, read 4,215,852 times
Quote:
A famous Republican Senator said it far better than I ever could: “What is Donald Trump’s campaign about?
He’s a race baiting, xenophobic religious bigot. You know how you make America great again? Tell Donald Trump to go to Hell.”

That senator is now one of his biggest supporters after realizing Trump was right, his love for America and his tireless effort to enforce the laws on the books. Not to mention the crap pulled by the Dem leadership over the last 3.5 years. Dems want whatever they want and will do anything to get it. Break laws, commit treason, promise free handouts and stand behind anarchists who destroy property and kill cops. Their actions speak louder than words.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:32 AM

21,945 posts, read 9,513,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
That senator is now one of his biggest supporters after realizing Trump was right, his love for America and his tireless effort to enforce the laws on the books. Not to mention the crap pulled by the Dem leadership over the last 3.5 years. Dems want whatever they want and will do anything to get it. Break laws, commit treason, promise free handouts and stand behind anarchists who destroy property and kill cops. Their actions speak louder than words.
I have been watching Hillary's America with my kids. The history of the Democrat Party is unbelievable. I encourage everyone to watch it. This goes WAY deeper and way further back than Trump.

Old 06-16-2020, 07:32 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
None of this is Trumps fault. Do you really think we would be in a better spot with the corona shut downs if Hillary had been in charge? The only difference would be the media would not be hammering the negative news. They never talk about the people that have survived the virus but boy we hear about the rolling death tally every hour of the day.

What can Biden do to help us out of this mess? Biden has been in politics for 40 years and he did nothing during the race riots, rise of BLM and hate groups like antifa when he was VP with Obama so what is he going to do if he was the President?

I can hear him now addressing the country, "come on man stop the violence, if you do I will let you feel the hair on my legs".

If Biden wins he could be the first President to take a knee at his inauguration...

The media is downplaying the looting and riots and telling us that Chaz is a terrific place full of Patriots just seeking change and equality...

Trump or Biden it is not going to matter to the mob but it will matter to our very future.
Stop your brown nosing.

It’s pathetic.

Trump failed to react to covid.

Trump failed to react to the riots.

Trump has failed. Over and over and over and over and over.

There is zero leadership at the federal level.

We just have some moron saying if we stop testing our case numbers will go down.

Who says dumb **** like that? And says stuff like that regularly?

Oh yeah... the failure in the White House...

It’s obvious it’s not bad enough yet for you because you’re still making excuses. When it gets as bad as you claim you’ll stop with excuses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies