Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2020, 02:13 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with race, but let's be honest - EVERYTHING is going to be accused of being about race. EVERYTHING.

When people call the police, everyone says, 'Geeze, why didn't they just ask the guy....' And when someone asks the guy, they say, 'Geeze, why doesn't everyone just mind their business?'

This is insanity and it truly is meant to silence everyone about everything. We're just all going to go along or risk backlash and job loss.

I COULD walk over a dead body but will politely not mention it because if I say, 'Oh my God, there's a dead man here!' and they roll the body over and find it's a man who went through life identifying as a woman, I'm screwed.
First, the race thing is maddening and I wish we didn't have to deal with it because it has nothing to do with anything. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

I remember Lil Wayne on ESPN once saying something like he's never dealt with racism. He's blessed. Look at him. Why the hell would I hate white people? Overwhelmingly they've been much nicer to me and I've made more money off them, morally made, than I ever could off most of the minorities I've dealt with in my life.

If we could get the Left to drop the racial aspect and make it about the behavior and behavior alone in determining how the market reacts...it would be magnificent.

Now, not to be outdone, we have to remember that many on the Right are more than happy to serve the race card right back to the Left because that allows them to take the focus off their dirty laundry (law and order is a sham - Laquan McDonald in your backyard proves that).

But there's the rub: neither side wants to stand on a principle or face the fact that their own blank stinks as well.

For me, at least in this one specific case, going by the interview this dude looked exasperated as in he has been in a similar situation many times before. Maybe he was tired of using honey. It's his right to be tired if that's the case.

People need to figure out a way to interact. Even I know how to do it. It can't be that hard.

This gets back to what cops are called for in the first place. Like the guy said, she was going to call the fuzz on him for this? Even if he was vandalizing someone else's property is that the best way to go about it?

I understand I'm going to be biased being an anarchist but this gets back to people not treating others how they want to be treated as well as being two different people: one at home where they work through their problems...for the most part and the other being out in society where they will go crazy and threaten to call the cops for no reason whatsoever.

Whatever. I'll be in my apartment. You all are weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2020, 02:15 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What kind of moronic company does she work for that would fire someone for that?
A company that doesn't want the mob of slobbering, woke twatters to start of campaign of social shaming, organized boycotts or even violence.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:15 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I can agree that she was stupid to confront him for that, but he was a jerk for escalating it to that level. How would you like it if we went into your past and judge your mistakes or bad actions and dealt out punishment accordingly? No apology will do the trick either. I believe in second chances and restorative justice.

I don’t know if you know this, but you are making the conservative argument. Conservatives are supposed to be the ones that are for dealing out punishments and not giving second chances to redeem themselves. It sounds like the people who said I had to pay by not getting a good government job because I got caught with marijuana a couple years prior.

If you want to take the conservative side, then so be it, but own up to it. I’m starting to see a little bit of the horseshoe theory in your post. You aren’t a liberal to me if you support the punishment for this kind of nonsense.
Nope. Nice try.

The only reason these folks want a second chance is because she is white. It’s not because of their politics or being liberal or conservative.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:16 PM

46,967 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Nothing more snowflakey than the people who pull out their phones whenever their feewings are hurt.
The woman's husband had her phone out. Now what?

Old 06-16-2020, 02:17 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
What kind of moronic company does she work for that would fire someone for that?
Her husband was fired from Raymond James, a wealth management firm. She owns a skincare line and has a personal net worth between 1-5 million.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:18 PM

3,307 posts, read 1,219,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
She got herself fired. Don’t you guys dare make her out to be some victim.

She could’ve minded her business but nope. She had to lie and double down.

Now the guy painting is a bully for videotaping her behavior? Lmao.

You guys are hilarious at playing the victim.
You’re only saying this because at this very moment you act with the “approved” behavior. If you don’t see some behavior control, 1984 type stuff here, then I don’t know what to tell you. I have made my mistakes in the past, have had run ins with the law. I know how much it sucks to be punished disproportionately for a small lapse in judgement that follows you around. Do you think this was an equal and opposite reaction to what was the initial action? If you do, I suggest you go back and learn some physics.

This kind of policing behavior with a disproportionate punishment has to stop. If what she did would interfere with the duties of her job, then I can understand, but I haven’t seen evidence of that.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:18 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,657,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
First, the race thing is maddening and I wish we didn't have to deal with it because it has nothing to do with anything. N-O-T-H-I-N-G.

I remember Lil Wayne on ESPN once saying something like he's never dealt with racism. He's blessed. Look at him. Why the hell would I hate white people? Overwhelmingly they've been much nicer to me and I've made more money off them, morally made, than I ever could off most of the minorities I've dealt with in my life.

If we could get the Left to drop the racial aspect and make it about the behavior and behavior alone in determining how the market reacts...it would be magnificent.

Now, not to be outdone, we have to remember that many on the Right are more than happy to serve the race card right back to the Left because that allows them to take the focus off their dirty laundry (law and order is a sham - Laquan McDonald in your backyard proves that).

But there's the rub: neither side wants to stand on a principle or face the fact that their own blank stinks as well.

For me, at least in this one specific case, going by the interview this dude looked exasperated as in he has been in a similar situation many times before. Maybe he was tired of using honey. It's his right to be tired if that's the case.

People need to figure out a way to interact. Even I know how to do it. It can't be that hard.

This gets back to what cops are called for in the first place. Like the guy said, she was going to call the fuzz on him for this? Even if he was vandalizing someone else's property is that the best way to go about it?

I understand I'm going to be biased being an anarchist but this gets back to people not treating others how they want to be treated as well as being two different people: one at home where they work through their problems...for the most part and the other being out in society where they will go crazy and threaten to call the cops for no reason whatsoever.

Whatever. I'll be in my apartment. You all are weird.
Wayne has been famous since he was 15. If most of us had people of all races kissing our backside for 20 years we would probably be jaded too when it comes to race.

But then again, I think Wayne just knows who butters his bread these days. Same with Kanye. Their crowds no longer look like them and they will cater to them until they no longer put money over morals.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:20 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Exactly.

She's a moron.

People are going to have to get over the fact that they can't bully people for no reason whatsoever and expect to come out unscathed.
Well, unless they are liberal or POC, then they are heralded as heros.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:21 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Nope. Nice try.

The only reason these folks want a second chance is because she is white. It’s not because of their politics or being liberal or conservative.
In your opinion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Old 06-16-2020, 02:21 PM

2,188 posts, read 1,383,948 times
Quote:
I don't know about that nor do I care.

That's their problem. Not mine.

You do seem to care an awful lot about race given your post history.
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies