Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2020, 07:19 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,599,663 times

Advertisements

Active Self Protection is a good channel to see real shooting

https://youtu.be/Z0L-2_75Ark
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2020, 07:49 PM

10,181 posts, read 11,169,862 times
Didn't the media - Claim the Officers were kicking him while he laid there. I saw nothing of the sort?

They acted very professional, until He started getting cuffed. He committed several felonies on these cops

I watched the whole video - I would suggest anyone to watch it.

I doubt criminal charges will Stick...

Old 06-19-2020, 07:51 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Didn't the media - Claim the Officers were kicking him while he laid there. I saw nothing of the sort?

They acted very professional, until He started getting cuffed. He committed several felonies on these cops

I watched the whole video - I would suggest anyone to watch it.

I doubt criminal charges will Stick...
I watched it all !!! I agree !!!

The mob is not going to like the outcome !!!

Old 06-19-2020, 08:21 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
It's a good pro-police analysis. A good lawyer would see some of the inconsistencies there.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
It's a good pro-police analysis. A good lawyer would see some of the inconsistencies there.
like what? Can you be more articulate than this?

The guy in the video, John, is articulate with his explanation and he cited GA law. You are the opposite

Old 06-19-2020, 08:42 PM

Also remember you don't have to be right, you just have to be reasonable...What would a reasonable person or officer do in the same circumstances.

What that cop did is totally reasonable for a reasonable person in the same situation, and not 20/20 hindsight vision

Old 06-19-2020, 08:44 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

The guy in the video, John, is articulate with his explanation and he cited GA law. You are the opposite
Really the only thing John said that was wrong was, he told him he was under arrest !!!
The cop didn't use those words but the words he did use Brooks understood quite well !!!
No doubt he knew he was under arrest !!! Put your hands behind your back isn't a question !!!

Old 06-19-2020, 08:48 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
This guy called DUI a "murder in progress".

Sorry, can't take anything someone says seriously after uttering that.

Old 06-19-2020, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Really the only thing John said that was wrong was, he told him he was under arrest !!!
The cop didn't use those words but the words he did use Brooks understood quite well !!!
No doubt he knew he was under arrest !!! Put your hands behind your back isn't a question !!!
Yeah, cops telling you to place your hands behind your back is not to test your flexibility or to check out your deltoid muscles

A reasonable person should know that he is being detained or under arrest when cops told him to place his hands behind his back.

Keyword: reasonable person

Old 06-19-2020, 08:59 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post

I watched the video only once. Based on that video, here is what I saw:

The officer claimed he shot the suspect in self-defense because the suspect was shooting at him and he feared for his life. It was mentioned that the officer said they (he and his partner) did not know if the suspect had a gun. He saw a flash and heard a noise directed at him by the suspect. He took out his weapon and shot the suspect. I get the impression that the officer did not think the suspect was using the taser that he stole from them earlier.

Didn't he and his partner talk about the suspect taking their taser earlier? If it could be established that officer was aware that the weapon the suspect was using was the taser, not a gun, which is considered to be less-lethal or even non-lethal, then the question becomes: was a lethal response necessary?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies