Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2020, 12:49 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
I went to a July 4th party. Apparently, one person felt "under the weather." Next day he has a cough, fever, and his wife is bed-ridden with flu like symptoms. Then his friend comes down with a cough/fever 1 day later, also was at the party (and we all shared a jacuzzi at the end). His friend's wife, happens to be a friend of mine. She shared a bed, but otherwise is not symptomatic. On Wednesday, 2 days after she shared a bed with her husband who came down with a cough/fever, we met up, and even hugged. I had no worry in the world. If i get it, I get it. Now, none have been tested for Covid-19, so maybe this is just a coincidence.

But as for exposing myself to a positive patient, I know of none. I don't work in a hospital, but if I know of one, it won't bother me to shake their hand, hug them, all without a mask.
Enjoy your hospital bed. I'll be visiting asia, where covid is about as common as smallpox.

Old 07-10-2020, 12:51 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,385,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's swell of you to take one for the team, but are you sure you'd "get your life back" after contracting the disease? Surviving it isn't a sure thing.

I've read enough about this disease to know I don't want it. I don't want anyone I know to get it.

If we'd taken this disease seriously early on, perhaps we wouldn't be where we are now - back where we started in March. Lovely.
some ppl survive, but with permanent damage to their bodies. Yeah, no thanks.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:06 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Enjoy your hospital bed. I'll be visiting asia, where covid is about as common as smallpox.
Not easily. How many Asian countries are accepting Americans these days?

Old 07-10-2020, 01:07 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times
Houston ICU's full; Covid patients being treated in ER's

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...id-19-n1233430

Old 07-10-2020, 01:07 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's swell of you to take one for the team, but are you sure you'd "get your life back" after contracting the disease? Surviving it isn't a sure thing.

I've read enough about this disease to know I don't want it. I don't want anyone I know to get it.

If we'd taken this disease seriously early on, perhaps we wouldn't be where we are now - back where we started in March. Lovely.
It's not about wanting to get it or not. Or wanting your relatives to get it or not. We're all getting it. The cat is out of the bag. I want to get it sooner than later so I can resume my life.

Old 07-10-2020, 01:38 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,711,302 times
Quote:
It's not about wanting to get it or not. Or wanting your relatives to get it or not. We're all getting it. The cat is out of the bag. I want to get it sooner than later so I can resume my life.
Please don't be shortsighted. This cootie is dangerous. We are in the early stages of learning about it and the myriad consequences of being infected. There is no guarantee that you will be able to resume your life as you desire. Wear a mask. Physically distance. Wash your hands frequently. Avoid crowds. Be proactive and try not to become infected. Talk to someone more knowledgeable--- than we posters on CD---such as your family physician.

Additionally there is no guarantee that "having it" produces any or enough antibodies to protect you from a symptomatic or asymptomatic recurrence or reinfection. Please, for your sake, and for all those in your life that care about you, and whom you care about, do not be impatient.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 07-10-2020 at 01:58 PM..

Old 07-10-2020, 02:31 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,497,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Variable View Post
That's 91,000 dead Floridians over the next 6 months if 500/deaths day in Florida alone. You're ok with 91,000 unnecessary deaths because Republican politicians are gambling to keep the economy open, so they can win the election? This in ONE state.
So Florida should stay shut down for the next 6 months. Got it. Stay shut down and never reopen or else you die.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:36 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
So Florida should stay shut down for the next 6 months. Got it. Stay shut down and never reopen or else you die.
I don't think that's possible. But mandating masks and social distancing would help. At least do the basis things.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:39 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
I don't think that's possible. But mandating masks and social distancing would help. At least do the basic things. You have a president who runs around all over the place like the country is his playground, merrily denying that we are in the midst of a pandemic. It would help if he started taking this a little more seriously. I would venture to guess that lots more people, especially his supporters, would start wearing masks if he would. And maybe he should listen to the medical experts and scientists as well, not ignore or worse, castigate them. What a feckless leader we have. But of course, this entire virus is all about him.

Old 07-10-2020, 02:50 PM

41,965 posts, read 75,217,462 times
Quote:
And you're so positive you'll survive? Positive you won't be left with lasting health complications? Do you know something the rest of us don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies