Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 08:31 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,975,706 times

Advertisements

Look out, Portland, you ain't seen nothin' yet. It's hordes of moms in yellow shirts, chanting

“I don’t see no riot here; take off your riot gear,” and “Feds stay clear, moms are here!” Officers tear gassed them last night, but they came back tonight in bigger numbers.

Gotta love Moms!! "Use your words, use your words".

https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...vrAGXiIOFqWusw
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 08:47 AM

174 posts, read 61,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Look out, Portland, you ain't seen nothin' yet. It's hordes of moms in yellow shirts, chanting

“I don’t see no riot here; take off your riot gear,” and “Feds stay clear, moms are here!” Officers tear gassed them last night, but they came back tonight in bigger numbers.

Gotta love Moms!! "Use your words, use your words".

https://heathercoxrichardson.substac...vrAGXiIOFqWusw
So I guess all of the property destruction, arson and assault over these last weeks never happened?

Old 07-20-2020, 08:49 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterplease909 View Post
So I guess all of the property destruction, arson and assault over these last weeks never happened?
No, that all happened. I just think that very often, all you need is an army of moms, and things get fixed.

How cool will it be to be rioting/protesting in the streets if there's a wall of middle aged moms right there with you? Not cool, is the answer.

Like when the moms took over facebook. Edgy young people scattered to a variety of other mediums.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:51 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
This will all go very well. The first mom to get hit with a plastic bottle pee bomb will just shrug her shoulders and carry on, I’m certain.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This will all go very well. The first mom to get hit with a plastic bottle pee bomb will just shrug her shoulders and carry on, I’m certain.
I don't see it that way.

If more moms come, armed with their rhyming chants that make sense, the crowds will likely dissipate. So far, they haven't been deterred, so there has likely been one or more who have been hit by plastic bottles. And yes, I believe they'll shrug their shoulders and carry on. And if it grows, in several more days there will be no one left but the feds and the moms, who by that time will have organized little concession areas to provide water and granola bars manned by volunteers.

Because, you know, moms.

Old 07-20-2020, 08:56 AM

No rioting in Portland! Nothing to see here folks! This is just a peaceful protest

Last edited by fasterplease909; 07-20-2020 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: text

Old 07-20-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
No, that all happened. I just think that very often, all you need is an army of moms, and things get fixed.

How cool will it be to be rioting/protesting in the streets if there's a wall of middle aged moms right there with you? Not cool, is the answer.

Like when the moms took over facebook. Edgy young people scattered to a variety of other mediums.
So mothers are going to stand by in approval when someone is beaten for carrying an American flag or standing in support of our police?

Old 07-20-2020, 09:00 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,510,294 times
Quote:
I don't see it that way.

If more moms come, armed with their rhyming chants that make sense, the crowds will likely dissipate. So far, they haven't been deterred, so there has likely been one or more who have been hit by plastic bottles. And yes, I believe they'll shrug their shoulders and carry on. And if it grows, in several more days there will be no one left but the feds and the moms, who by that time will have organized little concession areas to provide water and granola bars manned by volunteers.

Because, you know, moms.
I’m sure the battle-helmeted Antifa members will feel pangs of sentiment for their mamas and cease their daily riot operation post haste. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterplease909 View Post
So mothers are going to stand by in approval when someone is beaten for carrying an American flag or standing in support of our police?
I'm interested to see how this will play out. From where I sit, this has the genius of Solomon.

What self-respecting rioter wants the visual of him rioting while he's being protected by a group of moms?

34,232 posts, read 18,590,367 times
So the "Moms" are not only lying about there not being rioting, but also rioting themselves to prove there is no rioting. Can't make this stuff up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies