Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 11:10 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasterplease909 View Post

No rioting in Portland! Nothing to see here folks! This is just a peaceful protest
Another liberal paradise
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 11:12 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,073,569 times
This explains a lot.

It's bad parenting. Children who were raised poorly are now destroying and rioting and their clueless mothers are still enabling them and making excuses for them.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:13 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
No, this is law enforcement explicitly breaking the law themselves. Of course that enrages more people. It should upset every patriot.
Spin of an advocate for terrorists carries no weight.

The Feds aren't breaking the law. They are arresting people involved in terrorism, including attacks on cops and federal buildings.

That you would incorrectly cite the law in their defense, so that they can continue to terrorize and attack, is the worst nihilism.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:14 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Such denialism that this is not going on or is not legitimate. Open your eyes and drop your hatred for a minute. Examine what the feds are doing.

"What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening" - Trump

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." - Orwell

If you think the ends justify the means you are no different than those that would seize guns because some are used illegally.
Explain to us 'Why are people rioting in Portland?'

Old 07-20-2020, 11:23 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,398,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
You were certainly right I'm not a lawyer.

Dispersing peaceful crowds with mace doesn't go over well, as we all saw when Trump did it.

It's not a good optic for your team.

Because you know, some of us still want to keep the First Amendment intact.
A Leftist citing First Ammendment Rights in 2020 is ironic, considering the broad Left's endorsement of cancel culture and censorhip in a variety of spheres.

Wasn't it you people who tried to appeal to "norms" when you didn't like what Trump was saying on his way to the White House, after your candidates tried to box him in with rhetoric that you thought would prevent him from stating something more effective? Yup, that was your "team".

So, please, with your cynical, disingenuous appeal to the first ammendment to cover for violent terrorists.

We aren't worried about optics with you. Trust me. If you think that's the case, then you haven't moved on from 2016 yet and into the new reality. No one is going to pander to your demand to what looks and sounds acceptable.

Rioting is not a first ammendment Right. No protestor has the innate Right to mix in with rioters and not be arrested as such, anymore than you have the inante right to mix in with a gang who assaults someone and not be arrested as an accomplice of such. That's how it works.

The Right to Protest is not an inviolable get out of jail free card. Its granted right has conditions that assure it doesn't turn into a violation of the rights of non-protestors: like the Rights to life and property.

Portland antifa needs to be RICOed, in total, and tried as a mafia or as domesitc terrorists. Dealers choice.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:24 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I don't think these are the moms of the rioters. Just a guess.

I think these are the women from the demographic that held the largest peaceful protest in US history - the women who participated in the Women's March on Washington in 2017.
so their gig is being anti-Trump?

Old 07-20-2020, 11:24 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
FROM ARTICLE: "When Wallace asked him how he would “regard your years as President of the United States,” Trump said: “I think I was very unfairly treated. From before I even won I was under investigation by a bunch of thieves, crooks. It was an illegal investigation.” No doubt it's important to understand that Trump puts Trump first, not America. If he thought putting federal troops in Portland wouldn't help his reelection chances, then he would not have done it.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:25 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I’m telling you they are being used as pawns. They will allow them to be pepper sprayed to further the cause. The moms will leave once the real sh*t goes down. Of course they are only going to show you the footage that they want you to see.
is there footage of them being pepper-sprayed? I see the 6 seconds of a chant, but that obviously precedes any police action.

Old 07-20-2020, 11:26 AM

17,308 posts, read 12,255,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
A Leftist citing First Ammendment Rights in 2020 is ironic, considering the broad Left's endorsement of cancel culture and censorhip in a variety of spheres.
Such a fundamental misunderstanding of the 1st.
https://xkcd.com/1357/

Old 07-20-2020, 11:26 AM

174 posts, read 61,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beer_and_Sticks View Post
Moms failed when they raised their rug rats to be disrespectful angry violent thugs.

We don't need moms to solve this problem here in Portland. We need law enforcement.
Yes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies