Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2020, 02:15 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
It doesn't work like that.
Yes, it works exactly like that.

If you are invested in downplaying it, then knock yourself out, but people deserve to know the truth so they can take measures to minimize the risk.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:15 PM

8,241 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
The only way to do that is shut down completely except for grocery stores and the essentials. People aren’t going to behave responsibly here. If we should have shut down 30-45 days to begin with, we would probably already be out of the woods by now. Now it’s too late. We can’t even do effective contact tracing
They already did that in KY from March to June (after lying and saying it was only going to be for a couple of weeks). It didn't change anything except to financially devastate many people.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:16 PM

23,977 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I'd like to know the ages and what underlying conditions dead and hospitalized people had. There is a pattern that is unreported. I guess the media wants to keep the fear mongering going instead of reassuring people that the odds are actually in their favor

You can't compare a small population's cases, hospitalizations and deaths with a large population's numbers. Also we never hear about people who recovered. I heard Rush this morning quoting some study, don't recall which, that said out of 1.7M hospitalizations, 1.5M recovered.

Is this about the virus or about the election?
Jesus H. Christ.

The world has only been aware of this Covid 19 virus version since early spring. Do you expect the medical people to know how to conjure up a complete treatment plan for all ages and all medical preexisting conditions in a few months? If they don't the media is lying?

Especially when it mutates? One can be asymptomatic. One can be incubating it for +/- 2 weeks and not know they are shedding it to all around them.

There is one good thing. It there was ever any doubt the virus has identified the nitwits among us.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:16 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,118,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, it works exactly like that.
No it doesn't. I'm not downplaying it, I'm putting it into perspective for you, and correcting you when you say things that are wrong.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:20 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
Quote:
No it doesn't. I'm not downplaying it, I'm putting it into perspective for you, and correcting you when you say things that are wrong.
Those attempting to engage in fearmongering understandably despise those who put things in proper perspective. You are ruining his talking points....and he JUST got them.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:26 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
The 7 day average in Florida is 75 and you keep talking about 40, so of course you are downplaying it. A total of 135 000 American have died, and you pretend that its means nothing because those people would have died anyway. Everyone will die anyway, but instead of dying 10 years from now, they are dying now. Your comments practically define the work "downplay".

Downplay = make (something) appear less important than it really is.

All we need is a clear message, but it seems a mission impossible when Trump and his leg humpers are so deeply invested in downplaying the issue.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:32 PM

Quote:
The 7 day average in Florida is 75 and you keep talking about 40, so of course you are downplaying it. A total of 135 000 American have died, and you pretend that its means nothing because those people would have died anyway. Everyone will die anyway, but instead of dying 10 years from now, they are dying now. Your comments practically define the work "downplay".

Downplay = make (something) appear less important than it really is.
The median age for COVID-19 deaths in the US is 81years old, the median life expectancy in the US overall is 78.

Tell me again how much longer those people were going to live.....

Old 07-13-2020, 02:32 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Or better perspective, about as many people as we lose to COPD per year.....or about half as many people as die every year due to complications from diabetes......or about 1/3 as many people that die from things related to obesity.

Imagine if we were dealing with something as dangerous as McDonalds or cigarettes.
This is quite more than just deaths, this shut down schools and businesses. It’s not just about deaths, what is the purpose of these comparisons.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This is quite more than just deaths, this shut down schools and businesses. It’s not just about deaths, what is the purpose of these comparisons.
If you wanted to overreact to COPD deaths by shutting down schools and businesses, it would have the same effect.

Old 07-13-2020, 02:38 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,106,096 times
Quote:
Let's be clear about it, not just 'breitbart clear': Texas reports highest number of hospitalized coronavirus patients since outbreak began.

Covid hospitalizations have been going up every day.

https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/AdditionalData.aspx

Your have been lied to. Your president and your VP are lying to you.

It is what it is, but you are free to believe anything you want.
James Woods feels the same as I. It's darned difficult to get accurate information. The other day the majors pointed out that ICU's were full in Arizona. I found that 21% per CoV exacerbations and the rest other diagnosis.

Another poster stated that 16 friends went to a bar in Florida and all of them tested positive. What is left out is how many became ill/were hospitalized/died.

I can tell you that I am getting many calls from those states for ICU Nurses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies