Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2020, 07:25 PM

407 posts, read 123,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Plus, they are counting each positive test as a new case, even if it's the same person. So, if a person keeps testing positive then people are seeing the number of results thinking it's more than one person.
Do you have a source for that?

Old 07-13-2020, 07:42 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Another denier is lost to his ignorance.

30-year-old dies after attending 'Covid party' in Texas
Patient said: ‘I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not’, according to health official

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...id-party-texas

A 30-year-old patient died after attending a “Covid party”, believing the virus to be a hoax, a Texas medical official has said.

“Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said ‘I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not,’” said Dr Jane Appleby, the chief medical officer at Methodist hospital in San Antonio.

Appleby said: “I don’t want to be an alarmist, and we’re just trying to share some real-world examples to help our community realise that this virus is very serious and can spread easily.”

A “Covid party” is a gathering held by somebody diagnosed with coronavirus to see if the virus is real and to see if anyone gets infected, she explained.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:43 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,495,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jax_G View Post
Do you have a source for that?
Someone posted a thread about it some time ago. Virginia is one of the states doing it.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:53 PM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
“Just before the patient died, they looked at their nurse and said ‘I think I made a mistake, I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not,’” said Dr Jane Appleby, the chief medical officer at Methodist hospital in San Antonio.

Appleby said: “I don’t want to be an alarmist, and we’re just trying to share some real-world examples to help our community realise that this virus is very serious and can spread easily.”

A person with an agenda might make up something like that.

Old 07-13-2020, 07:57 PM

407 posts, read 123,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
Someone posted a thread about it some time ago. Virginia is one of the states doing it.
So, you don't have a source
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
OMG with the fake oscillating. You had me for a minute. It's just more bullshi gasligting. Never ends.

Old 07-13-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
And a paranoid conspiracy theorist thinks everyone is just making stuff up for whatever reason.

Old 07-13-2020, 08:03 PM

Quote:
And a paranoid conspiracy theorist thinks everyone is just making stuff up for whatever reason.

Well who exactly heard these alleged last words? Don't tell me the chief medical officer was personally attending to dying patients. Or even that the attending nurse discusses cases with the chief medical officer. It's hearsay.

Old 07-13-2020, 08:07 PM

7,359 posts, read 6,529,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
We're probably not going to get either. It's not what we want, it's what we get. They will produce some drugs that ameliorate some symptoms in some cases. Any vaccine they produce will probably be less effective than the current flu vaccines.

Our destinies is to live with Covid-19 from now on. We will all catch it, multiple times. If our bodies don't know how to fight it, we will die sooner vs later. That's it.
We HAVE a treatment, same as we've had for decades for respiratory infections. A steroid and an antibiotic. But the official guidance is "do nothing" so not everyone gets proper treatment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
The death rate is not lower. We just test more. So we catch more mild cases. Also the median age of those testing + for Covid-19 is now in the 30s vs in the 60s back in March. It's not like people in their 30s weren't getting Covid-19 back in March, it's just we weren't testing them.
Except the numerical death rate WILL be lower if we test more and find out it's really widespread.
Quote:
Do you have any idea how many "paranoid conspiracies" have been proven to be true over just the past few years?

Old 07-13-2020, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Well who exactly heard these alleged last words? Don't tell me the chief medical officer was personally attending to dying patients. Or even that the attending nurse discusses cases with the chief medical officer. It's hearsay.
Let's read it together, shall we:

Dr Jane Appleby, the chief medical officer at Methodist hospital in San Antonio.

A “Covid party” is a gathering held by somebody diagnosed with coronavirus to see if the virus is real and to see if anyone gets infected, she explained.

Appleby said in her filmed comments at the weekend that she had been spurred to reveal the case after seeing a “concerning” rise in infections. She said 22% of tests were revealing a case of Covid-19, up from just 5% a few weeks ago.

A broader age range were being affected, with several 20 and 30 year olds critically ill at the Methodist hospital, she said.

“Please wear a mask, stay at home when you can, avoid groups of people and sanitise your hands,” said Appleby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
Do you have any idea how many "paranoid conspiracies" have been proven to be true over just the past few years?
Feel free to believe anything you want.

Old 07-13-2020, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Let's read it together, shall we:

Dr Jane Appleby, the chief medical officer at Methodist hospital in San Antonio.

Appleby said in her filmed comments at the weekend that she had been spurred to reveal the case after seeing a “concerning” rise in infections. She said 22% of tests were revealing a case of Covid-19, up from just 5% a few weeks ago.

A broader age range were being affected, with several 20 and 30 year olds critically ill at the Methodist hospital, she said.

“Please wear a mask, stay at home when you can, avoid groups of people and sanitise your hands,” said Appleby.

I've read it on various sites. What's your point? You can bold all the irrelevant parts you want. The fact remains that she wasn't personally there and didn't hear it herself. And we don't even know the name of the nurse who was there much less have his/her account. She can retell the story to the press all she wants but she admitted to having an agenda to get out a message.

From a San Antonio newsite, the city where it happened:
“One of the things that was heart wrenching that he said to his nurse was, you know, I think I made a mistake. And this young man went to a COVID party,” said Dr. Jane Appleby, Chief Medical Officer at Methodist Hospital.
https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2020...ovid-19-party/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies