Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2020, 11:02 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,747,375 times

Advertisements

I got a question for the right wingers who voted to re-elect Bush Jr in 2004 but probably won't vote to re-elect Trump.

Bush Jr was a terrible president but won re-election back in 2004 with approval ratings in the 40's.

How can they vote for him again but not Trump?

In my opinion, Trump is the best out of the past several presidents.

After Bush Jr's presidency ended most Republicans hated him (including me).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2020, 11:05 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,555,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
I got a question for the right wingers who voted to re-elect Bush Jr in 2004 but probably won't vote to re-elect Trump.

Bush Jr was a terrible president but won re-election back in 2004 with approval ratings in the 40's.

Mediocre, but no hate from me.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:11 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Didn’t like him, but Americans wanted him. Same with Obama.

Old 06-17-2020, 11:12 PM

316 posts, read 155,509 times
Republicans who voted for Bush but not Trump are not conservatives. They are mostly war hawks who supported the GOP because they favored higher military spending. On most other issues, they largely agree with the Democratic party agenda. Many were aupportive of Obama because he was a hawkish president who got us involved several wars. Trump campaigned against many of the wars that the hawkish Republicans supported and he also has been skeptical of our relationship with our NATO allies. Because Trump wants to reduce our global military presence, Democrats want to maintain it. Hawkish Republicans will keep voting Democrat until the GOP goes back to its hawkish ways.

Old 06-18-2020, 01:29 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,556,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_Henry View Post
Republicans who voted for Bush but not Trump are not conservatives. They are mostly war hawks who supported the GOP because they favored higher military spending. On most other issues, they largely agree with the Democratic party agenda. Many were aupportive of Obama because he was a hawkish president who got us involved several wars. Trump campaigned against many of the wars that the hawkish Republicans supported and he also has been skeptical of our relationship with our NATO allies. Because Trump wants to reduce our global military presence, Democrats want to maintain it. Hawkish Republicans will keep voting Democrat until the GOP goes back to its hawkish ways.
Trump is way more left wing than Bush.

Old 06-18-2020, 03:25 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post

? You ask this question like the election is already over. No one predicted that he would win 4 years ago, what makes you think you can predict it now?

Old 06-18-2020, 04:32 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,848,003 times
Excerpt:Bush Jr was a terrible president but won re-election back in 2004 with approval ratings in the 40's.

Response:
President Donald Trump has no opposition of merit. The Democratic Part inability to produce any figure of substance is blasphemous at best...

Old 06-18-2020, 04:43 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt:Bush Jr was a terrible president but won re-election back in 2004 with approval ratings in the 40's.

Response:
President Donald Trump has no opposition of merit. The Democratic Part inability to produce any figure of substance is blasphemous at best...
I am NOT a Bush fan, but he was better than Gore and Kerry. Not by much though.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:57 AM

45,396 posts, read 60,575,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I am NOT a Bush fan, but he was better than Gore and Kerry. Not by much though.
It's not just that but that every Republican President since Eisenhower has been "terrible". That's the mindset. Well, until they leave office and say what they'd been saying all along but because it came from a Republican it was "bad". Now it's good, though.

Old 06-18-2020, 04:59 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
It's not just that but that every Republican President since Eisenhower has been "terrible".
Reagan and Trump have been the best, but I don't disagree. Republicans became Democrat Lite. The go along to get along party, afraid of the MEDIA, and rightfully so, however.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies