Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is it more racist to say Black Lives Matter or All Lives Matter
Black Lives Matter is racist 76 87.36%
All Lives Matter is racist 11 12.64%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2020, 08:09 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,760,894 times

Advertisements

Fake BLM is very racist. Moreso than Al Sharpton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2020, 08:10 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
The poll here reflects what you know it reflects.
That this sub forum is full of Trump voters because people like me have stopped posting and visiting the forum regularly for reasons I'm not allowed to talk about. This forum is a bubble and safe haven for Trump supporters. None of the polls here are a true reflection of anything. I havent even voted in the poll.
It's a shame. Like Fox News, msnbc and any news outlet you care to name, and the rest of the media including facebook, everyone is only ever seeing one side of any story.
It's particularly sad to have happened in a country where free speech was once considered paramount.
America has always been slow to change. Sadly in these times of division I'm afraid change is even slower.
i.e. This isn't about Black Lives. It's about hating on Trump and his supporters. You just proved it.

Thank you. But we already knew this. BLM is nothing but a scam. You just accused 63,000,000+ of your fellow Americans as being racist. You proved my point.

And if you guys want to shroud yourself in the scarves of self-righteousness, then you just another hate group. And not a very good one at that.

Old 06-20-2020, 11:32 AM

10,534 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
i.e. This isn't about Black Lives. It's about hating on Trump and his supporters. You just proved it.

Thank you. But we already knew this. BLM is nothing but a scam. You just accused 63,000,000+ of your fellow Americans as being racist. You proved my point.

And if you guys want to shroud yourself in the scarves of self-righteousness, then you just another hate group. And not a very good one at that.
Absolutely ridiculous..

Read my post again, then read it again then read it some more.

While you're doing it try to comprehend it.

I never once accused any Trump supporter of being racist. I dont even know where you're getting that from.

I never used any term of hate against Trump supporters.

You made that all up in your own head. Says everything about you.

Your response has nothing to do with anything I said. It's entirely detached, like you're responding to someone else's post.

Take your hatred and learn.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:10 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne
The poll here reflects what you know it reflects.
That this sub forum is full of Trump voters because people like me have stopped posting and visiting the forum regularly for reasons I'm not allowed to talk about. This forum is a bubble and safe haven for Trump supporters. None of the polls here are a true reflection of anything. I havent even voted in the poll.
It's a shame. Like Fox News, msnbc and any news outlet you care to name, and the rest of the media including facebook, everyone is only ever seeing one side of any story.
It's particularly sad to have happened in a country where free speech was once considered paramount.
America has always been slow to change. Sadly in these times of division I'm afraid change is even slower.
I didn't vote in this poll either.

There are plenty of anti Trumpers who post here. No doubt plenty of Trump supporters no longer post here either for reasons I can't mention. Polls are just that. Opinions of those who are polled. CNN polls are skewed to their leftist viewer as is MSNBC, NYT etc. The 2016 Presidential winner projection is a testament to that.

Yes, free speech is being squelched by TWITTER, YouTube etc by those who label conservative opinion as hate speech. Convenient ain't it? Sad that when a conservative is offended by leftist hate speech it's not banned or removed from social media.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:14 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Both are true and are not racist without certain intent behind it.
This is true about almost everything people say is racist including flags, names, and songs. But our current society encourages people to attach racism to everything they don't agree with.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:42 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
DO you think it's more racist to say Black Lives matter or All Lives Matter and why?
It's obviously more racist to say black lives matter than to say that all lives matter, taking the statements at FACE VALUE. The problem is our culture's, America, use of language, often relying on context to fill in the blanks for what is said or not said.

For example "Love you". What does that mean? Are you telling a person to love themselves or that you love them? You can't really tell without the context of the conversation, which would then make it clear.

What people have done, PURPOSELY, it take "Black lives matter" out of its context in an attempt to smear and discredit the suggestion or movement. Clearly the intent of BLM was "Black Lives Matter TOO". That is a hard statement to discredit or to be against....without admitting or exposing that you are racist. However, in an America hell bent on deflecting and denying racism, they have to discredit the message of BLM and one way of doing that is by suggesting that it is saying that other lives matter less than blacks and hence "All lives matter".

It's like how they turned the kneeling by football players as a disrespect for our troops, the flag and the national anthem. It's an attempt to put blacks on the defensive instead of white racism. When blacks accuse whites or this society of something they are doing wrong against blacks....that has to be flipped to put blacks on the defensive. You see that all the time. The "victim mentality" is another popular reaction. Put blacks on the defensive for pointing out how racism has impacted blacks. Blacks have to be made UNCOMFORTABLE when they bring charges against whites or this society. Blacks have to be put on the defensive.

All lives matter has NEVER been true in our history past or present. The life of a criminal, then, matters. Why then are all these police shootings and killings justified on the bases of the person having a criminal background....if ALL LIVES MATTER (equally. Which is implicit). All lives don't matter equally in America and never have. In hospitals during the virus....if there were not enough ventilators, unfortunately the life of an 90 year old would be valued less than the life of a 30 year old in determining who gets the scarce resource treatment.

All Lives matter is a BS statement with no meaning and purpose other than to discredit and put on the defensive the BLM movement.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 06-20-2020 at 12:58 PM..

Old 06-20-2020, 12:57 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It's obviously more racist to say black lives matter than to say that all lives matter, taking the statements as FACE VALUE. The problem is our culture's, America, use of language, often relying on context to fill in the blanks for what is said or not said.

For example "Love you". What does that mean? Are you telling a person to love themselves or that you love them? You can't really tell without the context of the conversation, which would then make it clear.

What people have done, PURPOSELY, it take "Black lives matter" out of its context in an attempt to smear and discredit the suggestion or movement
. Clearly the intent of BLM was "Black Lives Matter TOO". That is a hard statement to discredit or to be against....without admitting or exposing that you are racist. However, in an America hell bent on deflecting and deny racism, they have to discredit the message of BLM and one way of doing that is by suggesting that it is saying that other lives matter less than blacks and hence "All lives matter".

It's like how they turned the kneeling by football players as a disrespect for our troops, the flag and the national anthem. It's an attempt to put blacks on the defensive instead of white racism. When blacks accuse whites or this society of something they are doing wrong against blacks....that has to be flipped to put blacks on the defensive. You see that all the time. The "victim mentality" is another popular reaction. Put blacks on the defensive for pointing out how racism has impacted blacks. Blacks have to be made UNCOMFORTABLE when they bring charges against whites or this society. Blacks have to be put on the defensive.

All lives matter has NEVER been true in our history past or present. The life of a criminal, then, matters. Why then are all these police shootings and killings justified on the bases of the person having a criminal background....if ALL LIVES MATTER (equally. Which is implicit). All lives don't matter equally in America and never have. In hospitals during the virus....if there were not enough ventilators, unfortunately the life of an 90 year old would be valued less than the life of a 30 year old in determining who gets the scarce resource treatment.

All Lives matter is a BS statement with no meaning and purpose other than to discredit and put on the defensive the BLM movement.
That's just it the context of black lives matter makes it worse than the phrase, rioting, burning, looting, assaulting and killing and destroying historic monuments, and on and on all in the name of a few dead criminals. White people have their own dead criminals and numerically more of them, but no black or white person is outraged for them. This is about the stupidest political contrivances and hoax the democrats have came up with yet.

Old 06-20-2020, 12:58 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,135,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Fake BLM is very racist. Moreso than Al Sharpton.
The thing with BLM is they seem to trigger white supremacist and their sympathizers. The vast majority of the people against BLM are racists. They are the same type of people that were against Martin Luther King Jr. during his fight for civil rights in the 60s.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:04 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The thing with BLM is they seem to trigger white supremacist and their sympathizers. The vast majority of the people against BLM are racists. They are the same type of people that were against Martin Luther King Jr. during his fight for civil rights in the 60s.
I think the vast majority of people for BLM including white are racist. You don't have to be racist to be for or against it, but you do have to be uninformed, misinformed or dishonest and acting in bad faith to be.

Old 06-20-2020, 01:06 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,711,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
That's just it the context of black lives matter makes it worse than the phrase, rioting, burning, looting, assaulting and killing and destroying historic monuments, and on and on all in the name of a few dead criminals. White people have their own dead criminals and numerically more of them, but no black or white person is outraged for them. This is about the stupidest political contrivances and hoax the democrats have came up with yet.
Nope. Again, you are putting it in a different context, not its original. The context, in general, is a nation that has historically shown that black lives are valued less and, specifically, that police did not value and treat black lives the same as white lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies