Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2020, 05:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,887,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I live in Texas. I believe we still have the right to self-defense, at least for now.
It might depend on where in Texas. Last time I was in Austin I barely recognized it from just a few years ago. It seemed like Democrats were turning into like the stories from San Francisco with crazy homeless people camped out everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2020, 06:00 PM

12,045 posts, read 6,581,834 times
Here is one of the saddest parts of all this racial anarchy that BLM and the Dems are doing.

Clearly, small children are seeing and hearing much of what’s going on. I posted this last week, but it’s worth repeating.
My neighbor friend took her granddaughter shopping a week ago, and when they parked there were some black people standing nearby. Her young granddaughter didn’t want to get out of the car because she said, “They will hurt me.”.
My friend was shocked.
Both her mother and grandmother are liberal, so we both assumed she and other white kids are seeing what’s going on and now becoming afraid of blacks.

Good job, BLM and Dems!!!

Old 06-22-2020, 06:00 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
It looked like initially she wouldn't back up and then when she started to back up, that's when they surrounded the car. She said one of them reached inside the window, scratched it, and pulled out one of her dreadlocks.

I think if she had been white, things may have really gone badly for the driver.
I seriously doubt the outcome would have been different whether white or black. The psychology of a mob makes people do things they probably wouldn’t do on their own.

Old 06-22-2020, 06:02 PM

19,854 posts, read 12,127,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
perhaps she was a black lady and the protesters were the usual white thugs.
ffs, did you even look at the OP?

Old 06-22-2020, 06:02 PM

21,486 posts, read 10,596,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
It might depend on where in Texas. Last time I was in Austin I barely recognized it from just a few years ago. It seemed like Democrats were turning into like the stories from San Francisco with crazy homeless people camped out everywhere.
Austin has always had a lot of homeless people. They did in 1988 too. It may be a partisan issue elsewhere, but I think there is a bipartisan belief in self defense and gun ownership here.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:01 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,083,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Austin has always had a lot of homeless people. They did in 1988 too. It may be a partisan issue elsewhere, but I think there is a bipartisan belief in self defense and gun ownership here.
Agreed, and anyone in Texas who talks about Austin's homeless problem is making it a partisan issue, I used to feed the homeless with my church downtown (Houston), and I go to University in Austin, the issue is similar, the only difference is Austin is a safe/safer city so the homeless issue is more pronounced in the news as they affect crime more. i.e Homeless guy stabs someone in Houston, well last week their were 5 shootings across the city. While In Austin that's one of 4 super-violent incidents that makes the news that month. The Homeless are also easier to find in nicer/touristy areas of Austin vs. Houston.

All over the state's big 5 cities their's homeless folk, I will say from where I've been, I've yet to see an encampment in SA, but I barely spend anytime their or Fort Worth.

Old 06-22-2020, 07:12 PM

1,411 posts, read 567,061 times
[quote=NeutralZone;58444655]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
[/b]

Maybe because people are stupid and easily lead and manipulated???
Yes, the are indeed as you say. 40 plus years of brainwashing in "education", a totally corrupt, mendacious media, and the pathetic urge to believe what they hear, and to be with the "cool kids."
Dumb, self-absorbed, low information , selfish, self righteous drones, just what the Democrats want.
Say goodbye to the America you once knew if the puppet Biden is elected.

Last edited by USC1986; 06-22-2020 at 07:12 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 06-22-2020, 07:17 PM

9,049 posts, read 3,528,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
There must have been an altercation Before the video started recording. Something provoked the dispute.
Sure there was a dispute. The mostly peaceful protesters wanted to impede her free movement. The women felt that was inappropriate. One of the mostly peaceful protestors pulled a gun on her. She did what any sane person would do. Another mostly peaceful protestor caught up to her at the next red light and pulled a gun on her again.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:00 AM

12,045 posts, read 6,581,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiumSky View Post
Kids have a very good sense about people and sensing danger.
And what I didn’t add was that this child NEVER had had a fear of blacks before this.
Democrats are causing more racial division with their anarchy and violence.

Old 06-23-2020, 05:28 AM

35,122 posts, read 17,071,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USC1986 View Post

Yes, the are indeed as you say. 40 plus years of brainwashing in "education", a totally corrupt, mendacious media, and the pathetic urge to believe what they hear, and to be with the "cool kids."
Dumb, self-absorbed, low information , selfish, self righteous drones, just what the Democrats want.
Say goodbye to the America you once knew if the puppet Biden is elected.[/quote]If Mayor Durkin (sp) of Seattle is any guide, that's for sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies