Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 01:09 PM

1,378 posts, read 736,991 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I wonder what the Apache, Cherokee, and Comanchee peoples think about that?
Idk, ask the European immigrants that came over and killed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
The Spaniards and the Mexicans welcomed Moses, Stephen and all their settlers. All they had to do for free land was survey. And no slaves. They didn't survey either.

Sometime around 1965 the SBC did a demographic study. I forget the date. I figured I'b be a really old woman when caucasians were a minority. Sure nuf.
They did but only up to a point. Mexico cut off immigration but the white settlers came anyway which was illegal at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Most Texan Hispanics I have known have been VERY conservative and religious, a little too much for my tastes. They are like the Hispanic catholic version of white Southern Baptists.
There are some, but not all of them are like that. I know a few that are quite liberal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The "SO" is that it's an unlawful and unnatural transformation via illegal immigration.
Got a link for that? Where is the data supporting your claim?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Are you speaking of when Mexico used to hold some southwestern territories for a very short time long ago? Well guess what, the U.S. beat Mexico in a war and paid them $15 billion for those lands. It is now a part of the U.S. not Mexico!
What does the Mexican American war have to do with who lives here now? Absolutely nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happly retired View Post
so there are no legal hispanics here then? you are a bigot and not all hispanics are illegal

its people like you that divide the country - go get your white sheet and put it over your head
He sure is. Lmao@white sheet

Quote:
Of course there are Hispanics who are citizens of this country (not counting anchor babies). I never said they were all illegals but it is illegal immigration that is putting their numbers over the top. Nothing bigoted about the truth! How is the truth creating division in our country? Are we supposed to lie about the facts? Why are you pulling the race and KKK card on this? Can't handle the truth?
Why are babies born in this country not counted? What do you have against American citizens?

Quote:
I've answered that question at least a couple of times in here. Did you miss it?

Here's a link for you.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pa...rial-hospital/
Snopes is NOT a credible source. It is run by a husband and wife team in Canada I believe.

Old 06-27-2020, 01:26 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Idk, ask the European immigrants that came over and killed them.

They did but only up to a point. Mexico cut off immigration but the white settlers came anyway which was illegal at the time.

There are some, but not all of them are like that. I know a few that are quite liberal.

Got a link for that? Where is the data supporting your claim?
LOL. I grew up with most Mex-Americans in my south Texas city identifying as Dems. This started to change under Reagan when we started hearing about more ppl that we know that were voting Repub or splitting their ticket. To me, it was shocking when Reagan introduced his Mex-American US Treasurer at his convention. Then, I learned that it's a safe "token" position, unlike the Secretary of the Treasury.

George W was very friendly to Mexican-Americans, which more or less dispelled the belief that most Repubs were a bunch of Anglo racists. He was the first politico that I can think of who made a serious attempt to invite us to the Repub party. Nearly all in my immediate family today votes Dem, but my sister's husband votes Repub. His parents also vote Repub. My other brother-in-law (who knows MANY people) said that some of the friends that we know ( and like) vote Repub mainly because of the pro-choice abortion issue. In my mother's circle of "Golden Girl" friends, all vote Dem except for one (the one with the most money) who always defends Trump if prompted. They tend to avoid the topic now after one of the Dem ladies walked out of their card game when the Repub huckster got into a debate with the others.

What about inclusion of Mexican race in the 1930 census?

This was brought about due to the Institutional racism enforced on us by the Anglo government. It was an easier battle to claim white heritage rather than align with blacks who suffered segregation/discrimination de jure by law. Some places segregated Mex-Americans "by custom", but not documented in the law like blacks were. For example, my grandmother attended the local high school along with Anglos in the 1930s. A black citizen did not share that same right by law. Look how many whites who claim Cherokee blood, but still loudly proclaim themselves as white. I heard an interesting story about Texas state rep JT Canales who was the sole state rep of Mexican ancestry at the turn of the century who protested against the murdering actions of the Texas Rangers of that time. He was a very educated attorney who argued the case, but was ultimately defeated by the other state reps who challenged his character since he was of Mexican ancestry. On the bright note, it did lead to Texas Ranger reform.
He was a founding member of LULAC which fought for the White US Census label, which was the easier way to win parity with the law at that time.

Last edited by Hopeful for Life; 06-27-2020 at 01:38 PM..

Old 06-27-2020, 02:10 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
LOL. I grew up with most Mex-Americans in my south Texas city identifying as Dems. This started to change under Reagan when we started hearing about more ppl that we know that were voting Repub or splitting their ticket. To me, it was shocking when Reagan introduced his Mex-American US Treasurer at his convention. Then, I learned that it's a safe "token" position, unlike the Secretary of the Treasury.

George W was very friendly to Mexican-Americans, which more or less dispelled the belief that most Repubs were a bunch of Anglo racists. He was the first politico that I can think of who made a serious attempt to invite us to the Repub party. Nearly all in my immediate family today votes Dem, but my sister's husband votes Repub. His parents also vote Repub. My other brother-in-law (who knows MANY people) said that some of the friends that we know ( and like) vote Repub mainly because of the pro-choice abortion issue. In my mother's circle of "Golden Girl" friends, all vote Dem except for one (the one with the most money) who always defends Trump if prompted. They tend to avoid the topic now after one of the Dem ladies walked out of their card game when the Repub huckster got into a debate with the others.

What about inclusion of Mexican race in the 1930 census?

This was brought about due to the Institutional racism enforced on us by the Anglo government. It was an easier battle to claim white heritage rather than align with blacks who suffered segregation/discrimination de jure by law. Some places segregated Mex-Americans "by custom", but not documented in the law like blacks were. For example, my grandmother attended the local high school along with Anglos in the 1930s. A black citizen did not share that same right by law. Look how many whites who claim Cherokee blood, but still loudly proclaim themselves as white. I heard an interesting story about Texas state rep JT Canales who was the sole state rep of Mexican ancestry at the turn of the century who protested against the murdering actions of the Texas Rangers of that time. He was a very educated attorney who argued the case, but was ultimately defeated by the other state reps who challenged his character since he was of Mexican ancestry. On the bright note, it did lead to Texas Ranger reform.
He was a founding member of LULAC which fought for the White US Census label, which was the easier way to win parity with the law at that time.
LULAC, just another Latino/Hispanic group who wants Mexicans and other Latinos to be able to enter our country at will. It's ridiculous to bring up a long ago past as an excuse to invade our country illegally today

Old 06-27-2020, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Mexicans protested against that. Back then, they wanted to be white.
You are what you are not what you wish you were. Just like Obama claiming he is black rather than of mixed race. He is just as much white as he is black. Same thing with most Mexicans. They are just as much Amerindian as they are white. Some are even half black. What's the point of denying your complete genetics/race? On the census there is even a box to check "some other race". If you're not just one race aka mixed then that is the box that should be checked.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:40 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Latinos loosely speaking tend to have larger families than black or white people do. Them overtaking whites in some areas isn't surprising.

Last I heard in CA whites are no longer the majority. I'm white and I'm sorta neutral on the subject. I have no need to push or promote whiteness, for lack of a better term. As long as people treat each other equally I don't care what people's race is. People are people in my opinion.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:43 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,724,350 times
Quote:
LULAC, just another Latino/Hispanic group who wants Mexicans and other Latinos to be able to enter our country at will. It's ridiculous to bring up a long ago past as an excuse to invade our country illegally today
Yes Old Glory, I GET THAT! I feel the very same way! It's why LULAC and MALDEF will never get any donations from me. They got away from helping Americans to helping foreigners.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Latinos loosely speaking tend to have larger families than black or white people do. Them overtaking whites in some areas isn't surprising.

Last I heard in CA whites are no longer the majority. I'm white and I'm sorta neutral on the subject. I have no need to push or promote whiteness, for lack of a better term. As long as people treat each other equally I don't care what people's race is. People are people in my opinion.
Here's the part you aren't considering though. This is an unlawful and unnatural takeover via illegal immigration. I don't have a problem with race either but I don't want any race to have genocide committed against them via an unlawful manner either. My main concern is having our identifying culture and language changed to something else also in the same manner. That's what happened in Calif. due to illegal immigration.

Old 06-27-2020, 02:58 PM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Here's the part you aren't considering though. This is an unlawful and unnatural takeover via illegal immigration. I don't have a problem with race either but I don't want any race to have genocide committed against them via an unlawful manner either. My main concern is having our identifying culture and language changed to something else also in the same manner. That's what happened in Calif. due to illegal immigration.
That's a valid point.

Problem is now you are racist if you say this.

These nitwit progressive types are actually pretty crafty, they've managed to shutdown any conservation regarding anything along these lines. Just drop the racism card and you can hear the collective puckering of white people's rear ends in fear.

Bunch of damn garbage is what it is.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happly retired View Post
over the top of what? i assume you are afraid of people of color for some reason - the truth is the numbers show they have more kids than whites and that yes they may out number whites - again so what - why are you afraid?

being in the minority?
Thats exactly what it is.

Quote:
Oh geez, here we go with the skin color/race card again. How many times do I have to repeat that neither of those things bother me. Of course I'd like us to be mix of white people also. Is that a bad thing? My objection is to illegal immigration that is transforming the demographics and culture of our country along with "their" high birthrates. Got it now or do I have to explain to you once again?
Yes, you have to explain it again lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
Hispanics in the US are white. The hair, the skin, body types - white. The darker ones are kept out just as the dark ones Asia. Rarely do we see a foreigner in this country with dark skin or even curlier hair texture unless they are African. Darker East Indians like Mindy Kaling are not commonly allowed to come to the US. It creates yet another level of racial identity that Americans can’t handle. Just look at biracials - everybody has some problem with them just because they are.

High birth rates are not a problem among Hispanics since they are aligned with white European culture. Hispanics are valued workers because they do what is natural for them, and that is a close match with white Americans since both originated in Europe.
None of that is true.

Quote:
Um no, most Hispanics in this country are Mestizos a combination of Spanish and Amerindian. No, their hair, skin and body types aren't typically what you find in a non-mixed white person.

Hispanics here illegally do tend to have high birthrates and the fact that most Hispanics in general are Catholic means they have high birthrates also. The Mestizos who originated from south of our border do not have have a white, European culture. Even though the Spanish language comes from Europe their language isn't English of which most Americans have made their primary language of usage but most Mestizos have not.
Well at least we agree on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
It’s like that in Eastern Washington too, only they are part of the Spanish Assembly of God. The people of that particular church lean Republican in general. I hate the stereotype that just because you are Hispanic means you will vote Democrat. I feel like Hispanics “assimilate” after one or two generations and become very Americanized. My mom and her siblings are second generation Mexican-Americans and don’t speak a lick of Spanish (except for her oldest brother) and culturally are very “white.” And they don’t vote Democrat.
That's sad that they don't know their own culture. Definitely not something to brag about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies