Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2020, 03:17 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's a valid point.

Problem is now you are racist if you say this.

These nitwit progressive types are actually pretty crafty, they've managed to shutdown any conservation regarding anything along these lines. Just drop the racism card and you can hear the collective puckering of white people's rear ends in fear.

Bunch of damn garbage is what it is.
Illegal alien isn't a race it's an unlawful presence in our country. My rear end doesn't pucker by being called a racist for objecting to an unnatural and unlawful demographic and cultural change in our country. Who in their right mind would consider that racist anyway? Legal immigration in controlled numbers is fine illegal immigration is not!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2020, 03:20 PM

52,283 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegal alien isn't a race it's an unlawful presence in our country. My rear end doesn't pucker by being called a racist for objecting to an unnatural and unlawful demographic and cultural change in our country. Who in their right mind would consider that racist anyway? Legal immigration in controlled numbers is fine illegal immigration is not!
Lol, you're preaching to the choir.

Old 06-27-2020, 03:33 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,200,624 times
Quote:
There is no Mexican race. Mexican is a nationality not a race.
I know that. However, back then the census didn't differentiate between race, ethnicity, and nationality. Mexican, Japanese, and Chinese were counted as races just like being Black, Amerindian, and White were and still are. I'm just pointing out that there was basically a precursor for the "Hispanic" inclusion decades earlier. When you think about it, there just isn't a very strict criteria for race, at least not in the US census, as "Asian" includes nationalities that look nothing alike nor culturally all that similar; Amerindians could be grouped with Asians just like Pacific Islanders were/are; White spans across three continents on the census.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Mexicans protested against that. Back then, they wanted to be white.
That maybe is so, but the government/census back then saw Mexicans as being either culturally or racially enough removed from what constituted as the White race that they saw fit for them to mark down a separate racialized box. Italians, Irish, Germans, Polish were not removed from being White by having their own race boxes on the census, although they were treated like lower caste as some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post

What about inclusion of Mexican race in the 1930 census?

This was brought about due to the Institutional racism enforced on us by the Anglo government. It was an easier battle to claim white heritage rather than align with blacks who suffered segregation/discrimination de jure by law. Some places segregated Mex-Americans "by custom", but not documented in the law like blacks were. For example, my grandmother attended the local high school along with Anglos in the 1930s. A black citizen did not share that same right by law. Look how many whites who claim Cherokee blood, but still loudly proclaim themselves as white. I heard an interesting story about Texas state rep JT Canales who was the sole state rep of Mexican ancestry at the turn of the century who protested against the murdering actions of the Texas Rangers of that time. He was a very educated attorney who argued the case, but was ultimately defeated by the other state reps who challenged his character since he was of Mexican ancestry. On the bright note, it did lead to Texas Ranger reform.
He was a founding member of LULAC which fought for the White US Census label, which was the easier way to win parity with the law at that time.
I didn't know about JT Canales or LULAC. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 06-27-2020 at 03:42 PM..

Old 06-27-2020, 05:25 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,960 times
Quote:
We have no problem with changing demographics that is natural and lawful. Nothing natural or lawful about changing demographics due to illegal immigration. Also, Ted Kennedy said when he opened the floodgates back in 1965 that it would not alter the demographics of our country. Simply put......he lied! Blacks will never share a majority in this country as they never have so I don't know why you are even bringing them up. It is Latinos that are taking over this country. How is that diversity? I just don't want to see our identifying culture diluted or replaced. What's wrong with being a diversified country in skin color which includes whites also equally?

How is Trump racist? I get so sick of that lie!
Latino culture is diverse. So what if it was African Americans? Would you feel the same way then? And Trump is racist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
When you say these things, you reveal which side you are on, and it is not Americas.
How so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
[/b]

You're showing your own bigotry with that comment. I've always found that those quick to accuse others of racism and bigotry are often pretty bigoted themselves.
That's how I feel everytime someone has the word Dixie in their name.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:00 AM

3,852 posts, read 2,229,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful for Life View Post
It was an easier battle to claim white heritage rather than align with blacks who suffered segregation/discrimination de jure by law. Some places segregated Mex-Americans "by custom", but not documented in the law like blacks were. For example, my grandmother attended the local high school along with Anglos in the 1930s. A black citizen did not share that same right by law.
Yes. And then after the civil rights movement was over, those same Mexicans organizations abandoned their claim as white, and started fighting to become recognized as a minority group so that they could get the benefits of the civil rights movement.

When there was money for minorities, Mexicans up and decided that they were "brown" or "Chicano", and demanded federal funding for their organizations. "All the money's going to the blacks - what about our issues?". The same organizations that had been screaming that they were white and wanted nothing to do with black people when civil rights was actually going on.

"Hispanic" = scam label.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:18 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,037,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
A year earlier than previously predicted.

Hispanics population has grown by 2 million in the last 10 years.

https://www.texastribune.org/2020/06...ows-2-million/
They don't know English. And dont wear masks which is most worrying.

Old 06-28-2020, 10:18 AM

3,852 posts, read 2,229,309 times
Quote:
What's the point of denying your complete genetics/race?
Race is not genetic, is a social construct that changes over time. Race is whatever people believe it is. "Mestizo" Mexicans were once regarded as white in Texas - even if they had brown skin.

It's my strong opinion that only ethnic groups who were considered to be racial minorities in the 50s should be considered minorities today. If a Mexican was white in the 50s, they should be considered white today for all purposes.

Census figures are used to allocate money and resources to minorities. This is why everybody wants to be a minority today. "Hispanic" is just a hustle-term that's used to get money and make political claims. If the term were eliminated, as it should be, most of "hispanics" would go back to being just white.

Old 06-28-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Race is not genetic, is a social construct that changes over time. Race is whatever people believe it is. "Mestizo" Mexicans were once regarded as white in Texas - even if they had brown skin.

It's my strong opinion that only ethnic groups who were considered to be racial minorities in the 50s should be considered minorities today. If a Mexican was white in the 50s, they should be considered white today for all purposes.

Census figures are used to allocate money and resources to minorities. This is why everybody wants to be a minority today. "Hispanic" is just a hustle-term that's used to get money and make political claims. If the term were eliminated, as it should be, most of "hispanics" would go back to being just white.
No it's not, race is genetics it has nothing to do with any social construct. It doesn't matter what one regards someone as being. It's what they actually are that matters. No, Mestizos are of mixed race they aren't just plain ole white! Hispanic is a culture not a race so Hispanic Mestizos would still be of mixed race not just plain white. They are genetically Amerindian and white and sometimes black. You actually think the census question about race is actually about "social construct" whatever the heck that means?

https://nationalvanguard.org/2016/03...d-human-genes/

Last edited by Oldglory; 06-28-2020 at 02:04 PM..

Old 06-28-2020, 02:01 PM

Let's see, according to the link the Hispanic population has increased by 2 million in 10 years here in the U.S. There are 300,000 anchor babies born every year and then add in their parents here illegally also and try and tell me this is a natural and lawful demographic change and that isn't directly due to illegal immigration.

Old 06-29-2020, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Let's see, according to the link the Hispanic population has increased by 2 million in 10 years here in the U.S. There are 300,000 anchor babies born every year and then add in their parents here illegally also and try and tell me this is a natural and lawful demographic change and that isn't directly due to illegal immigration.
What, no rebuttals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies