Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2020, 04:23 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times

Advertisements

A friend told me last night she and her husband have decided not to put their big flag out near the road this 4th, as she is surrounded by democrat neighbors who were in town protesting the last two weekends.

Anyone else concerned about local democrats and anarchists targeting them on the 4th?

We will put our flag out as usual. If we don’t stand up to the anti-American anarchists trying to take over the country, then they will.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2020, 04:28 AM

20,060 posts, read 20,872,330 times
I don’t think a flag will be a huge problem unless it's something pro-Trump.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:37 AM

7,928 posts, read 3,477,856 times
I fly an American flag at my house throughout the spring, summer and fall. For the weekend of the 4th I will probably switch it out for my Betsy Ross flag. I have other neighbors who fly "don't tread on me" flags, marine corps flags, thin blue line flags and even a few Trump MAGA flags so I think I'll be OK.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:45 AM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Not sure there is much to celebrate this Fourth of July, MountainRose.

Trump is extending friendly overtures to Putin while Putin has a bounty on U.S. soldiers. Trump claims he was never briefed, which means he is lying or the intelligence agencies don't trust the President with intelligence. In any case, he has known since last week, and still no response.

While our nation is in the midst of a poorly managed pandemic, Trump's administration has joined a lawsuit at the Supreme Court to eliminate ACA. If the Supreme Court rules in their favor, millions will lose their health insurance in the midst of a pandemic. Striking down ACA, will also mean eliminating protections for pre-existing conditions. Covid would be one of these conditions.

Economy is on a downward trend, federal deficit has doubled, tariff war with China, ...

Social unrest over cops openly murdering black citizens.

On July 4th, the Continental Congress formally adopted the Declaration of Independence. You know, the one that reads, "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, ..."

We are in danger of losing the nation so many risked put their lives on the line for.

Not sure that's worth celebrating, but go ahead and wave whichever flag you wave.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 06-30-2020 at 05:31 AM..

Old 06-30-2020, 04:46 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Among other things I put my flag out every fair weather day in memory of my Dad and the multitudes who gave so much of themselves in WW II. And the First Amendment, one of the things they were fighting for, unfortunately escapes the minds of many.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:52 AM

273 posts, read 96,756 times
Yes I absolutely hate having to think about whether or not I'll be judged for having an American Flag in front of my house.

Old 06-30-2020, 04:52 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Someone just PMed me with a link to article in California where they recently burned the flags on houses.

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2020...n-flags-arson/

Old 06-30-2020, 04:59 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,586,145 times
Where I live now, people are proud to be patriots. A large percentage have served in the military, just about everyone has a family member either in active, reserves or National Guard.

This is a very rural area that went heavily Republican in the last election and folks here are still proud of their country.

Needless to say, very few democrats here so there's lots of American flags flying all year round.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:01 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,808,504 times
So ridiculous. Such paranoia.

By the way, flying an Ameeican flag doesn't make you a patriot. In my experience the people most obsessed with the flag are the onee who know the least about our constitution.

Old 06-30-2020, 05:04 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,168,640 times
My flag has been waving - at my house...

Touch it, you be shot. Haha...

My town - No fears... We're not a bunch of parasites rioting - we all get along...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies