Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 04:25 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 8 days ago)

35,633 posts, read 17,968,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
I'm saying that people will look for things to be outraged about and will take it to any topic.

There's a body of internet search results saying exactly that; pet ownership = bad (as a form of slavery).
It is weird, you have to admit, to keep other species locked in your house as companions.

I've always had dogs but still recognize it's weird. Locking your little friends up in cages so they can't escape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 04:26 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Just when we thought that this move to erase History and appease the cancel culture mob along comes this brilliantly loony idea.

Boston University has a mascot that is a Boston Terrier. The dog is not the problem but his name is now considered a major trigger to the weak minded PC people.

The school color is scarlet so in a fun nod to Scarlet from the celebrated novel and academy award winning epic "Gone With the Wind" they named the dog Rhett because Rhett loves Scarlet.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/07...with-the-wind/

Didn't AOC attend this college? I wonder how she feels about this and if she even knew the name of the mascot?

When will this madness end? Seriously when will it end?
Frankly I don't give a damn.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:28 PM

52,267 posts, read 52,686,640 times
We're being lead down a path of stupidity and everyone is just going along, no questioning it, not wondering where does it end.

Let's just bow down to the mob.

Old 07-01-2020, 04:28 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
I believe that poster was being facetious because of how pets have been elevated to almost human status by many people these days. Seems like a lot of people value their "fur babies" over other people and treat them just about like human children. Therefore, it is degrading to pets to be considered property when they are now essentially "children".

Old 07-01-2020, 04:34 PM

4,861 posts, read 9,310,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
It is weird, you have to admit, to keep other species locked in your house as companions.

I've always had dogs but still recognize it's weird. Locking your little friends up in cages so they can't escape.
Or to keep them safe, since they don't have the mental capacity to know to stay out of trouble or not get hit by a car. Or to protect them from the elements since they don't have the ability to enter a building if it starts to rain or snow. Or to protect them from starvation since they do not have the ability to provide food for themselves.

I think it is okay to keep a species that is intellectually inferior to humans under lock and key for their protection.

When dogs stop eating other dogs' poo or rolling in dead animal carcasses every chance they get, maybe then we can take them more seriously as contemporaries.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:08 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,260,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canudigit View Post
Or to keep them safe, since they don't have the mental capacity to know to stay out of trouble or not get hit by a car. Or to protect them from the elements since they don't have the ability to enter a building if it starts to rain or snow. Or to protect them from starvation since they do not have the ability to provide food for themselves.

I think it is okay to keep a species that is intellectually inferior to humans under lock and key for their protection.

When dogs stop eating other dogs' poo and licking their butts or rolling in dead animal carcasses every chance they get, maybe then we can take them more seriously as contemporaries.
There, now I am in total agreement.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:24 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Just when we thought that this move to erase History and appease the cancel culture mob along comes this brilliantly loony idea.

Boston University has a mascot that is a Boston Terrier. The dog is not the problem but his name is now considered a major trigger to the weak minded PC people.

The school color is scarlet so in a fun nod to Scarlet from the celebrated novel and academy award winning epic "Gone With the Wind" they named the dog Rhett because Rhett loves Scarlet.

https://www.bostonherald.com/2020/07...with-the-wind/

Didn't AOC attend this college? I wonder how she feels about this and if she even knew the name of the mascot?

When will this madness end? Seriously when will it end?

It won't. Your best bet is to run far and fast away from the people who promulgate this crap. I'm really beginning to look forward to the day that this country splits into two countries, one for the adults and one for the leftist "progressive" children. I will be living in Adultistan, thanks, and very glad to be away from the whiny babies.

We'll have the wheat fields and cattle ranches and vast orchards, and they'll have this:

https://subversas.com/chaz-garden/?d...33575439453125
https://crosscut.com/2020/06/seattle...den-takes-root

Old 07-01-2020, 05:25 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Seriously when will it end?
Alright, I have no idea how a Boston Terrier is triggering for anyone.

As to "when will it end." It will end when people stop giving into it. Keep the mascot.

Every day I read in the news about some celebrity who is forced to apologize because something they said was "offensive" (in most cases, it wasn't). They need to stop doing this.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:26 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,308,300 times
Snowflakes crying over a private college renaming a mascot.

Old 07-01-2020, 05:44 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
utter insanity.

next thing you know, all statues, mascots, art, movies or books created by people who even read or saw 'gone with the wind' must be destroyed
AOC attended college??? FOR REAL???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies