Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2020, 07:49 PM

1,485 posts, read 954,617 times

Advertisements

Here's an idea for a 'protest'. They require us to wear a mask, then a mask it is!

https://helmetfellas.com/product/act...war-game-mask/

Let's wear these things and freak everyone out!

Btw I'm serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2020, 07:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,545,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Excerpt:The mask nazis are just getting too ridiculous.

Response: This video just inspired to run a line of plus size face masks. hahahahahaha.......

Good one! I do plus size with my masks. Her problem was no elastic or elastic that had gotten stretched out of shape, probably from wearing the mask over and over without washing it. EWWWWWW!!!!!!! They are supposed to be washed daily, as in a fresh, non-germy mask every day.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Here's an idea for a 'protest'. They require us to wear a mask, then a mask it is!

https://helmetfellas.com/product/act...war-game-mask/

Let's wear these things and freak everyone out!

Btw I'm serious.

LOL! My masks get pretty sassy with messages, and clients love them!

Old 07-01-2020, 07:52 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post

With that said, let's check today's stats on COVID Trends by country

https://aatishb.com/covidtrends/

Yup.. we are screwing this up.
Wow. It is just beyond shameful. The once beacon to the world has fallen so quickly b/c of freedumb. If I were in my 20's, I'd be looking to move to a better country. Hopefully this is a case of it not getting better until it hits rock bottom. Sigh...

Old 07-01-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
She is manager, the lady is holding a kid, there are cameras everywhere, the odds of her ramming her with the cart which btw the ladies reaction to the noise wasnt ouch! it was Did you see that? my guess is she grabbed her cart. Its silly she should have just walked away and called the cops for trespassing.

We'll see. I'll have to follow this in the Spokane Spokesman-Review.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:56 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,101,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
Is refusing to wear a mask before entering a store a tell for mental health issues? At times it seems like it. The store has hygiene criteria; just deal with it or go elsewhere.
Sure probably some cases related to mental health probably exacerbated by stress/anxiety.

However, I cannot tell you how many times I have to explain to even some educated people that a private business reserves the right to decide how to conduct business.

Similar with free speech....

Seems like our schools need to improve civics lessons.

Old 07-01-2020, 07:58 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Was there a sign saying Mask required???

Her mask was ridiculous. It has no coverage. These Homemade masks are a joke! And hers clashed with her clown hair! There is no seal.

If you can smell perfumes, etc through a mask you're wearing - it is no GOOD!

Old 07-01-2020, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Was there a sign saying Mask required???

Her mask was ridiculous. It has no coverage. These Homemade masks are a joke! And hers clashed with her clown hair! There is no seal.

If you can smell perfumes, etc through a mask you're wearing - it is no GOOD!

The only valid point in this story is "You must wear a mask" but it's okay for me to wear one that provides no more protection than you not wearing yours.

And it look like Bozette the Clown got about 24" away from the would-be shopper right from the get-go. Social distancing? Just a smarmy, power-tripping Karen who gets paid for being obnoxious.

Old 07-01-2020, 08:00 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeHippocrates View Post
No shirt, no shoes, no mask -
No Dice.

Read it, learn it, live it.
And if the person has a disability that prevents them from wearing a mask?

Me thinks the door nazi (personally), as well as the company they work for may face a serious lawsuit under the provisions of the ADA.......

One more time, and I'll own Wal Mart, lol

CN

Old 07-01-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeHippocrates View Post
Also look at Taiwan. Same number of fatalities

My friend was visiting family back in Taiwan when the COVID-19 epidemic exploded. I emailed him in April, to see if he got back tp the U.S. ok. He said he actually would have rather stayed in Taiwan, since they were much better at containing the spread. He listed many measures they employed at a national level, and not one of them included closing businesses (i.e. lockdown).

If interested, you can look up what they did. But along with that, people in Taiwan didn't see wearing a mask in public as an assault on their personal freedoms. They just did it.

And that has what, precisely, to do with this incident?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies