Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2020, 01:39 AM

10,113 posts, read 9,979,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You can have at it. I cannot solve problems if they will not be heard. Remember, "I'm a racist"
Overly sensitive and easily offended. Feelings are now a gauge of failure or success. Today, how we feel is all that matters.
Get a real education, instead of the myth of public education and all that is needed is more money.
I'm not concerned with your racism, as it is your burden to bear. I only care about advancement of black people in a society that is predicated on oppression not of our own doing and/or self-inflicted

Old 07-03-2020, 02:02 AM

27,578 posts, read 28,680,428 times
In other words, this a way of telling everybody that black people are more special than all other people.

Old 07-03-2020, 02:09 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
In other words, this a way of telling everybody that black people are more special than all other people.
Or that they're incapable of being judged on their own merits, and need "special" treatment.
Odd, that other non-whites have no trouble with getting good grades and good jobs.
I see plenty of East Asians (oriental) and South Asians (Indians,etc) work hard at school, work hard at jobs, and they seem to prosper. But I could be mistaken.

Old 07-03-2020, 02:15 AM

10,113 posts, read 9,979,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It's saying that black people matter as well. There's too much complaining from white people about the Black National Anthem, but you already have your own anthem titled, "The Star Spangled Banner."

White people have been acting like little babies lately like you're upset that you'll be forgotten about.

Old 07-03-2020, 02:44 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Too late. The BLM whiners and crybabies have already contaminated College ball, too.

I'd say pure, unadulterated greed had already contaminated both the NFL and college ball before racism became the flavor of the week.

Old 07-03-2020, 02:52 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KodeBlue View Post
It's saying that black people matter as well. There's too much complaining from white people about the Black National Anthem, but you already have your own anthem titled, "The Star Spangled Banner."

White people have been acting like little babies lately like you're upset that you'll be forgotten about.
That is the stupidest thing I have read all day. You are selfishly elevating one race above all others by promoting this garbage. Its just racist pandering because you believe black people are too weak and stupid to live unless they are constantly praised and have their asses kissed.

Jericho Green said it best: "Black people are the Faberge eggs of ethnicity". They are treated like a sleeping baby..dont make any noise, tiptoe quietly, and dont slam the door.

Why do the Hispanics not get a national anthem?

Old 07-03-2020, 03:12 AM

9,049 posts, read 3,525,554 times
Quote:
I didn't see the bolded print, sorry.

So the National Federation of the Blind isn't national either because it's "for a select group out of the population," correct?

Sounds silly, right? That's your logic.

You have no logic. The Black National Anthem gets played. If you don't like it, write a letter to Roger Goodell
lol the irony of speaking about logic when you come up with the bold sentence. You wouldn't fool a 5 year old with that drivel.

Old 07-03-2020, 03:26 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:

Logically, since you have NO problem identifying some things as exclusive to one race, I guess you'd like a return to things like White Lunch Counters, eh?

Or are you simply trying to demonstrate the fool's errand of attempting to make a right from two wrongs?

Last edited by burdell; 07-03-2020 at 03:35 AM..

Old 07-03-2020, 05:51 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times
Quote:
Never heard of it. And I've been playing in Marching bands, including every National Anthem for every visiting country (yes, and for the U.S.), for the last 50 years.

The U.S. does not have a "Black National Anthem".

Or a "White National Anthem".

Or a "Tall People's National Anthem".

Or a "Women's National Anthem".

Or a "Lefthanders' National Anthem".

Or a "Baldies' National Anthem".

Anything that's for a select group out of the population, is not "National" at all, by definition.

If you're a U.S. citizen, "The Star-Spangled Banner" is your national anthem.

Don't like it? Write your Congressman. Until Congress and the Prez change it, it's your National Anthem.
I'm white and probably heard Lift Every Voice and Sing five times during Black History Month. It is played by marching bands, especially at HBCUs. It's a popular inspiriational song. So what if it's not an 'official' anthem of anything. If the NFL plays it before a game I doubt very much they'll refer to the song as an anthem.

Old 07-03-2020, 06:05 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Never heard of it. And I've been playing in Marching bands, including every National Anthem for every visiting country (yes, and for the U.S.), for the last 50 years.

The U.S. does not have a "Black National Anthem".

Or a "White National Anthem".

Or a "Tall People's National Anthem".

Or a "Women's National Anthem".

Or a "Lefthanders' National Anthem".

Or a "Baldies' National Anthem".

Anything that's for a select group out of the population, is not "National" at all, by definition.

If you're a U.S. citizen, "The Star-Spangled Banner" is your national anthem.

Don't like it? Write your Congressman. Until Congress and the Prez change it, it's your National Anthem.
Didn't you get the message? Black people are SPECIAL, they things others in America don't. Systemic preferences in hiring and college admission. They can commit crimes without being held responsible for them. They "demand" special handouts just due to the color of their skin. Black specific holidays, "months" and TV networks. Why not their own "National Anthem"-they are special after all, and this is just a logical extension of the madness taking over this country.

OK, sarcasm off-I suspect that many black people are justs as insulted and revolted by this mindless, idiotic pandering as the rest of the country is. It's beyond embarrassing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies