Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2020, 03:16 PM

8,244 posts, read 3,495,089 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
It's come down to what the fans think. If they stay home on game days, and turn the TV channel to something else, the team will get the message and keep the Redskins name. But if the fans keep on paying to see the Washington Capitulators, then they'll keep the new name. It's as simple as that.

So, for those who are fans of this team and are opposed to the name change, it's time to put your money where your mouth is.
The fans in my group have decided to keep calling them the Redskins no matter what they change the name to.

The team was founded by Indians. It was named by Indians. The logo was designed by Indians. The man on the logo was a real Indian. There was nothing racist about the team.

There are people that keep going after a target to change and will keep at them for years until they wear them down to their demands. It's all about conquering someone else. You can never reason with people like that.

There's a name that they are leaning towards, but I am not going to post it here. It's not official and they may go with something else. It's still a name with Indian traditions if they go with it.

There are no true fans for this team that hate Indians. We have great admiration for Indians. Our fans have entire rooms in their homes decked out in Indian decor with Redskin memorabilia mixed in with it. Some of our fans are even Indians and show up in Indian gear for the games. It's a tradition going back over eighty years.

The only fans that are in agreement with this are the fake fans that have the same mindset at those that went after the team in the first place.

They reorganized the team and brought in new players. We were going to do great things. Hoping this doesn't affect morale too bad. Hard to focus during a season when you enter already having been defeated to the point where your identity has been literally stripped away from you.

We had a lot of Cowboy fans against the name change. It ruins a long time rivalry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2020, 03:19 PM

2,921 posts, read 1,986,113 times
Not reading through all these pages to see if this has been recommended yet, but I highly suggest the new name of The D.C. Comics. It seems fitting, especially with Snyder as owner.

Old 07-13-2020, 03:25 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,163,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Chiefs, Indians, Braves, Vikings, and others I'm sure. Another proud, long time tradition killed by the PC, Woke, SJW nonsense.

I'm hearing the Cowboy fans are getting a bit nervous for their name as well....

Old 07-13-2020, 03:45 PM

4,901 posts, read 3,362,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubjectBook View Post
The people doing this to our national sports leagues should just start their own leagues.

The athletes taking a knee and making big political statements have alienated their entire fan base. The athletes have lost respect and the leagues have lost more revenue than they can ever imagine. The cities do not respect them anymore either.

Ultimately these athletes will no longer make multi-million dollar salaries. The ones who refused to stand for the anthem and the ones that made political statements will be hated by future generations of athletes for a very long time to come.
Bend the knee, pay the price.

Old 07-13-2020, 03:57 PM

2,149 posts, read 1,516,977 times
Stupid on steriods...

Old 07-13-2020, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioJB View Post
Not reading through all these pages to see if this has been recommended yet, but I highly suggest the new name of The D.C. Comics. It seems fitting, especially with Snyder as owner.
They traded the best starting tackle in the game to my Niners for a bag of peanuts. I vote Comics as well!

Old 07-13-2020, 04:26 PM

17,582 posts, read 13,362,412 times
They can leave name and logo exactly as is, just replace the Indian image with a redskin potato!

Old 07-13-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
They can leave name and logo exactly as is, just replace the Indian image with a redskin potato!
Well the owner is a potato head! I like your logic!

Old 07-13-2020, 04:40 PM

25,756 posts, read 18,818,821 times
Okay, maybe my friend didn't say they were going to change to the "Washington Whiteskins." I think maybe it was the "Washington Fourskins." (you know, to celebrate the four major shades of skin: white, brown, red, and black)

Old 07-13-2020, 05:04 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete98146 View Post
I'm hearing the Cowboy fans are getting a bit nervous for their name as well....
Why would they change the name of the Cowboys?

On another note - what happens when fans show up with their Redskin jerseys on? Will security make them remove them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies