Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2020, 01:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
These Democratic run states / cities are enabling this and should all be charged with some crime.

Every one of them. I won't hold my breath.

Old 07-04-2020, 01:03 PM

5,209 posts, read 1,795,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Who the driver is has nothing to do with what you or the people in this thread are doing. If you aren't part of the trash that's cheering this on, then you should be vocal about the people who are. If you aren't being vocal against them, then you belong in the same bin.
Huh??? How about a third option: the government of Seattle has blood on its hands for not imposing law and order. Had THEY not allowed a road to be closed for three weeks, 6 blocks to be taken over, etc. this would never have happened. Protests do not belong on highways. Protesters do not get to take over an area and call it autonomous. Highways should not be closed for 19 days. When you continually give into anarchy, people get hurt and die.

I belong in the bin of governments protecting the people, including the two who got hit on a highway at 1:30 a.m., and this driver who may very well have been a confused guy driving on a road. If it turns out he had bad intent, then he should be in jail.

Old 07-04-2020, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That is gonna leave a mark.. on the car and the bodies but sadly it is very doubtful that it will leave a mark on those idiots that will be back blocking the streets.

What are we supposed to learn from them blocking the streets? In the videos I have seen all they do is jump around and yell but if you try and get through they will smash your windows, try to drag you out of your car, beat you to a pulp for disrespecting them and the memory of Floyd?? This is still about Floyd isn't it??

Do not stop people. Keep driving and don't become a victim of the mob.

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How was the driver supposed to see an unexpected, makeshift blockade with no illumination at 1:30 in the morning when they were going 60+ mph?

He did see it but too late because he had time to swerve around it but not time to stop.

Stop making excuses for these idiots on the highway were they don't belong in the middle of the night.
The blockade was literally directly under one of the massive highway street lamps. That's the most illuminated stretch of that entire road. And there are no dark spots on city highways like that where you can't see big white cars 100s of yds away. There's absolutely no way that the driver did not see those cars in advance.

The only one making excuses is you so that you can continue cheering on a murderer bc you don't like the victims.

31,848 posts, read 17,598,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm looking at it like this, which wasn't the case, but bear with me...

Had the road not been closed by the fuzz and you're driving down it then come across an unmarked car parked as a barrier with a large crowd on both sides of it and in front of it...with all that has gone on over the last few weeks...I'd give at least a little leeway to folks if they got scared and panicked.
Yeah, I could see that if he had attempted to slow down first, but no attempt to do that? Even if panicked? Makes no sense to me. I'm not going to maintain my speed once I realize there are people milling about ahead. I won't slow down to the point where they can approach the car, but he was going at a really fast clip and did nothing to adjust.

He'll use the excuse he panicked, more than likely. I'm just not seeing that as justification.

Old 07-04-2020, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Did the police close the road, or did the 'protesters?' It isn't clear but the CNN article says this:

"Mead said a car drove around a series of "support vehicles" that protesters were using to block I-5 and protect themselves, and onto the shoulder of the freeway where protesters were standing."

It looks like the protesters took it upon themselves and closed the road. I didn't know that was allowed. I also read somewhere that the highway has had closures for 19 days. Not clear who is closing the highways or why on earth that would be acceptable. Do regular citizens who need to actually drive on roads even matter anymore?

This most recent catastrophe is on the government of Seattle. They should never have let mobs take over the city.

Durkan and Inslee need to own this completely.

Old 07-04-2020, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
When they called 911 would have been fitting for the police to say "sorry" we were defunded so everybody is gone job hunting. please call a social worker for help.

2,910 posts, read 1,358,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
How was the driver supposed to see an unexpected, makeshift blockade with no illumination at 1:30 in the morning when they were going 60+ mph?

He did see it but too late because he had time to swerve around it but not time to stop.

Stop making excuses for these idiots on the highway were they don't belong in the middle of the night.
It looks like he didn't even attempt to slow down until after he hit a couple of people. It's hard to say from that angle, but I think he had enough time to slow to a complete stop but didn't for whatever reason.

18,453 posts, read 7,083,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
Did the police close the road, or did the 'protesters?' It isn't clear but the CNN article says this:

"Mead said a car drove around a series of "support vehicles" that protesters were using to block I-5 and protect themselves, and onto the shoulder of the freeway where protesters were standing."

It looks like the protesters took it upon themselves and closed the road. I didn't know that was allowed. I also read somewhere that the highway has had closures for 19 days. Not clear who is closing the highways or why on earth that would be acceptable. Do regular citizens who need to actually drive on roads even matter anymore?

This most recent catastrophe is on the government of Seattle. They should never have let mobs take over the city.

I don't understand these roadway protests.

Even if a road is closed.....who are they protesting TO?

Especially at 1:30 in the morning?

Old 07-04-2020, 01:07 PM

21,830 posts, read 25,109,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What is wrong with you people? Seriously. Someone is protesting where they shouldn't be and you cheer them getting run over by a psychopath? Every single person celebrating this is a trash human of the lowest order.
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. In this case, like many cases, it took three to tango. Protesters decided to protest on the highway. Police decided to close the highway rather than do what they should have done and get a couple paddy wagons and give them all a ride to the drunk tank for the weekend and impound the vehicles. Jaguar driver decided to go out of his way to get onto a closed highway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies