Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2020, 02:40 PM

4,523 posts, read 3,428,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just what kind of s***hole has Seattle turned into? The leadership literally shuts down a major highway every night for weeks, just so some spoiled morons can throw a temper tantrum? They disrupt the lives of honest, working citizens for these fools? This is even more stupid and backwards than the CHAZ.
No kidding. Seattle's leadership has mightly failed.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:43 PM

20,954 posts, read 5,572,349 times
Quote:
Just what kind of s***hole has Seattle turned into? The leadership literally shuts down a major highway every night for weeks, just so some spoiled morons can throw a temper tantrum? They disrupt the lives of honest, working citizens for these fools? This is even more stupid and backwards than the CHAZ.

You said it! It's disgracefully negligent. I hope that Durkan and Inslee are starting to feel their toes sizzling because Washingtonians and Seattleites are going to hold their tender feet to the fire!

Old 07-04-2020, 02:44 PM

13,872 posts, read 5,073,340 times
Quote:
Your priorities are backazzwards. Violent criminals attempt to shut down a major highway over a temper tantrum. The driver had every reason to go on his way. Speedbumps. Perhaps some other left-wing moron will learn a lesson from this.
"Troopers arrived and the driver was put in custody, Washington State Patrol Capt. Ron Mead said.

Kelete was booked into the King County Correctional Facility on Saturday morning on two counts of vehicular assault. Bail was denied. It was not immediately clear if Kelete had an attorney who could speak on his behalf.

Officials were trying to determine the motive as well as where he got onto the interstate, which had been closed by the state patrol for more than an hour before the women were hit. Mead said they suspect Kelete drove the wrong way on a ramp. Trooper Rick Johnson said the driver went through a barrier that closed the freeway before striking the women."

Besides vehicular assault, he drove the wrong way on a ramp, on a freeway that was closed to traffic, intentionally hit two people, then hit and run. Whose the violent criminal?

Old 07-04-2020, 02:45 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,829,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Except that, on any other normal night before the "protesting" started, he would have every right to be there. And in the case of bone fide highway shutdowns for maintenance, et cetera, the authorities would have been responsible for not adequately getting the road shut down and actually disabling motorists from entering.
None of that matters when he illegally entered the freeway and hit two people at high speed. I'm not excusing any of the worthless leaders of Seattle who have allowed this mayhem.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:49 PM

9,700 posts, read 5,137,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You obviously did not read my posts on this thread so STHU with the "you and your ilk" BS. Bless your heart right down to your toes.

I expect an apology but I'm sure won't get one.
You're right. You were one of the few cautioning celebrating this. So I retract saying you were part of the degenerates. I hope you have good 4th of July bc at least you still know what it means to be an American.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:50 PM

20,954 posts, read 5,572,349 times
This almost looks like a "balanced" account of the incident with a few details I had not yet heard, namely that the "roadblock" looks to have been made by the "protesters", who had no legal right to do such a thing.

https://anthonyblogan.com/seattle-pr...at-high-speed/

Old 07-04-2020, 02:54 PM
Status: "This too shall pass. But possibly, like a kidney stone." (set 18 days ago)

36,099 posts, read 18,359,377 times
Quote:
This almost looks like a "balanced" account of the incident with a few details I had not yet heard, namely that the "roadblock" looks to have been made by the "protesters", who had no legal right to do such a thing.

I think that Blogger is wrong. This USNEWS report quotes two separate LE officers, who appear to indicate the road was officially closed. The article was posted an hour ago.

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...20%E2%80%9CCar!

Old 07-04-2020, 02:56 PM

12,068 posts, read 5,968,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Meanwhile, I get the pleasure of claiming the moral high ground bc I haven't taken the deplorable position of rooting for murderers bc of politics. I think it's indisputable that you'd have to be a trash human to celebrate that, right?
I've said for a long time that this was going to come to a head and you and others here have done nothing but make disgusting comments about the President and those who support him. You actually have demonstrated the mentality of a 6 yr old in many of your posts. How many people got killed in Chaz? How many good people died because of the riots?

Despite not applauding it - you also didn't condemn it. So it was virtual signaling that you condoned it.

I feel sorry for the families of these young women - but maybe this will knock some sense into these young kids heads. Who are the protesting to in the middle of the night? I'm sure it's less of a protest and more of a nightly party under the guise of protesting. Spreading their vitrol streaming their supposed protest. I've said before - when these kids get out in the real world and have to act like adults - they'll be in for a rude awakening. They'll have to hope who ever hires them doesn't check the internet.

Maybe now the nightly protests on empty highways will stop and people will stop and see that peaceful protests with the correct permits and police presence is the way to make people aware of different problems - and it doesn't have to carry on for weeks on end because by then - people are sick of it, frustrated and the whole meaning of the protest is lost.

Old 07-04-2020, 02:57 PM

289 posts, read 145,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
What is wrong with you people? Seriously. Someone is protesting where they shouldn't be and you cheer them getting run over by a psychopath? Every single person celebrating this is a trash human of the lowest order.
Damn, you are seriously triggered today!

Old 07-04-2020, 02:59 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,829,602 times
Quote:

We need more info definitely. If the guy was driving on the highway with no idea of the protest then he is not at fault other than if he was speeding. If he got on illegally then he is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies