Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2020, 03:33 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 29 days ago)

35,774 posts, read 18,115,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Blocking interstate or US routes should be a federal crime. If the states want to allow blockage of state routes that is their business. I'd recommend a low level felony for violation.

Interstates are vital arteries for safety and commerce and defended by military or guard if necessary.
Did you realize it was LE who had blocked the road?

Old 07-04-2020, 03:34 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 29 days ago)

35,774 posts, read 18,115,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Since when is it legal to ever stand on an interstate highway?
When it's blocked by LE, for the protection of those standing in the road.

If you don't agree LE should have barricaded it and declared it closed, that's fine.

But to say they were standing there illegally, they weren't. The road was closed for their safety.

Old 07-04-2020, 03:35 PM

11,893 posts, read 5,870,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdriver74 View Post
Blocking interstate or US routes should be a federal crime. If the states want to allow blockage of state routes that is their business. I'd recommend a low level felony for violation.

Interstates are vital arteries for safety and commerce and defended by military or guard if necessary.
This is how you handle protests! I remember all too well when this happened back in 92 in Western New York. As much as I disliked Cuomo (Mario) he did the right thing - wouldn't catch his son doing that today - he'd be just like Seattle's leaders.

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/17/n...ax-ruling.html

https://www.deseret.com/1992/7/17/18...st-sales-taxes

Old 07-04-2020, 03:36 PM

8,389 posts, read 2,997,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Do we really need a discussion on the wrongs of cheering on murder bc you don't like the victims politics? I would think one would have the moral fortitude to stand up against that regardless of who you were talking to.
There was no attempted murder. Only a driver in fear of his safety and life. Protesters have shot at cars. You don’t care about the safety of those occupying these vehicles often with young children, being shot at, yanked out of their cars, struck with bats and crowbars and having dangerous objects thrown at their skulls, many sustaining serious injuries.

You obviously don’t care for their safety, only the safety of these violent BLM criminals.

People like you are disgusting and encourage this violent behavior. No doubt you are the BLM antifa type.

Through your comments here you’ve exposed yourself, BLM boy.

Old 07-04-2020, 03:38 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,127,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Do we really need a discussion on the wrongs of cheering on murder bc you don't like the victims politics? I would think one would have the moral fortitude to stand up against that regardless of who you were talking to.
There's nothing to discuss Eddie - I already said I don't celebrate anyone's death so get off your pedestal.

As far as discussions - you've never done any discussion only insulting - so go use your holier than thou attitude on someone else.
That's fine. I'll be okay knowing I'm not a trash human, even if you think taking a stand against cheering against murder is a "holier than thou attitude"...

18,575 posts, read 8,380,093 times
play stupid games...win stupid prizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
You want sympathy for someone who was stupid enough to jump in front of a moving car?

You know who is to blame? Liberals. Liberals have coddled and encouraged this lunacy, allowing ANTIFA and BLM terrorists to commit crimes, disrupt commerce, disrupt traffic, and restrict the rights of others.

With no consequences to their behavior, of course there was going to be an escalation in idiocy and thus deaths. Sadly, there will be more deaths to come, as both groups have become conditioned to expect no resistence to their illegal acts; when they expand their crimes to conservative areas, they are going to get killed.

You, as a liberal, fostered this behavior- own it.

2,915 posts, read 1,367,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Just what kind of s***hole has Seattle turned into? The leadership literally shuts down a major highway every night for weeks, just so some spoiled morons can throw a temper tantrum? They disrupt the lives of honest, working citizens for these fools? This is even more stupid and backwards than the CHAZ.
This is even more stupid and backwards than the Bundy takeover of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Both involved spoiled morons throwing temper tantrums, but they shut down the freeway so people could protest? Are you kidding me?

Old 07-04-2020, 03:39 PM

12,928 posts, read 9,660,390 times
Whoops. Hope the car wasn’t damaged. I almost ran out of gas the other day because of chop

Old 07-04-2020, 03:39 PM

18,473 posts, read 7,123,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Ok stop excusing the driver. He is being investigated and probably charged heavily because he may have purposefully gone the wrong way up a ramp to gain access to a closed road.

Here's the bottom line:

If you're standing in the middle of a highway at 1:30 in the morning and you expect NOT to be hit by a car......

Highway supposedly shut down or not......

You're an idiot.

Old 07-04-2020, 03:40 PM

11,893 posts, read 5,870,976 times
Leona - I don't think that the driver even knew those people were there. I'll be surprised if it comes out he did this on purpose. I think he was on something or just an a** who didn't want to drive the long way home. He was going so fast, maybe texting, and looked up to see those vehicles - swerved to miss them and had no idea the protestors were there. Sucks to be him. Doesn't mean that I agree with any roads being closed due to protestors who don't have valid permits and I definitely don't agree they should be on the thruways - especially at night. It serves no purpose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies