Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2020, 08:55 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,384,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dementia Joe B View Post
I just watched the video and she said the 120 number includes people who died DAYS & WEEKS AGO. If they died days & weeks ago, why are they being tallied for just one day? That makes no sense. That means 120 people did NOT die today.
She's saying the 4000 number includes ppl who died weeks and days ago. Not that they all died in one day. Im not sure why she needed to clarify that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I think this is the case. It was laughable when they tried to claim everyone on beaches or at funerals were spreading the virus, but protestors screaming at people, beating people, rioting and all did not spread it at all, even though the National Guard and Police that were trying to hold them back experienced a bug surge in the virus. Once that happened, I think people just said **** it and went back to their normal life.
People at beaches, bars, restaurants, etc. are not wearing masks. Protesters are. That's why the massive protests in ny, dc, chicago, philadelphia, etc. saw zero spikes, ZERO.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:32 PM

866 posts, read 319,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaky Girl View Post
It’s pretty amazing DeSantis is this incompetent. I hate him, and even I expected better.
Hate. I really don't understand the hate reaction that has been all over the news.

Old 07-09-2020, 10:56 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,913 times
Quote:
Can you explain in more detail? If they died days ago and others weeks ago, according to the woman in the video, why would they be recorded and reported all in one day? That makes that one day look worse than it is and the other days look better than they are. Why not just report on the day they happen? There must be a reason.
If those were deaths from days or a week ago, the number of deaths could be a lot worse today or yesterday if trends continue. We shall see how this week unfolds.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:07 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
The goal was to flatten the curve, it was never possible to eliminate it entirely. States like Florida, Texas, and California have had very flat curves over the past several months and are now peaking.....but due to how well they handled things they are peaking at much lower numbers than the states that were outright failures like NY who were having nearly 1000 deaths a day for most of April.

What did you expect to happen?

Old 07-10-2020, 08:11 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,558,130 times
Quote:
Almost all the the video I have watched of the protests and riots have no one wearing masks. You need to watch more than the two videos your TV plays on a loop. There were thousand of protests and riots, which still continue to this day. No mask wearing at all.
The ideological purity of the rioters protects them. You have to realize you are effectively talking to religious zealots when you are speaking to our friends on the left.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:27 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
100% of the protesters in my local area were not wearing masks. Be careful not to go by just the few videos the national media played on a loop. There were thousand and thousands of protests and riots across the country and the majority if the ones I have viewed had most people not wearing masks. That started it rolling and then people who were told they could not attend a family member's funeral outside or the beach outside said **** it after seeing protesters get exemptions. It really is that simple.

Oh, the national media had a Grand Conspiracy to only show protesters who wore masks. ABC, NBC, CNN, CBS, etc. all had a conference call and they said, "Let's only show protesters with masks to make them look good." Of course, why didn't I think of that?

Believe what you want, but it is clear that the protest did not spread the virus nearly as much as the early reopen states. A hundred people packed into a bar maskless in Phoenix spreads the virus far more rapidly than protesters marching down the street. It's really that simple.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Almost all the the video I have watched of the protests and riots have no one wearing masks. You need to watch more than the two videos your TV plays on a loop. There were thousand of protests and riots, which still continue to this day. No mask wearing at all.
This scenario, is extremely doubtful, but thanks for trying it to spin it to fit your own narrative. You still haven't told me why all the major cities with the biggest protests, by far, have seen zero spikes of covid cases. It's literally been almost a month and a half since the protests first began.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It wasn't as clear-cut as you make it sound. Many of the protesters were wearing masks -- don't forget, Antifa were wearing masks long before there was a pandemic. In this photo from Seattle you can see that the percentage of mask wearers is quite high:

Seattle Floyd protest

I don't know of any credible study that compares COVID R0 at protests vs non-protests, but it does appear now that the early reopen states are spreading it at much faster rates than any of the protests did.
This photo gives you an indication of how protesters for blm think, when it comes to wearing masks. Trying to perpetuate the lie that protesters don't wear masks and that's why we are seeing huge spikes in covid cases, and in southern states, no less, where protests were not large to begin with, is deflecting blame where it squarely belongs.

Old 07-10-2020, 09:24 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
This photo gives you an indication of how protesters for blm think, when it comes to wearing masks. Trying to perpetuate the lie that protesters don't wear masks and that's why we are seeing huge spikes in covid cases, and in southern states, no less, where protests were not large to begin with, is deflecting blame where it squarely belongs.
Yup. And here in California where retail stores are becoming more strict about requiring masks and some cities are handing out fines for not wearing one, the pushback from some conservatives has been, "If the protesters didn't have to wear masks then why should I?"

That's the logic of an 8 year old. "Billy next door doesn't hafta clean his room so why do I haf to?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies